• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Stuff I throw

remibarron

Bogey Member
Years playing: 2 years minus cold ass winters
Lefty
All backhand
Dinstances: Driver: 360 (orc) Mid 280 (Buzzz)
19 M

Bag:

Drivers (weight/plastic/model/condition/use):
171 Champ Orc, fairly worn - main driver, longest and pretty straight

171 ESP XL, pretty new - Straight, a little more controllable than the Orc

164 Z XS, used - hyzers, downhill shots
175 Champ Starfire, pretty new - overstable/headwind/big hyzers that I want to die fast

167 Sabre (feels like softer champ), new - understable annies, right to left shots

Mids:
177 X Buzzz, used - main mid
172 Z Wasp new - hyzers

Putters:
173 D Ringer, used - hyzers and main putter
171 DX Aviar, used - annies

a light pro orc would be a good pure D driver. maybe a fresh champ orc when you need the fade or for headwind. if you like the XL you should try one in elite X plastic it could probably replace the sabre.

the x buzz is a little bit heavy for how far you are throwing. try a 172-174 and see what you think.

i'm not telling you to ditch the sabre, but if you lose it or stop liking it i would try an elite-x xl.

i'm not telling you to ditch the sabre, but if you lose it or stop liking it i would try an elite-x xl.

Oh that makes sense. Any mids that I could benefit from? Is it really necessary to have one as overstable as a drone, or is a wasp enough?

Wasp should be fine as a compliment to your Buzzz. Alot of people will power down on an overstable driver for windy mid shots. They use discs like the Firebird,Pred,Banshee and XXX. I currently use Buzzzes as my mid and use a Firebird for mid shots that I need more fade on or that need to fight the wind.

Get a Pro Orc or Beast like Glong mentioned. Pro plastic makes for great long distance drivers since they typically have awesome glide.

When we played it seemed like your X buzzz went plenty far and dead straight. Maybe add a comet or meteor for understable duties.

Another cool disc I have found lately is a discraft ESP zone. I wanted an overstable midrange but didn't find one I liked until I found the Zone. It feels right inbetween a putter and mid and is great for all the weird shots you encounter on courses with lots of obstacles. Plenty overstable for windy days too. I just use that and a Starfire and have found I have no need for a mid.

Also, if you would like, I have a whole box full of discs that you could try out. My wife would love for me to get rid of some. I have a bunch of midranges too including a hornet which might also work for you. We should meet up and play again and if you have any discs you want to try let me know.

Latest posts