• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Sugaree Phase 3

Even worse are those want to play a round first, and say they'll do course work afterwards.

But, at bottom, for all of us who have had the opportunity to build our own courses, enjoy them with our friends, make new lifetime friends there... it's a labor of love done for ourselves, done for our own reasons. Sometimes things happen along the way that lead you into another chapter of life... and you move on. Love ya Rich.

But, at bottom, for all of us who have had the opportunity to build our own courses, enjoy them with our friends, make new lifetime friends there... it's a labor of love done for ourselves, done for our own reasons. Sometimes things happen along the way that lead you into another chapter of life... and you move on. Love ya Rich.

At the end of the day, guys like Riverdawg make it all worthwhile... when it's not your cross to bear and there's only one way out.

Just think, if it wasn't for your course, I would've never had the opportunity to see my brother nearly fall through the floor of that house and laugh hysterically. It's a debt I can't repay you, Mando. :D

Just think, if it wasn't for your course, I would've never had the opportunity to see my brother nearly fall through the floor of that house and laugh hysterically. It's a debt I can't repay you, Mando. :D
Yep. So much more than just the golf...the tower of terror episode was slapstick at it's best. And anytime Royal showed up, was like having Rodney Dangerfield on the card.

So, what I'm hoping to do is merge an electric mountain bike trails system with a disc golf course...it may just be a pipedream.
Yes, we will have e-mtb rentals.

Imagine a place where you could take your wife and/or kids to a disc golf course on vacation, and not feel guilty.

Would you have to get any liability insurance for mtb trails?

Yeah, that hurt. Although not nearly as much as missing a three-foot putt and watching it roll 100 feet down the mountain........

Imagine a place where you could take your wife and/or kids to a disc golf course on vacation, and not feel guilty.

I have rediscovered my love of mountainbiking again, just this past week. Once I get my skill level back up a bit, I'd like nothing more than to catch some single track with you, Mando. Disc golf is great, but now I realize just how much I enjoy, and miss, a good ride! I've done dark mountain and the overmountain victory trail there at the W. Kerr Scott dam. I'm gonna work on my skills and attend to my wife, and then I look forward to coming up for a ride!

Would you have to get any liability insurance for mtb trails?

I believe mountain biking is considered an "inherently dangerous" activity, in North Carolina, and there are a lot of automatic protections built into that. It wouldn't hurt to have a few signs and a waiver, I assume. But that's probably a good idea to have some face time with an insurance agent. Have to be careful these days.

My round at Sugaree with my brother and Mando is my all-time favorite round. Thinking about that afternoon still makes my heart swell, years after the fact. The vibe was splendid, Mando was an endlessly generous host, and the course was out of this world. It was the stuff of dreams.

If I ever have the chance to play it again, God- and Mando-willing, I'll consider myself a lucky guy.

I'm having surgery on the 28th. 6 weeks with no disc golf. Sugaree was the first course that I thought of as a "Where do I most want to play before I go under the knife". Looking toward Michigan now knowing it won't be what I was dreaming of.

I'm having surgery on the 28th. 6 weeks with no disc golf. Sugaree was the first course that I thought of as a "Where do I most want to play before I go under the knife". Looking toward Michigan now knowing it won't be what I was dreaming of.
Sorry to hear it, Greg. I hope it goes well. I smashed my shoulder into a pile of rocks on a mountain bike wreck, so I'm on the disabled list for awhile as well. Maybe we can pull things together in 2019.

Ouch. At least my stuff is scheduled. Good luck with the farm while you are recovering. 2019, hopefully a better year for old men.

I'm not sure where to ask. I'll be going to Charlotte in November and would love to play Sugaree. Is it truly extinct? What's the scoop?

Mando (above posts) is the owner. Ask him. Or at least read his posts.

Mando (above posts) is the owner. Ask him. Or at least read his posts.

Pardon the ignorance. Maybe I should ask if or when I could play phase 3, 4, or something in between. I've only heard about Sugaree from DGCR, and don't know anyone who's played it, but from what I hear it's a course I don't want to miss.

Fear not. I'll message Mando when the time comes.

I didn't intend to be snide---just to pass along that information, which I thought would be most helpful. I guessed that you were unaware he was the owner. Either contact him (he's a great guy), or by reading his posts you might conclude that it's not worth contacting him, as it's doubtful it'll be opened again.

I didn't intend to be snide---just to pass along that information, which I thought would be most helpful.

I did.

Mando's whole point is about getting a lack of support. People only care about playing not the blood, sweat, and tears put into it. In turn, poster asks when he can play.

Latest posts