• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Suggested Windy Putter

I personally like to use my R-Pro Roc when there's wind... but I've been using it for more and more putting duties as of late. Used it for the whole round putting the other day and ended up -1 at my home course for the first time. The one hole I didn't use it on (2) I missed the 25 foot par putt.

unless wind is howling stick with the putter you regularly use- as apoth said aim high in tailwind, low in headwind. it's the archer not the arrow.

ding, ding, ding, winner. If you are changing your disc because of a little wind then you've already lost. If you start snapping it harder you will create lift and glide and if you miss you can wave goodbye. I think I go to about 2/3rds putting power as the wind increases and I make more putts than I normally do.

The putter doesnt make the man. The man makes the putter! On that note get the worlds best windy day putter. WIZARD!!!!!!

Yo, Matt. Best putter in the wind is a Rhyno by a long shot. I can let you borrow one to try out if you want. Just hit me up on Facebook next time you go shoot on a weekend.

The putter doesnt make the man. The man makes the putter! On that note get the world's best putter. WIZARD!!!!!!

FTFY

I do agree that it's the putter, not the disc though. I've seen some seriously long putts hit with Magnets in high winds.

I have putt with a Buzzz before. Seemed to work. I have a really hard time controlling a well snapped putt though. Maybe with more practice. Are there any good videos on "Spin" putting? I have seen a couple guys at my home course (Carl Chiles) hit some long puts using the legs spread spin putt method. I cannot control that at all.

I've been fighting 20-30 mph wind gusts since October around here. I normally putt with a wizard or a ridge for reference. My favorites all work similarly in the circle: 183 gram organic Wizard, firm VP, and an esp Zone. For outside the circle, I use an esp Zone or a flx Drone. Ryhnos, Challengers, Ridges, Ions are good too, just not great.

the best wind putter is your flippiest, beat to crap magnet. I'm still making 50ft and 60ft putts in 30mph winds with one. The skill is not hard to master. I've been putting with the same disc no matter what the wind does since last century.

Aces

Don't ever think that aces are underrated unless you play short courses often. The courses I play are long mountain courses that if you hit an ace its considered amazing. Any aces that are easy shots under 200 or so are still good but just notas good. Ive got four and I know a few really good golfers that still dont have one yet.