• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Suggestions for Starter Women's Bag

Although the rim on the Nuke is a little big I recently got a few light(160-164) Nuke SS's. I've had some of the ladies grip them to see if they thought they could throw them. Currently no one has picked one up. Soon we will have an adventurous young lady give one a try.

I have tried a nuke in that weight range. It worked nicely. It does a gorgeous flex shot and works with a little bit of wind. I don't know why people are always bashing higher speed discs for women. My main driver is a R-Pro Boss (I have a straight one and a flippy one). It was instantly way farther than my Valkyrie with just as much control.

Gf's bag"
Star Wraith
Z Surge" she has aced twice with it"
Warlock
P&A aviar
Pulse
Pro Orc
Champion orc
Spider

Luckily she is very competitive so we have no problem playing all day.
Her best score is -4 at Chavez Ridge... I have created a beast : )

Here's what I just ordered for my girlfriend:

X-Out Champ Leopard 150 Blue
DX Valkyrie 148 Red
DX Roc 144 Pink
X-Out Champ Glow Aviar 170

Anything I should change/add?

Personally would do a stingray or cobra and wouldn't let her throw the valk for a while until she is killing the leopard.

Anything I should change/add?

I don't see anything she can use in those Kansas headwinds, unless she just turns her roc or putter upside and throws scoobies. You might add a whippet or banshee.

As for the rest, if she doesn't like it, ship it to me. :p

Last edited:
I teach lessons and always tell beginners to stay away from the drivers. Start her off with a variety of mid range discs (Shark, Comet, Roc, Buzz, etc...) and a putter. They will throw them just as far and more accurately.

At some of the middle and high school clinics that i've done some of the farthest drives have been with a Quest Ultra Light Inferno. http://www.discgolfcenter.com/main_displayProduct.php?p=281
I saw a girl jack a 250+ drive on her very first attempt. All of them were in the 125 to 135g range. My dad is in his late 60's and started playing a few years ago. He was struggling to get a dx leopard and very light drivers out there. I gave him and ultralight and he immediately added significant distance. I don't usually suggest Quest but that driver is very good for certain players.

Latest posts