• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

super sekret teqniques

Pat said:
I hope Blake is doing what I do on the highway. If some asshole is riding my bumper when im driving, I'm going to slow down and drive slower on purpose to piss him off.

When some asshole is riding my bumper when im driving, he/she gets a special prize that I throw at him/her out my sunroof. What is the prize you ask? Its usually a $1.35 in pennies.

Pat said:
If you would have spent the last 2 weeks reading the technique section and hitting the practice field instead of posting every 15 minutes about when Blake is going to post, you wouldn't have to worry as much about what Blake is about to share and you would have a better understanding of the game since you were able to figure something out on your own.

I use my pitch putt technique when im throwing the pennies out of my sunroof.

P.S. My Motorola Droid gets an Internet connection on the Disc Golf course. Welcome to the 21st Century. :wink:

Sent From My Motorola Droid. Verizon Wireless - Rule The Air

heh, dudes n stuff...

i'm moving in 3 weeks. i've lived in the same apt for 9 years and have accumulated a mountain of stuff. my gf and her son have enough stuff for 7 people.

i used my one day of play time per week (which is what my knee permits) last week to play in 90+ degree heat and i just didn't "feel it". the base methodology is done, i just need to have a lesson or two in person to fine tune it. one of my first students with this technique just moved 50 miles away :p

i know there's about 7 people i owe pm replies to and 4-5 feedback pm's from guinea pigs i need to go over but after spending 14 hours today packing and taking several trips to one of my gf's friends who was willing to take all of the stuff we were going to goodwill i'm just kinda burned out tonight and I was planning on getting back to people on tuesday. i spent 10 hours packing on saturday. we had some big drama with the availability of the new place last week that spanned 4 days. to top it off, i had 4 craigslist no-shows today that were supposed to buy crap off of me.

so chill and gimme a min or 5 :p my stress level is through the roof right now.

Moving sucks, helped my best friend move last week, this week i helped my brother move. Now I have to help another friend move next weekend. I should learn to say no but i am stacking karma

been busy. it was my gf's b-day at the end of july. it was our 4 year anniversary today. got the lease signing monday. gf's son's b-day is near the end of august. moving end of august. spent the past month fiddling with which furniture to keep and which to get rid of, getting some new furniture, getting her son's b-day presents, getting rid of stuff we didn't want to move, etc.

moving does suck, especially when you're trying to move the "right way." instead of just tossing everything in boxes and getting it ready we're actually going through everything and saving just what we should keep and getting rid of the rest of it. i unloaded 5 tube tv's and 4 CRT monitors on craigslist last month.

to the locals: we're having a "moving party" the last weekend in august... free beer and food for anyone that helps carry some crap. there's a big field 50' out the back door so i could even do a lesson of this crap then too :p

i was gonna see if dan could help out with some videos for the drills i have done. the videos will be like 5 seconds long each.

If you want to try a small group camp as a test in the cities, I'd gladly come and bring my 15yo also. That way you would get an old annoying guy and young strong kid all in one package. I'm still stuck around 380' this year, it is getting old.

Once i get a feel for these techniques the Blake way and after he gives his method the final okay, i will definitely be holding a disc golf clinic somewhere in the Nashville area.

I might even be able to throw together a driver, midrange, putter bundle for new players.

Actually, it would be a great way to get an article about disc golf in the local papers as well. That way people will stop using the baskets as grills. Nothing can ruin a round of disc golf faster than some redneck asking you "Hey boy! How you hang the meat on these things?" (true story. I have the burnt basket at the course to prove it)

baskets as BBQs???
not bad
best I got was the police going by on bike patrol saying they thought the baskets were for feeding deer

now back to your regularly scheduled programming

That way people will stop using the baskets as grills. Nothing can ruin a round of disc golf faster than some redneck asking you "Hey boy! How you hang the meat on these things?" (true story. I have the burnt basket at the course to prove it)

dude... i lost a stroke in a tournament once when my putt slid off chicken fat gooed all over the chains. woulda preferred if the TD had actually removed the foil and charcoal from the basket before our round started. luckily i won the playoff for first but man...

ManU said:
they thought the baskets were for feeding deer

Doesn't everyone? :wink: Someone at one of the local courses that has horse/bike trails actually filled the basket with hay and had their horse eating out of it.

I once had an old guy ask where i was about to have a picnic.

I had no clue what he was talking about.

So I asked how he figured i was about to have a Picnic.

His answer: Well son, I see you have a bag full of plates. What else would you do with a bag full of plates at a park.

The only way that would have been funnier is if he thought the baskets were deer feeders. I really didnt have the heart to tell the old guy no, so i simply told him he was right.

Disc Golf - WTF?!?

Does anyone else have a problem with non-english speaking immigrants thinking that if they run the disc golf course backwards its a jogging trail?

oh yeah! i cant forget the random person that thinks the teepads are for doing yoga.

or the people who think that teepads located near water are for setting up their chairs and fishing off of.

or the guy that was using one of the teepads to change the oil on his car.

I really have to get some articles on what disc golf is in the local papers.

All of the sudden this thread is full of "win." :lol:

USAnarchy said:
Once i get a feel for these techniques the Blake way and after he gives his method the final okay, i will definitely be holding a disc golf clinic somewhere in the Nashville area.

I could possibly make it down to Nashville for some lessons. It's about 2 and a half hours from Louisville. That's doable.

patdabunny said:
masterbeato said:
...and you can not get some of it by looking at other threads, this is pretty different from anything that has been explained even though it may work off from some of it.

Kinda shoots your theory down, now doesn't it, ZJ? ;)

My original post was just "poking" fun at all the people waiting for secrets. Practicing these drills will only make it easier when blake goes public with this new stuff. I know you practice your technique, I have even reached out to you in PM's for advice, so I don't want no internet beef here. You at least kept it civil with smiley faces. 8)

USAnarchy said:
or the guy that was using one of the teepads to change the oil on his car.

Did you at least tee off from his hood?

USAnarchy said:

i may be able to swing that as well since i am pretty much the only person that knows how to teach Blake's new sekret teqnique.

here's spilling the beans a bit.

right now i am 3/4ths of the way done with the method. i have explored the final 1/4th with 4 different sets of drills so far, all of which have resulted in failure (they have usually worked for 1 or 2, but failed for everyone else). so far it's a partial success. i can get people to the "half-hitting it" point. most people have a pure slip so this is indeed an upgrade. half-hitting it can get people to the 415'ish wraith D, 430'ish destroyer D, and 450'ish nuke D. this however, is incomplete as i've been unable to perfect the final 1/4th... the final 1/4th being the jump from 375' to 440' with something like a teebird.

right now i'm completely burned out on this... like bad, because there's a lot of stuff going on right now in my life, i'm probably going to have to take a break from it a bit.

i will do an "official" write-up when i find the magic final 1/4th or when i have given up on finding the magic 1/4th. there's still a few things left for me to try but i probably won't be able to get to them until after the start of september.

as of this point i think i've gone over with at least the first 3 primary drills with about 20 people and after burning up all of my free time in the past 2 days passing it on, i'm tired hehe. basically, i'm now opening it up for those people who have been working with it to share the drills and whatever they have learned from the drills. a lot of these things build heavily upon what i have written in the past as well as varying things done by others such as Dave D and Brad Walker, Beto, etc.

the drills are as follows:
#1 - Fake Grip & Pound the Hammer - teaches how to manipulate the weight shift and momentum of the disc.
#2 - The Sidearm Hammer - teaches a fundamentally sound 250'+ sidearm that is OAT-free in about 3 minutes.
#3 - The Backhand Hammer-In - teaches how to "half hit it" with a backhand throw.

each attempt at #4 has failed to build off of the first 3. but i will summarize them as well:
#4A - Sling the Yo-yo - teaches the feeling of palm ejection. Failure at incorporating timing with the hammer-in.
#4B - The Flip-Back - teaches the feeling of the disc pivot and the "nudge" that initiates it. Failure at incorporating timing with the hammer-in.
#4C - The Lever - teaches the feeling of a high leverage (Swedish-style) throw. Failure at incorporating timing with the hammer-in.

each has something that can be learned but at the same time it isn't "fool proof" like #'s 1-3. everyone i've talked to has been stepped through 1-3, and at least one of the #4's.

After talking with Brad today i have some idea of what to try next. sadly, i know the secret of bridging this gap lies in my understand the bent elbow technique but it isn't as apparent as i would like it to be. this won't be an "official" article until i have all the pieces together. those i've talked to know, while this can take someone to 380', i want 10 minute's worth of drills that will have people throwing 450' after 20 minutes of practice.

my time will be VERY sparse for the next couple of weeks... i'm leaving descriptions/pictures/videos of the techniques up to those i have imparted the knowledge on. i will chime in to elaborate where i can, but let's see what they can come up with.

Interesting stuff.

I bet Bradley or Beto could make a really great video from even just the incomplete technique.

Latest posts