• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Superb Value Bag

Maverick3324

Par Member
Preface: I am a college kid that doesn't have very much money. Before I bought my most recent bag I was using an old backpack to carry my discs.

About a month ago I decided I needed something bigger to carry my discs because 8 discs in my old backpack simply wasn't cutting it. I searched, and searched on eBay because I wanted a lightweight bag that wouldn't cost me a fortune. I came across my black bag (first two pictures). I can comfortably fit 24 discs and a water bottle. I am still very happy with my bag as it only cost me $22 including shipping.

Today, I was browsing my local Walgreens and stumbled upon this blue bag (third picture, obviously it wasn't filled with discs when i stumbled upon it.) I asked myself, what's the difference? (continue to next post, picture limit)

Attachments

• IMG_1135.jpg
    IMG_1135.jpg
    149.3 KB · Views: 244
  • IMG_1136.jpg
    IMG_1136.jpg
    145.8 KB · Views: 204
  • IMG_1137.jpg
    IMG_1137.jpg
    148.3 KB · Views: 345
Well the biggest most obvious difference was the price. $5.99, or $10.00 for 2 of them. I wish I would have found this deal before I bought my $22 bag. You can find these at pretty much any Walgreens and they are the same price. As of right now I have only found 3 differences and to me, none of them are major.

-Blue bag does not have velcro putter pocket on the side it is a fake pocket.
-Blue bag does not have 2 zipper pockets for minis, only 1
-Blue bag does not have rubber shoulder pad on the bag strap (doesn't matter because I have a different strap anyway)

So just a shout out to all you college kids or guys tightening the belt up, this is an extremely cheap solution if you are not looking to drop a lot of money. I have no idea how long the bag will last, but for $5 I am willing to take that chance. Picture included for comparison.

Attachments

• Comparison.jpg
    Comparison.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 262
Not to be a d!€< but I think someone sold you the walgreens bag on eBay for a mark up.

I thought the exact same thing, but after looking at them both, there is no way that they are the exact same bag. They are extremely similar, but different brands. The Walgreens one is quick tote and the other one was Tournament or something like that.

I thought a good bag for less than $30 was a good deal...I guess I am a high roller. Probably not though because my paychecks say DOD on them.

for a poor college kid, you sure got a lot of discs!

Guilty as charged. I definitely caught the bug over the summer and bought a ton of plastic. Thing is, I would rather have the discs to throw than a bag to carry them in, hence my frugality on the topic.

i just ran out and bought one, they had them in grey, pink, and yellow... i got a yellow one but all my discs only fill up half the bag, that just means though i have room for a 6pack. I sold my Innova starter bag to my friend for 10 bucks then bought this for 6, i had 4 bucks left over so i bought my gf a basketball... win, win, win for everyone

this bag is litterally made for disc golf, it has two putter pockets one on either end, and the pocket with the snap fits a marker perfect, I can tell its made cheaply but it will probably last at least a full season...

Guilty as charged. I definitely caught the bug over the summer and bought a ton of plastic. Thing is, I would rather have the discs to throw than a bag to carry them in, hence my frugality on the topic.

If you carry that many discs, if you ever were to try a decent bag with quad straps, you will never look back. That strap dosen't look that comfortable with that many discs.

Ditto what Midnight said, go ahead and get the best value out there, a Fade Tourney bag.

Wow, 6 dollars for a large disc golf bag? Hooray for Communist slave labor. :|

And zenbot, I highly doubt someone is going to spend 35 bucks on a frame when they just bought the entire bag for 6 dollars. Just buy another bag when it wears out, and then another one...and another, and another, and...well, you get the picture. I spent 35 bucks for my Fade Tourney bag, but Quad-shock straps for it cost 45. I still can't bring myself to buy the straps.

I need to check walgreens by me haha, i have been carying my discs around forever with just picking 4 or 5 and using my hands. Then ill need to get like 10 more discs :)

a correction to the second post, their is a pocket on either side that holds a putter, maverick said they were fake, they are real pockets...

a correction to the second post, their is a pocket on either side that holds a putter, maverick said they were fake, they are real pockets...

I think he meant on the outside of those zippered compartments. I stopped by Walgreens on the way home from work and looked at these bags. At a glance it looks like pockets on the outside but the faux 'flaps' are stitched to the bag.

However the zippered compartments on both sides certainly can function as putter pockets.

Last edited:

Latest posts