• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Surviving the 'Chuckers' Stereotype

Good news. A group of thieves in North Dakota were caught stealing a basket and they got caught and arrested.
http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/328136/group/News/

Here's the story:
"FARGO – Two Fargo men and two others from Duluth, Minn., are accused of using a pickup truck to knock over a disc golf goal and haul it away from Trollwood Park on Sunday.

Lt. Joel Vettel said a witness reported the theft at 5:06 p.m. at the park on the 3600 block of Elm Street North.

Officers arrived in the area and pulled over a pickup matching the vehicle description, Vettel said. In the pickup's box, police found the goal, which consists of a post with hanging chains and a basket below to catch the flying disc.

Arrested on suspicion of stolen property possession were Adam John Upton, 21, and Luke Earl Upton, 18, both of Fargo, and Tyler Kevin Morrison, 19, and Matthew James Pikul, 18, both of Duluth.

Morrison and Pikul were also cited for minor in possession, and Pikul is accused of driving under the influence, Vettel said.

All four suspects were taken to the Cass County Jail."

I think the best part about the story, besides they caught the guys, is that they called it a "flying disc" instead of a frisbee. :thmbup:

Good news. A group of thieves in North Dakota were caught stealing a basket and they got caught and arrested.
http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/328136/group/News/

That is absolutely fantastic, but rather depressing at the same time. It doesn't speak well to the state of some of our youth when they run over and steal a basket, throw it in the back of their truck and then proceed to cruise around the same area while also drunk/high.

:doh:

just admit your shame that people look at you funny when they hear that you play disc golf. Because what people hear you say is "I'm a littering, loud, vandal who flings frisbees while frolfing", because of the chuckers stereotype.

If I tell someone I play the last thing I am worried about is that stereotype. Mainly, because the overwhelming response is "wtf is disc golf?"