• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Returning to Disc Golf

Flyguy46

Par Member
Premium Member
Greetings fellow disc chuckers!

I am returning to the world of Disc after a long hiatus. I miss hanging out with the Disc community.

I am returning to Disc Golf as a form 9f Physical Therapy. I broke my ankle twice over the course of a year and have had two surgeries to repair the damage.

I have had a passion for fly fishing but am not allowed on the water for over a year. Because of this, I figure Disc Golf will help me with walking and rehabilitation of my right leg and ankle. I can't drive for awhile but I am willing to get out and try. Short courses to start and more rounds as time goes on.

If you are in the South East part of Denver, CO, hit me up and let's go throw some disc.

Stoked to be back to this amazing sport.

I have been out for about 4 years. Pretty stoked to be back to it soon. Missed 8t alot though.

I have been out for about 4 years. Pretty stoked to be back to it soon. Missed 8t alot though.
Four years isn't all that long. About all that has changed in four years is that there are twice as many people playing now. :|

I am returning to Disc Golf as a form 9f Physical Therapy. I broke my ankle twice over the course of a year and have had two surgeries to repair the damage.

I have had a passion for fly fishing but am not allowed on the water for over a year.

Welcome back, and best wishes for a full recovery!

I had no idea fly fishing was such a dangerous sport.

Hope it works out well for you mind and body!

Sadly, it was carrying my daughter and stepping off a 3 inch sidewalk that started it all. That get the first surgery going.

The second surgery was so much more fun though. Going inner tubing with my wife and kids in Fraser for my birthday.

I am hoping that walking the courses in and around my home area will help me to get back to normal.

Hope it works out well for you mind and body!

You know, I am hoping the same thing. I know it will help the body with the exercise. Now the mind, that might be a different story. Every time a disc goes in the water. Well, that's a different story. But, still worth it.

Four years isn't all that long. About all that has changed in four years is that there are twice as many people playing now. :|

Yeah, you should see what Covid did to the fly fishing population. But, I must admit, I am excited to see the growth of this crazy sport. As long as I have been playing, even with the break.

I remember way back when we didn't have baskets to throw to. The first course I ever played had trees for targets. Eventually, the course was upgraded to concrete posts with a metal sleeve dropped down over the top. The sleeves were painted with different colored stripes. Now, I will say it was super fun to here "The Bell Toll" all the way across the park when someone holed their disc.

You mention that fly fishing exploded too - my father in law just gifted me a fly rod and reel a week ago. Seems like the venn diagram of anglers and discers could be close to a circle before too long

You mention that fly fishing exploded too - my father in law just gifted me a fly rod and reel a week ago. Seems like the venn diagram of anglers and discers could be close to a circle before too long

Yeah, since it is outdoors and all that stuff. Social distancing at it most basic. And lockdown withdrawal.