• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Switching Entirely to Lat64 - Your Recommendations

well if we want to get technical a Flow could be for headwinds depending on what shot you are shaping

Go ahead and use a Flow in a headwind...have fun chasing it down OB.

Maybe he meant that it would be speed stable at the OP's power range, so it would be OK for winds?

Could be true. If that were the case though, i would suggest staying away from the flow alltogether. Maybe go with something slower

^^^sound advice.

Why throw a disc that's not overstable into a headwind based on not being able to get it up to speed? Crazy!

Could be true. If that were the case though, i would suggest staying away from the flow alltogether. Maybe go with something slower

Agree. I can't manage anything that fast. Maybe a XXX, or even a Trident, for headwind duties in an all-Lat bag.

Agree. I can't manage anything that fast. Maybe a XXX, or even a Trident, for headwind duties in an all-Lat bag.

Well, there are possible benefits to be had for someone with 320ish power to throwing a disc like the flow into a headwind. They would be very situation specific imo, but i could see how it would offer them max D, especially if they ant get it upto cruising speed under normal circumstances. I feel there may be a reliability issue here though, as well as the potential to form bad habits form wise by theowing discs that are too fast for your power currently. I think he could get similar results from a saint potentially.

Skip anything faster than a Flow. That won't be for anny drives anyway. It will have some turn but hold up. Go with a Saint and River or River and Vision combo for fairways. Midranges maybe a Pain and Core or Pain and Fuse. Putter is easy, Pure. Opto for driving and a couple baseline for in the circle. Lat bag done. Or get wild and open up Lat64, Westside, and new DD molds since they all come from the same plastic source.

I've thrown an all-Lat bag on several occasions (I do the same for Innova and Discraft from time to time). Here's what I generally roll with in my Innova Standard Bag, although I generally don't throw the drivers. 14 "clubs" just like ball golf.

Drivers (OS>US):
GL Villain 174
GL Blitz 175
GL Halo 175
GL Flow 171

Fairways (OS>US):
Opto XXX 173
GL XXX 177
GL Striker 175
GL Saint 175
GL Vision 175
(I had trouble turning over my River early on, but now that I have learned a bit using the Vision, I would probably put the GL River 175 back in... I would also consider picking up a Striker or Saint in heavier Opto to fill the slot between those and the XXX's)

Midranges (OS>US):
GL Trident 175
GL Pain 175
GL Core 176
GL Fuse 175

Putter:
ZL Pure 176

Go ahead and use a Flow in a headwind...have fun chasing it down OB.

I've thrown a River into a headwind on a number of occasions...and a GL Saint

I agree it's not the right choice if you are looking for straight or hyzer finish

but I said it depends on the shot
and an understable disc like a Flow, Saint, River can be useful in a headwind for a certain line

aim left of the basket
hyzer flip and pop up
track right towards the basket

I agree it's not the right choice if you are looking for straight or hyzer finish

and an understable disc like a Flow, Saint, River can be useful in a headwind for a certain line

aim left of the basket
hyzer flip and pop up

Yep, this is good advice. I tossed a beat pro leopard into a 30 mph headwind (first throw with this disc, as it was my friends), parked it from 330ft. In an open field with headwind, understable discs can still be utilized, just have to know where to release and keep it lower.

aim left of the basket
hyzer flip and pop up

Well, I've had a number of Rivers, and other than a freak overstable heavier Opto, they all would turn and burn in a headwind, even with a hyzer release.

It's not a simple matter of compensating by aiming left and/or adding enough hyzer, hoping that it will track right controllably and land where you want. But the larger question is, why would you want to? Why risk a River into a headwind? There are so many other more stable choices, even in that speed range.

Yep, this is good advice. I tossed a beat pro leopard into a 30 mph headwind (first throw with this disc, as it was my friends), parked it from 330ft. In an open field with headwind, understable discs can still be utilized, just have to know where to release and keep it lower.

30mph headwind and the beat pro Leopard went right where you wanted? Really? I've found that even a 20mph headwind will play havoc with a Pro Leopard. Yikes!

Well, I've had a number of Rivers, and other than a freak overstable heavier Opto, they all would turn and burn in a headwind, even with a hyzer release.

It's not a simple matter of compensating by aiming left and/or adding enough hyzer, hoping that it will track right controllably and land where you want. But the larger question is, why would you want to? Why risk a River into a headwind? There are so many other more stable choices, even in that speed range.

true point, this is why I have Eagles;) (just a comment going back to a previous discussion, Wanderer knows what I am talking about) haha

true point, this is why I have Eagles;) (just a comment going back to a previous discussion, Wanderer knows what I am talking about) haha

Not the Eagle again! LOL

I hear what you and Manu are saying. I just think there are better options...safer options.

That is pretty cool. I've thrown a light weight DX Leopard into a 30 MPH wind and had it turn, burn, roll, and blow back to about 10 feet from where i was standing.

So low and very hyzer might do it?

That is pretty cool. I've thrown a light weight DX Leopard into a 30 MPH wind and had it turn, burn, roll, and blow back to about 10 feet from where i was standing.

So low and very hyzer might do it?

Or it might not. Instead it will probably "turn, burn", and roll 100 ft right of where you're standing, LOL.

Latest posts