• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Switching Entirely to Lat64 - Your Recommendations

twitchlove

Bogey Member
Hey everyone!

Currently, my bag is a mix of Lat64 (15%), Discraft (10%), and Innova (75%). I'd like to switch entirely to Lat64, while keeping my two Buzzes from Discraft, for a plethora of reasons. I built a bag, and I'd like to know what you guys think.

I drive about 325 on courses, regular right hand backhand, and for anyone in the so cal area, shoot around +5 at La Mirada, and around +2 at El Dorado on average, and I've been playing for a little over a year now. I play about 2-4 times a month. Please let me know what you think about the bag I've built below! I would also carry multiples of some discs as they break in. Most of the discs I throw are around 165g.

Purpose - The Disc - Flight Characteristics (Speed Glide Turn Fade)
Main Driver - Havok - 13 5 0 3
Hyzer Bombs - Villain - 12 4 0 4
Anny Driver - Flow - 11 6 -1 2
Fairway Driver - Vision - 8 6 -1 2
Midrange - Buzz
Understable Mid - Fuse - 5 6 -2 1
Putter - Spike - 4 2 -1 2

Let me know what you think and your experiences with these discs! Thanks for your time.

The Havoc might be too much disc for your distance. Consider a Saint as a primary driver.

The Vision will be really flippy and not necessarily great as a workhorse fairway driver. I'd go for a River instead, or pair the vision with a Striker.

I never really understood taking out discs that work for you for loyalty to a brand. Lat discs are nice, but I would really struggle trying to fulfill all the things my various discs do. We all have quirks...some like a small rim, OAT, high end/low end plastic... Why limit your choices. Not meaning to slam the OP, I guess I have not tried the minimalism thing. More of a question than anything else.

Hey everyone!

Currently, my bag is a mix of Lat64 (15%), Discraft (10%), and Innova (75%). I'd like to switch entirely to Lat64, while keeping my two Buzzes from Discraft, for a plethora of reasons. I built a bag, and I'd like to know what you guys think.

I drive about 325 on courses, regular right hand backhand, and for anyone in the so cal area, shoot around +5 at La Mirada, and around +2 at El Dorado on average, and I've been playing for a little over a year now. I play about 2-4 times a month. Please let me know what you think about the bag I've built below! I would also carry multiples of some discs as they break in. Most of the discs I throw are around 165g.

Purpose - The Disc - Flight Characteristics (Speed Glide Turn Fade)
Main Driver - Havok - 13 5 0 3
Hyzer Bombs - Villain - 12 4 0 4
Anny Driver - Flow - 11 6 -1 2
Fairway Driver - Vision - 8 6 -1 2
Midrange - Buzz
Understable Mid - Fuse - 5 6 -2 1
Putter - Spike - 4 2 -1 2

Let me know what you think and your experiences with these discs! Thanks for your time.

Just did the same thing last year, happy to offer my opinions. For referrence though, I'm a RHBH player, and top out D 430-450' so some discs may react differently to me than you.

First things first though, you gotta get your ratings right. Idk where you got them from, but from my experience and research I find these to be more correct:

Havoc: 13; 6; -2; 3
Flow: 11; 6; -1; 3
Villain: 12; 5; 0; 4
Vision: 7; 6; -3; 1

With someone of your D power, I'd highly back you throwing a Flow, but not as an anny driver. That is unless you get yourself a flatter one. You should most def pick up a Saint (9; 7; -1; 2) great for hyzerflips and holding anny lines better than a Flow.
I recomend either a Trident or a XXX (6; 5; 1; 4) for a short range meathook driver/mid. I lean more towards the Trident (5; 4; 0; +2.5). Its a fantastic headwind/FH/spike hyzer disc. I view those both as a hybrid driver in ball golf.
I see you love your Buzzzes, no argument there, but throw a Core (6; 6; -1; 1) with a lil dome, and you'll shelf those Buzzes within a week. Just saying.

You can see what I throw in my signature. If you have any questions about ofther discs, just PM my or something and I'm happy to help. Just remember these important things about Lat64. While discraft and innova have inconsistentcies with dome/no dome, Lat is very straight forward: dome=bit more OS, flat=bit more US qualities. The only disc this doesn't apply to is the Trident, flatter the better. They are also very form/nose sensitive. If you have bad form, or have had things hidden by other discs, you'll find that Lat's discs will really show those issues with form. The plus molding aids in glide, but many find them easy to have slip out of their hands. But with time and practice, you'll never find discs easier to control, glide for miles and flat out wow ppl on the course with how they look. Enjoy whatever you choose to throw.

I never really understood taking out discs that work for you for loyalty to a brand. Lat discs are nice, but I would really struggle trying to fulfill all the things my various discs do. We all have quirks...some like a small rim, OAT, high end/low end plastic... Why limit your choices. Not meaning to slam the OP, I guess I have not tried the minimalism thing. More of a question than anything else.

This ^

Putters: Pure and Spike
Mids: Fuse and Trident (they call it s fairway driver, but it acts like a mid), keep your Buzzz
Fairway: Vision for anny/turnovers, River for hyzerflips and tailwind drives, Saint for straight with some fade
Max D: Flow (get an Opto for more stability, and GL for distance with some turn, Giant (Westside) is better for me than the Villian at the huge hyzer bombs and big headwind drives.

for you with a 325 max:
drivers: Saint & River
mids: Core or Fuse + a Pain
putters: Pure and/or Mercy

The OP never said the other discs were "working" for him!

I did the same thing about 18 months ago, and the only disc that remains now is the Flow. Opto Flows bomb and I could rely on them.

I found the other drivers to be pretty inconsistent. I think the Havoc says "extremely overstable" on the disc, and the ones I had were flippy flippy. I couldn't get into the Pures (as a KC Aviar putter before). I gave it about 3 months, but slowly switched them out.

The Flow remains, I still love the Trident, and I haven't thrown a Saint yet.

I like the experiment though, and I wish you luck. It's fun experimenting like that, and sometimes the challenge of learning and mastering new discs is more fun than strictly using the same bag and focusing on improving "your game." My bag's always in flux for that reason.

Putters: Pure and Spike
Mids: Fuse and Trident (they call it s fairway driver, but it acts like a mid), keep your Buzzz
Fairway: Vision for anny/turnovers, River for hyzerflips and tailwind drives, Saint for straight with some fade
Max D: Flow (get an Opto for more stability, and GL for distance with some turn, Giant (Westside) is better for me than the Villian at the huge hyzer bombs and big headwind drives.
I agree with James recommend except the air halo replaced my Giant which saddened me. I would get a XXX instead of Trident. It powers down nicely and can also be used as a driver as well.

It can actually help the mental game and help in bag building. Having brand continuity can make it easier to choose the right disc for the shot. Particularly for players that struggle to eliminate overlap, dropping to one manufacturer can help eliminate overlap and make disc selection easier.

I'm planning to play around with some bag continuity in the coming year during my casual rounds. These will include all discraft, latitude drivers, discmania drivers, all vibram, and probably many others.

It can actually help the mental game and help in bag building. Having brand continuity can make it easier to choose the right disc for the shot. Particularly for players that struggle to eliminate overlap, dropping to one manufacturer can help eliminate overlap and make disc selection easier.

I'm planning to play around with some bag continuity in the coming year during my casual rounds. These will include all discraft, latitude drivers, discmania drivers, all vibram, and probably many others.

I would argue the biggest argument for brand loyalty is money. It's a lot more cost effective to try one manufacturer than to try every one. No one manufacturer does everything best so you really do yourself a real injustice being loyal unless they're paying you to throw their product.

In the case of Lat, their mold consistency is not really that good considering how few molds they have. It's the reason I stopped throwing Strikers (that and all the HSS they lose as they season) and walked away from Lat altogether for a long time. Even now I really only throw their putters (which are the most consistent style of disc from manufacturer to manufacturer in my opinion).

OP, good luck in your experiment. I hope you find what you're looking for.

I also believe for the distance you are throwing that a Flow would be a good fit for your main distance driver. The Flow probably isn't gonna work for a turnover driver, they just are not that understable. I would say try a Bolt to fit that slot. I would not mess with the Havoc or the Villian, just to much speed for your distance.
Also if you are a Buzzz lover I would definately try a Core. They kicked the Buzzz outta my bag a long time ago. They fly very similar but the Core has more glide.

Gotta have an Opto Pain for pure reliability. Also, like others have said, a Lat bag is not complete without a River. Gold Line is my preference for easy annies, but Opto is good if you want something more stable.

for you with a 325 max:
drivers: Saint & River
mids: Core or Fuse + a Pain
putters: Pure and/or Mercy

I don't quite understand only buying one brand unless you are sponsored by them. Even then, many pros will include discs from sister brands. Innova players carry Discmania. Discraft players carry DGA.

However, if you are going all Lat64, I would echo Keltik's suggestion. Maybe drop in a Flow if it is really windy...for headwind distance drives. Other than that, it's a pretty solid minimalist lineup. I use Saints and Teebirds as my primary drivers and they work well. I also carry a Vision for rollers or really tight anhyzers.

Latest posts