• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Switching to Trilogy

JoshL

Hey everyone. I am switching over to Trilogy and curious on some suggestions

Some background

-Advanced Player
-~450ft of power

I feel comfortable throwing putters up to 300ft on accurate lines, mids around 350ft, fairways to 400ft, distance driver to 440-460 range.

Primarily a backhand player but also flick quite a bit.

Here is what I am currently working with:

Putters
Zero Hard Mercy (Putting)
Gold Line Pure (Understable and straight drivers)
BT Hard Harp (overstable and flick approaches/drives)

Mids
Opto Claymore (hyzer flips and turnovers)
Opto Compass (work horse mid, almost all mid shots)
Lucid Justice (headwind fighter and overstable shots)

Fairways
Gold Line River (hyzer flips, wooded course driver)
Moonshine River (slightly more stable shots)
Fuzion Escape (straight to slight overstable drivers)
Opto Culverin (overstable control drivers)
Lucid Felon (wind fighter, most flicks)

Distance Drivers
Fuzion Defender (Max distance)
Fuzion Enforcer (wind fighter and overstable shots)

Any suggestions or feedback would be appreciated since I'm learning most of these discs still.

For mids- I find the claymore and compass too similar. The Fuse is awesome. More understable than the claymore, great compliment to the compass. A bard is my overstable mid of choice. Justice is more beef than I ever need. I do have a Trident I power down for very OS mid duties, but full power it's still manageable.

A few more to try, that I have really enjoyed- recycled spark: very similar to a teebird- holds a straight line for as much power as you give it with reliable fade- it is a different mold than the optos. It would probably fill the same slot as your escape.

Sword is my favorite distance driver, trespass is a close second. Scythe is my wind-disc. XXX for extreme OS.

Those are the same three putters I carry.

First thing to do is change your profile picture

Then, pick up a verdict. Less OS than a Justice but not a compass stable.

I throw Saint, Jade, Vision, River, Claymore, Verdict, Spike and love all of them. Verdict has, of late, become my favorite mid, as it has a very dependable fade, is good in the wind, and feels great in the hand. I switched putters from the Judge to the Spike and it has done me a world of good. I don't throw Trilogy exclusively but it does make up a large portion of my bag.

For mids- I find the claymore and compass too similar. The Fuse is awesome. More understable than the claymore, great compliment to the compass. A bard is my overstable mid of choice. Justice is more beef than I ever need. I do have a Trident I power down for very OS mid duties, but full power it's still manageable.

What he said. I don't have nearly your power, but the Compass and Claymore are nearly identical, I think the Compass just has a slightly higher shoulder to it that keeps it a bit straighter. Swap the Claymore with a max weight Opto Fuse and you'll have a winning combo.

As far as the fuse goes. I can't stand the way that disc feels. Maybe a warrant might be better.

To me the difference between the claymore and compass is purely the HSS of the disc. Third with a touch of hyzer the claymore will flip up where the compass will just hold the line. They both have a dependable finish.

Have not decided between the compass and truth but I'm not a fan of how the dynamic discs midranges feel like driver with their sharper than average midrange rim. Probably why I like the claymore and compass more.

As of right now this is my list:

Hard Mercys (can't see this changing, I love the way those feels for putting)
GL Pure (has been phenomenal for straight and turnover approaches)
Hard Harp (super good my the flick approach game, haven't decided about the plastic type yet)

Claymore (same dependable finish as the compass but has the ability to flip up first for the tight woods tunnel shots)
Compass (all around great mid and don't see this changing)

GL River (been good for long hyzer flips through the woods, shorter range escape)

Lucid Escape (amazing hyzer flip straight driver or flat to s-curve style driver where you don't want the strong finish of a defender or enforcer)
Opto Culverin (really liking this disc for controlled shots that won't turn over
Lucid Felon (pretty much used reclusive my for sidearms and the occasional overhand)

Fuzion Defender (probably my go to long range driver for ****s over 400, dependable)
Lucid Enforcer (headwind driver, haven't decided on Fuzion vs lucid)

Stuff I'm looking at trying out:
TP or Hard Shield (hoping for an overstable approach disc that feels better for backhands then the harp)

Evidence and warrant (for a hyzer flip to no finish style disc for tight woods)

Latest posts