• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Tag questions, where, what, why?

jdw80550

* Ace Member *
I'm starting a new club and my buddy and I are going to be ordering tags. Since this is a brand new club and we will be footing the bill ourselves initially I don't want to go crazy. So here's a few questions I have:
  1. Where do different clubs order tags from? We were looking at disc diva.
  2. What to people like better aluminum, wood, plastic, homemade, etc
  3. How much would you pay for a tag?
  4. Anything else to consider?

I would really like to do shirts or discs to go with the tags, but unfortunately that is going to be impossible this first year. We are looking at doing discs or shirts at our fall tourney after we have raised extra money.

Thanks for the help!

you can order them from a ton of places online.

if I was footing the bill I would havr it made however I wanted it to be made.

depending on the quality of the tag, anywhere from $10-$25

don't make it too big.

How do plastic ones hold up? Are they pretty thick plastic?

I was thinking about selling tags for $15 a piece, this would give us enough profit (I hope) to buy discs for the fall tourney.

Is there anything I should stay away from?

plastic id cards are good and will last. the only thing I can say is that they are about a half inch too big on either side. $15 is a fair price.
you can even make bag tags o of cards or dominos or anything that has numbers on it. or you can even have a trinket and put a number on it yourself. those ones are always the most creative and I like them the best.

they are numbered. but they only go so high, so you have to have multiple classes of the dominoes to show rank if you are going to have a lot of people with tags. color them or give them rank names. or whatever you want.

If you're looking for even cheaper options, there are usually companies around you that will do that sorta stuff. For our club we just went to a local place called Granger, and all they are is little pieces of brass or copper or something, with a number imprinted and a hole punched out for you to hook it onto something. They were super cheap, and we did $5 a piece on them just to raise some club funds.

If you want something super cheap, there are always keychain type things you can buy that you can print out stuff to go inside. Instead of a keychain with an ID tag, take the ID tag out and put a number tag in.

I still say spend ten bucks on some dominoes and make the tags $10 each. that should be able to get your club on its feet.

If any of the people participating in the bag tag challenge are professionals, hit them up to see if they have any promotional items to use. For example the person who started up the bag tag that I am part of works at a chiropracters office. He had access to spine key chains, and wrote the name of the club, and the tag number on the spine. It was a keychain kind of like this:
http://www.purespadirect.com/Key-Chain-Spine-883-0001-p/vw-129966.htm

I thought that was much more interesting than the usual flat tag with club/design/number.

Ok, dumb question. What are tags for?

Do players get them for scoring well, or having the best round? I don't play leagues ever, so I'm clueless when it comes to tags.

Ok, dumb question. What are tags for?

Do players get them for scoring well, or having the best round? I don't play leagues ever, so I'm clueless when it comes to tags.

just so you socialize and make friends on the course. if you didnt have tags to challenge people for then you wouhhldnt meet and play witB-) as many people and might miss out on a lot of solid friendships, or some good aqaintences.

the challenge objective is to end up with the nunber one tag. you challenge people with a higher number than you and whoever gets the better score gets the lower number tag.

find people on the course that have bag tags . danglinget from their bag an ask them how do you purchase one and who is the one selling them.

Last edited:

Latest posts