• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Taking my head out of it...

WillACarpenter

* Ace Member *
So I was trying to learn one driver really well, so I used my XL. It was going great...until I pitched the thing into a water hazard from which there is no return. (need to buy a disc diver) So I've been playing on the "am" tee on that shot. I'm afraid of the stupid pond now.

So I'm taking my head out of the equation. I bought some really beat plastics on eBay. I just don't really care if I lose a disc I paid $1.37 for. Water trap, here we come!

\/\/

I hope you are familiar with the hyzer flip. Or at least that's how I handle water.

1. Buy crazy beat disc for cheap
2. Throw with wing at 45-60 degree angle
3. ???
4. Profit!

X outs are also really good for water hazard holes, but not THAT cheap, but people also are happier to get a miss-stamp as a loaner over a beat disc if you ever take new people out, but I think for the water hazard holes, I think I like your idea better.

Disc diver is a must have if you ever play around any kind of water IMO

the problem is this is a BIG hazard with DEEP DARK WATER. So If I had a way to put like 10 disc divers side by side on a giant rake device... I could make some Dger's REALLY HAPPY. Myself Included. That XL was JUST getting aged a bit.

\/\/

Just start tossing it in and pulling it across. Never know what you might find.

I am having a similar problem at a local course. There are 2 large trees about 10' from the tee box that give about a 7' opening before it opens up. No joke, I have had this hole mastered for years. a little anny, a little fade around the last tree, welcome to birdie city. But the past 3-4 rounds there I have been smashing those first trees! Now when I step up to tee they're all I can think about. I know it's all mental, but that doesn't seem to help. :mad:

Water is scarry if you throw discs that you are attached to. The cheap beat discs are the way to go until you loose that connection with all your discs. I was at the Colorado States this past weekend and Beaver Meadows has a lot of water. I pulled out a beat disc on hole 10 threw a hyzer flip and parked it. Watched every member of my group throw at least one disc into the water. On another note about that, during the Pro final 9 the last hole was this downhill carry over water, with the guys guessing the carry was 600 to 700 feet. Only three of the four guys went for it and they all pulled out a Boss and then proceeded to talk to their discs saying, you have been a good Boss and I am going to miss you. Talk about lack of attachment. Funny thing is none of them lost their discs as the only one of the three to go in the water skipped it up right near the shore. Only one guy made the big carry with the third guy hitting a patch of land on the left side of the lake.

I hope you are familiar with the hyzer flip. Or at least that's how I handle water.

1. Buy crazy beat disc for cheap
2. Throw with wing at 45-60 degree angle
3. ???
4. Profit!

I know that 1-4 is from southpark but it is used extensively on NCSU's forum, are you on tww?

As for water, I but x-outs, I have a banshee, an eagle and I plan on buying a sidewinder. Depending on the type of throw on that particular hole.

I was at the Colorado States this past weekend and Beaver Meadows has a lot of water.

I know what you mean about Beaver Meadows. The only time I played it I threw big anhyzers with my Champ Valk on 1 and 10 to be safe.

Conservative golfing got old though and by the time I hit 18 I was ready to try and park a water shot rather than laying up.

I went straight at the pin with a Z Buzzz (a really nice I-dye) and landed 10 feet from the pin, right on the isthmus.

It felt good at the time but if I would have lost that disc to the creek or the lake I would not have been happy.

Still have yet to hit water while playing but the courses up here in the mountains don't exactly offer much in the way of hazards.

I'm sure my day will come though...

Latest posts