• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Talk me out of a Voodoo Mojo

spahnandsain

Birdie Member
All feedback is appreciated and I have searched several other threads on the topic just making sure that I am missing anything. I have a Mahal which I love, I just want something smaller 8-14 disc BUT it has to be well made. There are a lot of smailer bag but they are just so cheaply made.

I really think I am going to get a vodoo mojo, it's made well and the right size. I have also considered a gorilla boy silverback (but don't like the look as good). The Revo Carolina Team bag is my favorite but just too big (might as well roll with the mahal). I considered the Revo mini but I don't like that it doesn't have a putter pocket on the outside (or does it? I see a place but I think its for score cards or something).

While we are on the subject, who makes the best straps? Phoenix? The innova ones are too thin.

Appreciate your help in advance. :hfive:

Edit: found this. Looks like revo putter pocket may be a problem
http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52578

Last edited:
Voodoo Mojo is rad. I wanted one when I went looking for a small bag to leave in my trunk (full of JLSs and Classic Rocs) Good luck actually finding one.

I settled on a Gorilla Boy Spider Monkey and it has exceeded my expectations in every way.

Either one will be a GREAT bag.

I loved my Mojo when I had it, with the only complaint being how it rode on my back with Phenix quad straps. I've got a longer torso, so it was probably just me, but the bag was never completely comfortable.

That said, the storage, organization, materials quality, fit and finish are all top notch on it. It's an awesome "smaller" bag for sure.

I don't get why you need quads with 12 discs and a couple beers. Although I will admit the Mojo is a little bigger than my Spider Monkey (I carry 10-11 discs, a water bottle, and a couple beers in it).

I think they are actually available now.

But honestly, for that amount of money, I'd start to look for a backpack. unless you like a quad setup. You'd probably be happier in the long run.

^Thanks for the help guys! I am a shorty so won't have trouble with the "long torso". Looks like the silverback is 15-17 discs, which is probably too much. Where are the stupid putter pockets on the deluxe mini? All the images I can find only have discs inside.

Keep the advice coming.

Thanks, I already have a backpack with the Mahal. I am moving to an area with a short, wooded, 18 hole course but I don't think I'll be able to throw anything longer than a Leo / Valk and didn't want to always carry my Mahal.

When you guys say "quad" or "quad setup", you mean a bag that comes with a shoulder strap but you put backpack straps on it, right?

I've only every had innova and fade straps, any suggestions on comfortable straps (like are on my Mahal)?

I think it's down to the Mojo Vs. Revo Mini deluxe just because of the size and number of discs.

FWIW can't say anything but good stuff about my wife's fade crunch box, just want something more substantial / better material.

I would never try to talk anyone out of a Mojo. I love mine. The size is perfect, the materials are top notch, and the build quality is great.

I don't think you can get a better bag. I'm sure there are equals, but none better!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Mojo is very good. I've had mine for over three years and play about three times a week. Less when it's below freezing. No holes, no loose seams. No failures at all really other than superficial things like some of the Velcro on the inside pockets need re-stitched. I probably won't because the Velcro is unnecessary anyway. The mesh pockets have gotten a little fuzzy but have not failed. I fit 17 discs in the main compartment. I leave the front to back plastic insert in and leave all the dividers out. If it gets muddy I throw it in the washer on delicate. Comes out looking new again. Great bag.

Complaints? I would like a rain fly. I wish they offered one. They could probably make it cheaper too. I really don't need flaps with Velcro on every inside pocket. That would shave a dollar or two off.

I will talk you out of their Straight-Jackets, though. I use their Straight-Jackets for a quad strap set up. They have failed a couple times. I just get them restitched at a local shop for $5. I think they have some design problems, but work well enough for me. They have a premium price because they have "premium" features. Cell phone pocket that doesn't fit a smart phone. An mp3 player pocket with an ear bud pass through. A towel ring. I don't use any of these features. I wouldn't recommend them because of the price on top of the issues I've had. Mojo I highly recommend, though.

Had a Mojo, love the way it is made. Hate the way the drink holders sag when it has a drink in it. Sold it and got a Silverback, best bag I have ever owned. I also have a Mahal.

A Fade Crunch Box is a great economical alternative to the Mojo. Can fit around 12 in the main pocket and 2 in the putter pocket. Good size side pocket for keys, wallet, snacks, speaker, etc. Can also attach backpack straps, which I prefer.

A Fade Crunch Box is a great economical alternative to the Mojo. Can fit around 12 in the main pocket and 2 in the putter pocket. Good size side pocket for keys, wallet, snacks, speaker, etc. Can also attach backpack straps, which I prefer.

I think the Crunch is more similar to the VooDoo Juju. About the same size and configuration. I find the Mojo to be a lot better for carrying a) more discs and b) more other stuff.

BTW, I have all three. I started with the Crunch several years ago. It's now my glow bag. I went up to a Mojo with Quads, which is my main bag. I liked the quality of the Mojo so much that I picked up a Juju for more casual rounds.

The quality of the VooDoo bags is way ahead of the Fade Gear. But, they were also much more expensive.

I think the Crunch is more similar to the VooDoo Juju. About the same size and configuration. I find the Mojo to be a lot better for carrying a) more discs and b) more other stuff.

BTW, I have all three. I started with the Crunch several years ago. It's now my glow bag. I went up to a Mojo with Quads, which is my main bag. I liked the quality of the Mojo so much that I picked up a Juju for more casual rounds.

The quality of the VooDoo bags is way ahead of the Fade Gear. But, they were also much more expensive.

Yessir, I guess my emphasis is on the economical advantage for the Crunch Box then :hfive:

Thanks for all the info from everyone. I appreciate the different opinions and thanks Johnny crunch, I didn't know about the drink holders.

I called phoenix quads today and they are definitely OOP. The guy was nice and suggested the DD straps because they were made by OGIO and said they were the closest thing to Phoenix quads.

Upper Park Designs Shift or Focus?

Shift seems like same amount of disc storage as a Mojo (owned a Mojo a few years back, seen a Shift in person), not quite as much other storage but still some room to hold stuff

Focus might be too small

The focus literally has to be laid on the ground... I don't get it. It's alright on a treepads with teesigns if they have bag hooks, but what about the fairway and putting green?

Better off sticking to the Voodoo

Having seen a few different Voodoo bags, the fit and finish is fantastic. Years ago, I went with the Gorilla Boy Squirrel Monkey and still absolutely love it. Had Voodoo been in business at the time my decision wouldn't have been so easy. I don't think you'll be disappointed.

The Revo Mini has putter pockets on the sides.

Kind of a weird design as it can be "pinched" if you put a lot of discs inside.

I've seen them in person and they look like a great small design, but honestly I would go with the Gorilla Boy Spider Monkey.

It's an awesome small bag and well built.

If you're going to go with quad straps, go to your nearest big box hardware store and get some 4 point hook up tool belt straps. They're nearly the same thing as the quad shock straps and you'll pay half the price.

Those bags seem comparable in quality and features. But one costs more than twice the amount as the other, and the other takes 6 months to get... It's a dilemma of sorts

Latest posts