• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] talk to me about the latitude plastic

colodiscgolfer

Eagle Member
So I had my first run in with the latitude plastic today. I won a latitude opto line core in a ring of fire. I really dig the feel of this plastic, but I am very happy with my current lineup of mid range discs so I put this one up for trade in the marketplace.

I have more mids I like than I can shake a polecat at right now.

I'm thinking of trying one of their fairway drivers though based on how much I like how this plastic feels. Just looking for other thoughts from folks that have more input on their opto line plastic.

Just bought my first latitude yesterday. I love the opto plastic. Feels awesome.

Picked up a Trident. Wicked little overstable bitch, but exactly what I need.

I'm thinking of picking up a Striker next.

I've been using an Opto Line Vision for a few months and that plastic is freakin awesome. It holds up fantastically to wear and the grip is great. The only time I don't like it is when it gets wet but that true for basically every plastic blend for me. Soaks up and holds dye just as well any other premium plastic too.

Opto line is their best plastic, but the Core (and some of their other mids) will feel gummy, while all of their drivers that I've tried are have very firm plastic.

Opto line is their best plastic, but the Core (and some of their other mids) will feel gummy, while all of their drivers that I've tried are have very firm plastic.

They are hard, but still gummier than Champion.

I am a huge fan of this company and throw many of their discs.

The Opto Line is the closest thing I've seen to the old Innova CE plastic. This stuff can take a hell of a beating and hardly marks up.

The Grip Line is like Innova Pro Plastic, but a little more gummy than that. It is not overly durable which alows it to get beat in quickly and become less stable than the day you bought it.

The Zero Line is soft and gummy. Perfect for putters!

Hands down, OPTO ROCKS!

I have driven a grip line medius across an OB concrete walking path, had it skid several feet and then take back to the sky and go in bounds and come back with barely a scratch. I have done this with a Pro Gazelle and came back with a square edge.

I really don't think there is something on the market that can be compared to grip line...if you have to innova-ize it maybe a mix of star and pro?

I won a few in the ring of fire this weekend. I like the putter I won, caled a sinus I think? It has little grippy thumbspots on the top of it. I also got a driver really domey couldn't figure out how to throw it this weekend but i will give a few more shots. So far I really like this company

I love my Optoline Vision. It is my Ace disc so how can you not love it. The plastic is clear, a little flexible, but super super durable. I really recommend throwing Lat 64

I won a few in the ring of fire this weekend. I like the putter I won, caled a sinus I think? It has little grippy thumbspots on the top of it. I also got a driver really domey couldn't figure out how to throw it this weekend but i will give a few more shots. So far I really like this company

You won ROF four times...bagger...

Sinus is a great forehand mid/putter. I use it like I used my classic roc but you don't have to be gentle with it!

I must say based on looking for one(never thrown them) but I think the opto line would be a bit tough to find since it's so darn clear. Or at least it would be a bit more trouble to find.

I must say based on looking for one(never thrown them) but I think the opto line would be a bit tough to find since it's so darn clear. Or at least it would be a bit more trouble to find.

I agree those clear ones are tough to find. I'm not sure why they don't use more colors on the drivers, they seem to always run clear with not much color added. My Opto Line Core in sparkle yellow is much easier to find.

They said they were working on more colors including a florescent style color.

BTW though, I have never had a problem finding mine, I have a clear striker with a gold stamp and the gold reflects light really well.

I agree those clear ones are tough to find. I'm not sure why they don't use more colors on the drivers, they seem to always run clear with not much color added. My Opto Line Core in sparkle yellow is much easier to find.

I could get the vision in sparkle but I don't find it worth the extra money and I'm not completely sure but it may overlap my roadrunner. Plus I don't really have a hole in my bag that needs filling so no point for me.

They said they were working on more colors including a florescent style color.

BTW though, I have never had a problem finding mine, I have a clear striker with a gold stamp and the gold reflects light really well.

Nice. Also I wasn't saying they wouldn't be found but with how clear it is and the blan colors I've seen at my shop it doesn't seem like they would be as easy as most other company's clear plastic's colors.

Also where did you hear about them working on more colors?

The guys at L64 post in a thread on DGR, it was mentioned there.

Opto plastic rocks! My longest drive is with my Vision, which I don't feel is quite as understable as many say. I feel it is between a Valk and a Sidewinder, though I have limited experience with Sidewinders.

I've had the Striker in the bag for a few months, and it is a great disc. I am currently auditioning an OLF as a possible replacement for it because the Striker doesn't handle headwinds very well.

I have a Trident, and I've seen the mold thrown well by others, but it is a slow meathook for my arm. I like to throw mostly from a hyzer release so I'm sure that isn't helping. It has a very comfortable grip for backhand, forehand, and thumbers.

PS Thanks for the trade!