• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Team Disc Mobile

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course, some of you might have thought if Solavei is a pyramid scheme. It's obviously that you have never been in MLM business before or you ever know what pyramid scheme really is.

Even there was a distinction (and in my opinion there really isn't) MLM's are a bad business model. Legit businesses make money selling a service or product. MLM's use a service or product as grease to sell the real product, which is more distributorships.

I've been familiar with few MLM businesses such as World Ventures, USANA, Seacret and others since 2005. You know which is the biggest MLM business out there? It's Avon, I am sure many of guys have heard of it.
Yes, I have, and even though they sell a legit product, its still a bad business model.

http://smallbusiness.yahoo.com/advisor/answers/small-business-20080920180603AAWS8W1.html

Here the links that you might understand the difference between MLM business and pyramid scheme.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pyramid_scheme

A pyramid scheme is a non-sustainable business model that involves promising participants payment or services, primarily for enrolling other people into the scheme, rather than supplying any real investment or sale of products or services to the public.

Hmm, sounds just like every MLM that I've ever seen pitched.

I started thinking about a big picture as what if Solavei can turn the disc golf community into something bigger. Once people start to make good income from it, it might help them to travel any farther to disc golf major tournaments and start to pull in the bigger audience as it helps to empower the disc golf community growing pace faster.

Said like a true and tried MLM sheep.

But it's only up to everyone and thinks what they really want….pay their own phone service and get nothing in the return or pay $49 flat a month for unlimited service and earn income from it. But everyone needs to look at a big picture here. This business is still new, launched recently in August.

The model under which the business operates is nothing new. Its the same stupid sales pitch wrapped up in new packaging.

Currently, the number of Solavei members are around 115,000 so this business is still new and there are still 300 millions of people out there haven't heard about Solavei.
Which just means enough time hasn't passed yet for the ugly side of the business to show itself. Which it will.

Why does everyone want this to go into the landfill? Why try and hide this? People need to see it so they can educate themselves.

I have had people who I considered friends try and get me into MLM before and my bullsh!t meter was going off the charts...this was before I knew what MLM was. However, their pitch was quite good and I genuinely believe that THEY believe what they were saying. It is easy to get sucked into something like this if you aren't a critical thinker.

I hope Nikko was just sucked into this and truly believes deep down that this can benefit the sport. Unfortunately, I don't buy it and it looks like he is trying to get his fans to pay him.

Another fan lost.

I was never a fan of Nikko but I can respect his talent. I was tired of seeing him throw petulant tantrums when I would see him play. But this just takes the cake.

It's okay if you guys don't want to get involved in something that it's not for you. Good to see some of you guys got some education out of MLM business from me. I'm sure few of your spouses here are involved in Avon business, am I right?

Nikko isn't kind of person that he try to take advantage of their fans for lure them into this business. He, by himself, believes in this business and he just want to show it to the people out there. He's the ambassador who go out there and promote the disc golf sports to kids in high school and such, just unlike the bunch of you guys here who have nothing better to do, just sit down and stare at the computer screen trying to find something to bash at. We all know it means that your life is miserable. You wouldn't be here to bash on if you are happy with your life. =)

Just don't forget that Nikko did really lot of good things that brought to disc golf sports.

Just read this success quote, best example. "A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him." - David Brinkley

It's okay if you guys don't want to get involved in something that it's not for you. Good to see some of you guys got some education out of MLM business from me. I'm sure few of your spouses here are involved in Avon business, am I right?

Nikko isn't kind of person that he try to take advantage of their fans for lure them into this business. He, by himself, believes in this business and he just want to show it to the people out there. He's the ambassador who go out there and promote the disc golf sports to kids in high school and such, just unlike the bunch of you guys here who have nothing better to do, just sit down and stare at the computer screen trying to find something to bash at. We all know it means that your life is miserable. You wouldn't be here to bash on if you are happy with your life. =)

Just don't forget that Nikko did really lot of good things that brought to disc golf sports.

Just read this success quote, best example. "A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him." - David Brinkley

And you're doing an awfully good job at being a brick thrower, while in the process gaining no followers for your investment.

Frustrating sometimes.

We all have our own conflict of interest. For starters, I like the Chicago Cubs. I throw DGA discs. I think College blows when you're in your 30's. I cant imagine how people older than me survive college. Kudos to them!!

I've met and played with both Nikko and Ryan.
They wear their heart on their sleeves.
They are great to get along with.
Ryan has a lot to share. Nikko works hard at his sport.
I am reminded of all those days where Nikko would bum a ride and use the disc golf course as a "daycare" keeping him out of trouble during his early teenage years. Now that's some passion. Fwiw, I still couldnt beat Nikko then.

As people, they are great!

As for this t-mobile V plan, well.. I think it's been said.

Best of luck on deciding.

:sick::gross::doh::wall:

This is Nikko Locastro speaking now no need to bad mouth me or any of my ideas. I will present to you the facts and thats all I want to do with this post. I stay in Winfield Missouri and my moms phone bill was $250.00 just for the land line. Her boyfriend Jesse Hamby pays 150.00 per month for ATT. My sister just got a phone for 60 per month. My brother is asking me to buy him a phone for his birthday. All together this is over 450.00 per month just in phone bills. We are all switching to Solavei this month which will save this household a good amount of money. If you want to talk about people that are taking advantage of others talk to Verizon, ATT and other phone companies. Your inquires of this and that mean very little to me personally I take no amount of disrespect because we all have our opinions. To dog me for trying something NEW that should save everybody a little money or a lot of money is beyond me. Please keep your opinions of me personally to yourself out of respect for someone that respects you. It looks like people like to talk this is just nature of the beast so its all good. Presenting you cold hard facts will hopefully put this project in perspective for you. This is by no means a get rich quick scheme or anything negative at all. If you are content with paying too much for your phone bill why trash talk someone or a service that will put money back into your pocket. I really am having a hard time understanding why people would ever talk bad about me personally. People ask how does this relate to disc golf? If you are truly passionate about growing disc golf you can take the extra money you save every month and do something positive for you local Disc Golf community. You can buy discs give them away to friends, save up a little and donate a basket to a local school like I have, work with others to create an impact...... The list goes on think outside the box and open your mind. I have heard of MLM before but have you ever ran across a service or opportunity that can help almost everybody you run into save money ? We live in a free interprise system where opportunity is endless for success. I see some of these messages above that make me think some people should spend more time practicing and less time talking ****. Please do me a favor and keep my name far away from disrespectful messages that are hiding on a message board. If you have anything to say to me or would like to discuss things I am very open for your opinion or adult conversation. 3147503800 open to talk with you anytime day or night. It is rude and disrespectful to talk bad about somebody you know nothing about. Not only am I a disc golfer but I am a family man, business man and opportunist. If you knew half of the things I have been through as a person maybe you would man up give me a call and really tell me how you feel about me instead of bashing someone that would most likely do anything in the world for you. I'm a nice guy and I show everyone I run into full respect as individuals. Please do not take offense to this just wanted to clear things up. I hope all of you have a nice day, and a profitable New Year. My number is in this post if you wanted to dis me I'm here all day every day.

If I remember correct there was a similar reaction when we got the PDGA benefit of Advocare products.

MLM promotion strategy #13. When bombarded with a ton of logic and reason of why your system doesn't work, keep talking in fluffy abstracts about how great it is and how great everyone involved in it is. Cite a success quote (that was probably never stated in the first place with MLM businesses in mind) that is every bit as fluffy and abstract as your reasoning if necessary. This way you look like the shining optimistic soul with entrepreneuralial spirit and everyone criticizing you is just a hater.

Nikko, you are digging yourself into a hole now.

No one wants to call and talk to you in person about this, we don't have a strong enough interest in this to make it that personal. We are just observers commenting on what is perceived (correctly) to be a deceiptful practice occuring, and are doing so on a public forum that you are free to post on as well. There is no hiding going on here.

This is an MLM scam, and if you truly believe in your heart you are helping people you need to research MLM, not have us ask you more questions so you can provide the sales pitch you have been trained to provide.

The reason people are talking crap about you is because this was supposed to be an "expansion" project for the sport, and all it really is is you and others trying to make money off of your fans and doing it under the guise of 'reinvesting' all this newfound wealth we will have into the sport if we so choose. If it was truly just about saving money on your monthly phone bill, you wouldn't be going to these lengths to get others to join. This is not questioning you morality or anything like that, it is questioning your demonstrated actions.

O yea happablab I have a few worlds to say but would rather keep it simple and classy. "I still love you man just feel bad that this is what you do with your time."

O yea happablab I have a few worlds to say but would rather keep it simple and classy. "I still love you man just feel bad that this is what you do with your time."

Wow. I apologize for offending you by saying that I respect your talent for disc golf. I stated that I find your tantrums on the course tiresome for the reason of conversation. It is definitely not just you, I see it around locally and when I watch some tournaments online or on DVDs. I understand that you are passionate about the game and you obviously are highly competitive, but I am puzzled on why you would call me out. Is this the first time you have been on this forum or any other forum?

I am just questioning the motives and business model of this company as are others who have posted in this thread.

Also, if this is a troll...:clap:

Also, if this is a troll...:clap:

I'm really hoping it is a troll as the user name doesn't mean what I think the user meant.

"throwmorethenyoutalk" translates to "Throw More and after that you talk"

then and than are really two completely different concepts.

:)

Last edited:
THROWMORETHENYOUTALK, aka Nikko (I'll asume it's really you). You need to get in touch with TimG the admin for this site. He's got a thing he can put on your account if he can verify it's you, gives you more credibility. We've got McBeth and some others on here, He can tag you as verified as well.

I agree, get verified.
Also, im not ready to dismiss you or this idea, but knowing its you, and answering some questions would be a good start. Hopefully we could get you a stickied thread and keep the questions civil and the answers specific and truthful, and try and keep the trolling from posters here and your hippy, good vibes, peace be with you responses to a minimum

He's the ambassador who go out there and promote the disc golf sports to kids in high school and such, just unlike the bunch of you guys here who have nothing better to do, just sit down and stare at the computer screen trying to find something to bash at. We all know it means that your life is miserable. You wouldn't be here to bash on if you are happy with your life. =)

Thanks for helping grow the Disc Golf community! I guess we were VIP's when you were making your MLM pitch, but now that we are not interested in the scheme you have opted to show your true colors.

Thanks for the brick, should come in handy.. :wall:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts