• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Team Trilogy

Well the people that started it represented 2 of 3 companies

Good point, sorry about that, I was thinking along the lines of employees/owners etc. My bad. I guess what I meant was this didn't come about from a board room meeting type situation.

Last edited:
I know a couple people locally that fit the "Trilogy is the greatest company ever and there's no way I'm trying anything else" mold. Just because you don't subscribe to that theory doesn't mean this little club isn't making others (I'd wager most in the club) put the blinders on to all other companies.

Hang around the fan club sites on FB and you'll agree that there's just a slight level of cult-ish behavior in it all. I know of one guy locally that's especially annoying, but I'm pretty sure he's jockeying for a full sponsorship.

It happens. I've noticed it as well. Same with MVP to an extent though.

Sure some of you already had all LAT bags. What I'm talking about when I say that,"people have to "buy" their way on to the team", I'm talking about the kids that buy all Trogy plastic because they think its going to get them somewhere.

They aren't doing it for comraderie or fun. They're doing it because they want to get sponsored. They're trying to exploit it for their gain.

Sure some of you already had all LAT bags. What I'm talking about when I say that,"people have to "buy" their way on to the team", I'm talking about the kids that buy all Trogy plastic because they think its going to get them somewhere.

They aren't doing it for comraderie or fun. They're doing it because they want to get sponsored. They're trying to exploit it for their gain.

People don't "have" to do anything. Maybe "people choose to "buy" their way on to the team", but we're not forcing anyone to do anything; in fact we actively discourage that motivation.

But with MVP it's not organized or rammed down your throat the way this is. You don't see a lot of "help me go to an all MVP bag" threads, and even MVP's biggest supporter/promoter on here admits to throwing and loving other molds. Frankly I want to support MVP and Discraft discs (I'm a native Michigander), but there are some slots neither company can currently fill, and I wont' compromise MY game without a better reason than the fact that I'd prefer to buy from a Michigan company. And to be frank, I'm not sure I could play well with an all MVP or Discraft bag. I like MVP's fairway lineup but they don't have mids I love. Just the opposite with Discraft. They have the best mids in the game, but I don't click with their drivers as well as Innova or MVP.

I've come off very aggressively in this thread, and it's because I really hate seeing what seems to me like an attempt to brainwash newer players into restricting themselves to one company's products (and say what you like, but in the end Lat64 molds all the discs). Call me a grumpy old man if you like, but I really hope this fad dies sooner rather than later.

People don't "have" to do anything. Maybe "people choose to "buy" their way on to the team", but we're not forcing anyone to do anything; in fact we actively discourage that motivation.
Uh, yeah..... With the discounts, and asking "team players" to acknowledge Team Toolagy and tell everyone how awesome their discs were flying in the woods and all. I'm sure this isn't an attempt to sell more discs by convincing players that they're quasi-sponsered. :rolleyes::rolleyes: Sorry Dusty, but looking in from the outside it just doesn't add up.

I understand they don't have to. I'm not against the idea of "Team Trilogy".

However it might give young impressionable kids false hope that they will be Factory sponsored by LAT eventually.

That and I've heard kids bragging about being on "Team Trilogy". Which isn't necessarily your fault. Just kids being kids.

But with MVP it's not organized or rammed down your throat the way this is. You don't see a lot of "help me go to an all MVP bag" threads, and even MVP's biggest supporter/promoter on here admits to throwing and loving other molds. Frankly I want to support MVP and Discraft discs (I'm a native Michigander), but there are some slots neither company can currently fill, and I wont' compromise MY game without a better reason than the fact that I'd prefer to buy from a Michigan company. And to be frank, I'm not sure I could play well with an all MVP or Discraft bag. I like MVP's fairway lineup but they don't have mids I love. Just the opposite with Discraft. They have the best mids in the game, but I don't click with their drivers as well as Innova or MVP.

I've come off very aggressively in this thread, and it's because I really hate seeing what seems to me like an attempt to brainwash newer players into restricting themselves to one company's products (and say what you like, but in the end Lat64 molds all the discs). Call me a grumpy old man if you like, but I really hope this fad dies sooner rather than later.

:clap::clap::clap: I only throw all MVP for funsies and to piss off DGCR up-tights. I threw Latitude discs back when some guy ran the FB page and all 400 of us liked it :| I bagged ALL their discs (they had like 10 if that) and no others lol. Didn't get free **** or anything just tried them out and look what happened to latitude.

I am such a hater and just spout BS all day.. OH WAIT THE PUTTER I USED BEFORE SOOOOO MANY PEOPLE IS NOW ONE OF THE MOST POPULAR ON THE MARKET FOR DRIVING. #winning

Pure and spike kill all latitude discs. (I think mikeC is all MVP now too FYI but no one who throws MVP doesn't like other discs lol)

Last edited:
I understand they don't have to. I'm not against the idea of "Team Trilogy".

However it might give young impressionable kids false hope that they will be Factory sponsored by LAT eventually.

That and I've heard kids bragging about being on "Team Trilogy". Which isn't necessarily your fault. Just kids being kids.

I agree. We're in our infancy, and we've already had lots of kinks to iron out; this is definitely one that I struggle with, and have since we started. Who knows what'll happen next year, maybe it'll all go down the toilet and we can bash something else, or maybe we'll figure out a way to make it add up for everyone that cares so much about it.

I am such a hater and just spout BS all day.. OH WAIT THE PUTTER I USED BEFORE SOOOOO MANY PEOPLE IS NOW ONE OF THE MOST POPULAR ON THE MARKET FOR DRIVING. #winning

Yes you are and yes you do. As for the second part, what putter are you talking about and can I see the data to back that claim up?

Grip line too. Sleep on it' best plastic they ever made..

as for the medius and primitus well there is a reason you can still find latitudes first disc ever made for sale from retailers in the first run. I waited so long for a opto line pure I had to start throwing Ions, SON.

So...because some people on a message board wanted to ask a question that you weren't forced to read or respond to that is the fault of the companies who didn't form this team? Or it's the team in generals fault? I'm curious because who is at fault when another buzzz vs. roc thread gets made? Those companies who make the discs?

What exactly is rammed down your throat? You've personally been forced to read these threads or join this team or else someone is going to do you harm of some kind?

"You don't see a lot of "help me go to an all MVP bag" threads"

What forum do you visit? This one? I see it all the time. Legacy, MVP, Innova, Discmania, Discraft...heck if salient had a few more molds I bet you'd even see that thread. Just because a few more have popped up about someone asking for help with a "trilogy bag" you want to say it's the fault of others? Where is the logic in that?

Ok then your next paragraph is a story about what you throw and what you like and why and how it's the best for your game. Ok cool. Congratulations for making a choice and throwing what you want. Now if you don't mind let everyone else do the same and don't worry about what threads are about if you aren't interested in them and stop caring what other people throw or buy because it doesn't have any effect on you and you didn't pay for it.

You're a grumpy old man.

You asked.

Latest posts