• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Technique correction

Tenacious D

First off, your site and the pictures just rock! That being said I could use some advice. I had modified my technique so it was straight and low, some one said I was throwing down and getting an air lift.

I read your site, adjusted my grip (I didn't have the back end equal to the seam). I found a soft ball field with the fence in center field marked 315 ft. (thanks parks and rec) and it even closed up some my dog could run loose. I was throwing 300 ft. with a Flash 169 and about 290-300 with a side winder 150 and 174, but I was getting a long slow high arc out of the discs. What would you recommend. I tried to focus on noise down, firm grip, rotation and snap. How do I bring these down

Also I have an old beat up x plastic cyclone 170-172 and a thrashed Valk. that would go hard right. I've been turning these over, but some hyzer on the cyclone and hit about 310 with it, my first hyzer flip.

sounds like you may be sweeping during your pull. that is, dipping down and swinging back upwards. may want to try keeping a little lower, down over the disc and try to throw a line drive straight out.

another thing is with the grip... ideally, the back edge of the disc will be above the seam... as that will lock the nose down in your hand.

Thanks for the advice. I got some DX plastic to practice with. My game is definitely improving. It's back to the softball park then. I was liking the DX Gazelle until I lost it in an open field. Not sure how that happened yet. I'll let you know how it goes.

So I went out again, played a warm up round. Put the bag down about 250 ft. out and worked on landing next to it. I'm not completely free of the sky hook, but mentally trying to keep the disk level and not dipping helped quite a bit. Got some nice solid straight drives. For other 250-300 ft. powered people the Gazelle and Cheetah were the most accurate discs. I also heard my first snap come off the Flash.

good to hear that helped.

as for snap, keep in mind that true snap is not implied by the sound of the disc coming off of the fingers.