• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Technique Poll - What Are You?

Technique/Strategy Poll - What Are You?

• BH – Only (Includes Putting)

Votes: 61 22.8%
  • FH – Only (Includes Putting)

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • OH – Only (Includes Putting)

• BH and FH (BH Putt)

Votes: 78 29.2%
  • BH and FH (FH Putt)

Votes: 2 0.7%
  • BH and OH (BH Putt)

Votes: 20 7.5%
  • FH and OH (FH Putt)

• BH, FH, and OH (BH Putt)

Votes: 97 36.3%
  • BH, FH, and OH (FH Putt)

Votes: 2 0.7%
  • Other

Votes: 4 1.5%

• Total voters
I checked BH only, I will throw overhand or forehand, but only if absolutely necessary.

I try to throw an annie on every shot. If the fairway curves to the left I will either flick an annie with my right hand or backhand an annie with my offhand. If the fairway curves to the right I will either flick an annie with my offhand or backhand an annie with my dominant hand.

I suck but the satisfaction I get from being a rebel trumps being a good player.

Last edited:
Much prefer to use backhand. But a few holes I'll throw forehand or if I get in trouble. Also overhand(tomahawk usually) through trees or if I have to go up a wicked hill.

I used to be only backhand. Until I actually started playing disc golf. Then I realized in order to get better I had to work on my FH. so...
BH&FH (BH putt)

I use almost every shot ever invented except for the chicken wing, so I put BH/FH/OH/BH putting because there was no option for a turbo putt, which I use within 25-35 feet and anything 35-50 is a BH spin style putt.

I use almost every shot ever invented except for the chicken wing, so I put BH/FH/OH/BH putting because there was no option for a turbo putt, which I use within 25-35 feet and anything 35-50 is a BH spin style putt.

Yeah sadly the poll would only allow 10 options so I decided to put the more obvious. Definitely a unique style though.

I'm backhand with all sorts of understable discs for all different distances but I'm a lob putter. Putting style would be an interesting question. Both stance and style (lob, line drive, hyzer, S-turn, etc)

Discs that go right for me (long to short):
Beat Force
SL
Sidewinder
TeeBird, JLS
Beat Buzz, Meteor
Stratus

The sweet thing about those who can turbo well is that it's a fast spinning shot and if you do miss it's going to hit the ground sooner than to toss from the hip so (should you miss) your comeback really is a gimmie.

I throw LHBH, RHFH, and thumbers and Tommies with my right hand.
So, I don't throw FH much.
My FH and OH are usually just for getting out of trouble.

I am definitely starting to see that I am the only FH putter on the board and not that many like to throw FH either.

BH/FH, putt BH. But I'll try any shot I think will advance my disc. Primarily I drive FH because I get much greater distance. And usually BH approaches because I have better contol and accuracy.

I typically drive for distance with a FH, although my FH only has about 20-30 feet on my BH drive. On shorter holes or approach shots I use my BH if I need to throw a line or fade left and my FH if I need to fade right. I'm definetly better at judging distance with my backhand, so I use this 95% of the time for approach shots unless I need to fade hard right. As for putting, I definetly putt BH but I haven't decided which way to throw yet. I can flick, spin, and turbo, but I need to practice. Overall, I think I make more spin putts than anything. I also OH for trouble shots and through trees, but I bought an Epic to try out mainly because I used to play baseball and have heard a lot of stories about baseball players launching epics, lol.

Can i say all of the above..lol....

Drive Distance = Fh
Drive Accuracy = Bh
Approach = both, depending, mainly bh
Putt = Bh, fh or turbo if nec.

*also will use OH and Rollers for drives and approach shots, just depends on the situation

I can do all three if the situation calls for it. However I can only get maybe 200 feet forehand and probably a little less then that overhand.

I do whatever is necessary to get that piece of plastic into that unforgiving basket and I would recommend that everyone practice everything because if you are throwing solely one way then you are going to get torn up on any decently hard course

I am starting to learn that. I need to work on my forehand shot, because sometimes that is the only option.

Latest posts