• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Drivers] Tee Devil questions...

Tony Koch

Reading about the Tee Devil and it sound appealing to me, being a straight flyer. But I have seen many people who have trashed this disc saying it is bad. So what's the deal? Good or nah?

let me save you time and $-- nah.

If you want a faster disc there are WAY too many better choices. This basically is X top and Y bottom that don't fit well together and flies like crap'

What about it is appealing? If you are set on innova then the tern would probably be a much better choice in champion plastic, not star. Lots of nice straight with fade drivers out there given what you max at.

its overstable and not very popular. I threw one for a while actually but I think there are issues with the mold just like teedevils. What do you throw now for distance drives?

I have quite a few actually. My go to is a champ sidewinder. Also have champ boss, champ groove, dx viking, dx Tee Bird, and dx beast.

Teedevils are great discs if they are comfortable for you. For max D with wiggle room to shape lines I throw champ glow terns. For tighter tunnels and low ceilings I throw max weight champ Teedevils. They're lasers - tiny hyzer and they go straight, low, fast. Not glidey. Just bullets. The heavy stars develop some turn, but not a ton. They do the one thing they do rather well.
Most people don't like them. That's just more for me.
But they do have a pretty different top, so you have to like them in your hands. Again, seems like most people don't.

I have a first run teedevil. It throws ok. A lot of people believe that the original Vulcan top destroyers were actually teedevils that got marked wrong on the back from of the disc. Personally, a fresh gstar destroyer is about the same flight wise as a teedevil and the destroyer is a hell of a lot more comfortable to grip. Basically, I pull the devil out if I want a skip, and throw the g* destroyer the rest of the time. If I could do it over, I would find a semi worn star destroyer for when I want the skip, and use the g* destroyer when I do not and not have the teedevil.

Haven't thrown the Viking a whole lot yet, but so far I've been really disappointed with it. Struggle to get any sort of consistency with it!

Haven't thrown the Viking a whole lot yet, but so far I've been really disappointed with it. Struggle to get any sort of consistency with it!

DX plastic beats in pretty quickly and can get squirrelly. You may want to try some different release angles with them. Experiment and have fun.

I have a metal flake cfr teedevil that is as overstable as my meatiest destroyer and a regular champ that flies like a valk. Too inconsistent in my opinion. The metal flake rolls well but I prefer smaller rims for that shot.

I've got a stack of metal flake CFRs, all 172-175g, at this point. They all fly the same. And they aren't too far off from my 175 stars.
I have no idea why I feel defensive about this disc -- I just think it has an undeserved bum reputation.

Latest posts