• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Tee Rex

Shimmie

Bogey Member
Hey Tee Rex Throwers-

I recently purchased a Tee Rex in hopes it would better compliment Wraiths. I have found so far that a Tee Rex has has some high speed turn. It is a fresh, 172 g STR. I'm curious to know if this is everyone's experience or just me. Also are there specific tee rex mold that are known to be more stable? Have most Tee Rex Throwers moved on to some other mold or company?

THANKS

I had a TeeRex for a while. It was heavy and overstable, not crazy overstable but a steady fade. Not flippy at all....I found a 167 TeeRex, looks like a completely diff disc. domey, thinner rim, flippy. so....it always depends. which i think is dumb, but....whatever

i had the same experience with the Trex. once you get it to the 350+ area it has some obvious high speed turn to it. it's more of a speed stable disc than a straight meathook.

i was using mainly for FH's in the 200-300 range and it worked fine for me there, was pretty steady and reliable but it wasnt the overstable wind fighter i wanted it for in the first place. i've now picked up a CPD2 and it's more in line with what i was looking for. it does have a bit of turn but only if you're throwing it over 400'.

I just recently start to hit and eclipse the 400 ft mark with Wraiths... I was hope the Teerex would be my distance wind fighter but in a no wind it has high speed turn. Right now I use a firebird.. which I love and may just have to stick with and sacrifice a few feet for reliability.

I have been throwing a 169 star Rex for years. It was my main distance driver w/ a side arm. And I would use it for certain overhand throws b/c it was flat. On a well thrown sidearm, probably comparable to a BH, it would usually fade fast and hard w/ a hyzer.

Now this thing is super beat. When I put it on a hyzer flip it flies straight and fast like a lazer with a much lighter fade at the end.

I can get some major distance on a well thrown sidearm, it is very predictable,fast and long. It has got replaced for most distance side arm throws by my star wraith which glides further and produces a big s-curve.

My Rex has been a great disc and still gets alot of use. It is the only disc I have aced w/ on a 300' hammer skip, and I have hit chains and the basket w/ it on other hammer skips many times.

Last edited:
IIRC there's 4 different configurations of Teerex. I loved two I had (twins) and hated any other one I threw. Wanted to love them but it just wasn't happening..

Ill see if I can't find a link to the thread talking about those different configurations.

I have a 171 star x out that is my main over stable FH driver. Some of the ones my friends have bought are not nearly as stable. So like everything it depends on the disc.

There was a teerex (no space), a tee-rex(dash) and teerex-x(more os cfr mold).

Idk for sure which came first, but one was definitively more os than the other. I believe all teerexs are of the x molds now, which has been my experience as well. The older one was 172g star, started out real os, now it has some turn.

The newer one I traded for is just as os as the teerex-x cfr I bought.

Its good in low wind, but headwind over 15mph and it'll turn over, or burn.

I bought my teerex cause some jackass told me it flew similar to a beast. What a know-it-all! It flew nothing liked I hoped it would, but now it stays in my bag for when I want that good hard cut

I used to throw a max weight star x-out teerex occasionally, either for long range with head winds or for a good dependable fade a bit short of max distance. So say I throwing max distance around 400 with a boss, I could throw my teerex just as hard and depend on a nice straight flight with a hard fade around 360 or so. A pretty strong head wind would cause it to turn, but it always faded out dependably at the end.

I don't really throw it much anymore, but it comes out every now and then. I'll bag it if I know I'm going somewhere with lots of wind. It's more of a special situations disc for me than anything else.

A peer suggested a Lat. 64 Villain as a replacement for what the Tee Rex is rated to be. Anyone else have any thoughts on a mold from another company that would be around a speed 11 and would be a true hyzer disc... wind fighter. THANKS

A peer suggested a Lat. 64 Villain as a replacement for what the Tee Rex is rated to be. Anyone else have any thoughts on a mold from another company that would be around a speed 11 and would be a true hyzer disc... wind fighter. THANKS

The Max is pretty crazy stable, and when it beats in, it gets a little more glide.

X2 on the OPTO Villain

VqKT4ael.jpg

TEEREX THREAD back from the dead. I used to keep the teerex as a forehand only disc after I disced down to learn how to backhand better. I have figured it out and I am bombing my teerexes and they are my favorite distance driver for backhand throws now. The swirly pink one is a brand new and nice and stable. The orange and huklab are a bit less stable and the tourney stamped disc is nice and beat and has quite a bit less HSS and less fade than the others.

I'm trying to remember the deal on the TeeRex. I think it and the Viking shared a top, and the top they used for the first runs was not the top they used for subsequent runs. It was a replacement part that was defective. Once the follow up runs of the TeeRex came out and people complained about how flippy they were, Innova discovered the problem. By then they had been using the defective top on Vikings for years. Dave Dunipace loved the Viking and couldn't figure out why it didn't sell, but he threw first run Vikings and had no idea that the subsequent runs flew like a slower, flippier Valk.

Not exactly one of the shining moments in Innova history.

As a result, the TeeRex was often retooled early in it's existence which made it hard to love. Then it was eclipsed by the Destroyer. I'm surprised anybody still throws them.