• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Teebird problem

gstar teebird will fly exactly like you want. However you will have to replace it once every 3 months.

How often do you play Stover? The reason I ask is because I was thinking about picking one up. I don't get out as much as most people. So just wanted to estimate how long it would last in my bag before needing to be replaced. I have not tried any of the G* yet.

It seems like what adds the G to G* is R-Pro because they aren't very durable. It's a great feeling and flying blend, but it is fragile.

Yep. High impact hits and it warps more than absorbs like a good soft premi plastic. Grip is the selling point

Loving my two new Teebirds.

Attachments

• Teebird Champion dyed 175.jpg
    Teebird Champion dyed 175.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 21
  • Teebird Star white outside.jpg
    Teebird Star white outside.jpg
    155.7 KB · Views: 42
That white one is fantastic. :hfive:

I know, I have a thing for white star discs since you can dye whatever you want on them. I might do some kind of tie in with the T-birds from Grease just because it would be funny. Like put a black leather jacket on it... or just leave this one naked because DAMN it looks good.

I think I just need to buy a couple of the molds that interest me and try them out. I like star plastic so a softer star even if the life expectancy is shorter still sounds fine to me. Thank you for the input. I took this last year off and just started throwing again around the end of October. So for me the G* is new. I have been digging through the G* posts and finding mixed reviews.

I've got a 169g g* teebird in the bag and it's nice and straight right out of the gate. I'm using it and hoping I can break in a champ before summer. I wish I could find some flatter star teebirds.

I had a wonderful older 12X teebird that I lost a few months ago. Cloudy plastic, grippy, decent glide. Well I left it on a hole and when I went back it was gone. Bastards.

So I order a champ teebird on discgolfcenter. It has very clear, hard plastic. Problem is it feels like a brick and flies like my banshee. Recently I've tried throwing it into trees hard, rubbing it in dirt and bending the frame back and forth to try and beat it in and improve it's feel in my hand. It hasn't worked and still feels and flies the same no matter what I do.

My question is: will it ever beat in to feel and fly like my old one? Or do I just need to put it away and get a star teebird or something similar? Start cycling DX teebirds? Help me.

Ahhhh, those juicy 12x pre-number Champ teebirds. My favorite run I've thrown and seasoned

Are the Teebirds with the 12x KC stamp older? I noticed some Champ teebirds have the 12x KC stamp but some don't. At first I thought it might be less than 170g Teebirds with the stamp but I found one with the stamp that was 171 or something like that. Any idea?

Star teebirds don't have 12x stuff on them. There are older 12x champs spelled "twelve time", there are older "no time" champ tb without any climo Sig on them, then you have current 12x tb, and 11x and older tb.

As far as where no time tb stand timeline wise, unsure. I believe they are largely just older 12x plastic, as all no time tb I have seen are domey, the kind of tb people complain about. But I don't know the specifics.

Last edited:
Star teebirds don't have 12x stuff on them. There are older 12x champs spelled "twelve time", there are older "no time" champ tb without any climo Sig on them, then you have current 12x tb, and 11x and older tb.

As far as where no time tb stand timeline wise, unsure. I believe they are largely just older 12x plastic, as all no time tb I have seen are domey, the kind of tb people complain about. But I don't know the specifics.

Yeah I know the Star Teebirds don't have them, just the champion. And yeah, the dyed no time TB I have is pretty domey, but I don't mind. Guess it's an older disc, don't have a problem with that. I was just curious.

I have a flat no time, but no idea when they are from

I had a wonderful older 12X teebird that I lost a few months ago. Cloudy plastic, grippy, decent glide. Well I left it on a hole and when I went back it was gone. Bastards.

Help me.

http://www.discgolfcenter.com/main_displayProduct.php?p=22&PPQT1=17&PPQT2=7

They got non 12x KC's in stock now, seem pretty common really.

DAMMIT you found my SECRET STASH!!! :hfive:

those are exactly like the OP described. I have a 168 blue standard stamp non KC champ teebird from that batch and its pearly, grippy, flatter, and a touch less stable than the beefier 12x domey current run (very straight out of the box). They fly like seasoned star teebirds, but have that champ durability.

16123282929_f2ac9dd1cb_c.jpg

Now I had to do some hoarding and buy the last of the blue 160's :eek:

to the OP, I swear I was going to PM you about these this morning. I was going to do it earlier but I didn't subscribe to the thread when it started.

I thought I saw 13 before I posted that link, these are normally stocked from what I've seen. That sure is a purrrrty blue one you got there though!

I thought I saw 13 before I posted that link, these are normally stocked from what I've seen. That sure is a purrrrty blue one you got there though!

yeah DGC has different varieties of champ/star classified under stamps so its easy to miss that there are other types available.

its that way with their discmania stuff too where they have the standard shield stamps (if you want something simple) but you have to click/search for it in their stamp classification.