• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] teebird t3

Well, I worked a 24 hour shift with a 1 hour nap instead of a lunch break, but I am still going to go play 9 at the school near me. Taking my mcpros to practice putting, and a t3, a 12x, and a brinster teebird to throw together.

Alright, the short story, in my opinion (threw a 172.4g merlot color): Less stable than a brinster of similar weight, but waaaaay more glide for how stable it still is. Thrown next to my 11x CA 174g I saw nearly the same flight except the T3 had less high speed turn. The t3 is much more resistant to form flaws exhibited by forearm players too. Whereas I can make a small mistake and really mess up throwing my 11x cal 169g teebird. Next to my 172g brinster, they had similar everything in flight but glide; the t3 glides and the brinster just doesn't unless it has a headwind.

Overall, this thing is pretty close to flying like a 175g glow flat top tb.

Am I the only one confused by "faster and less glide"?

Can someone just give some feedback on how it compares to a regular champ or star TB? Not everyone here throws 11x clearly. The brinsters just felt like a beefier TB with a + rim and no glide.

I had a couple of CFR Flat Teebirds from last year that were crazy overstable. Practically Firebirds.

Am I the only one confused by "faster and less glide"?

Can someone just give some feedback on how it compares to a regular champ or star TB? Not everyone here throws 11x clearly. The brinsters just felt like a beefier TB with a + rim and no glide.

Interesting, I have a glow champ + mold one that has little to no dome and has CAL engraving on the back, and it is beefier and has less glide, more so than the 11x champ I used to have.

Interesting, I have a glow champ + mold one that has little to no dome and has CAL engraving on the back, and it is beefier and has less glide, more so than the 11x champ I used to have.

That's typical of all plus mold TB's. They all have CAL engraving, tend to be beefier and have minimal dome.

A production run of Teebirds that are similar to flat 11x CALs sounds tasty, but the pic looks far from flat to me. Too much shoulder to be truly low profile.

I do love my flat topped JL Gator though...

I think the JL ring of Gators will go down in history as the 11x tb's did but to stock up on any new Innova disc for 'investment' purposes is a real shot in the dark. I bought a bunch of g* proto tb's and ended up selling them to most everyone in my circle of playing buddies at cost.

I find it suprising that a company with the resources and experience that Innova has can't reproduce (exactly) those molds that have become inconic. I know that most if it revolves around the hype of the first premium plastic but during that era, there seems to be quite a few molds that are preferred for their flight characteristics compared to the rare release today.

I find it suprising that a company with the resources and experience that Innova has can't reproduce (exactly) those molds that have become inconic. I know that most if it revolves around the hype of the first premium plastic but during that era, there seems to be quite a few molds that are preferred for their flight characteristics compared to the rare release today.
I feel like even if they stamped an old batch of discs the interwebs golfers would say they are entirely different based on PLH, rim, markings, etc all without even throwing them once.

Bad (T)rim Job

Did anybody else get any T3s that look like a blind infant cut the flashing with a chainsaw? Or is it just me? One of mine still has the flashing hanging off of the side and both have rather large gouges along the rim. Ouch.

mold life

i work in plastic ejection mold repair and new tool build. What prob happening is they are running molds with well over there life span and just repairing and running again. Heck of alot cheaper than a new mold being built. I have seen things come in that had well over 1 million shots on it and you couldn't even tell what it was until someone trimmed all the flash off the part. On a side note dont buy any of those cheap plastic yard chairs lol. trust me on this one

I bought a bunch of g* proto tb's and ended up selling them to most everyone in my circle of playing buddies at cost.

Those came out just a few months ago...of course you couldn't flip them for big bucks.

It's people like you that whine about selling a stack of disc at cost five years down the road.

Those came out just a few months ago...of course you couldn't flip them for big bucks.

It's people like you that whine about selling a stack of disc at cost five years down the road.

At least I whine about something that actually affects me vs. some complete strangers business that has zero impact on me. lol

i work in plastic ejection mold repair and new tool build. What prob happening is they are running molds with well over there life span and just repairing and running again. Heck of alot cheaper than a new mold being built. I have seen things come in that had well over 1 million shots on it and you couldn't even tell what it was until someone trimmed all the flash off the part. On a side note dont buy any of those cheap plastic yard chairs lol. trust me on this one

what's wrong with those chairs:confused:

Did anybody else get any T3s that look like a blind infant cut the flashing with a chainsaw? Or is it just me? One of mine still has the flashing hanging off of the side and both have rather large gouges along the rim. Ouch.

Yeah a couple of the Gstar FB's I received had the same problem. I was able to fix them but definitely pissed me off when I saw them.

I was going to email Innova but I have a hard time believing they would give a ****.

Latest posts