• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Tell me about the nebula.

TorreyLaffoon

Birdie Member
So the search function didn't turn up exactly what I wanted regarding this disc. I picked one up with some prize money at a tourney and have been throwing it here and there. Clearly it finishes more stable than a buzzz, but so far I haven't gotten a feel for how it behaves at different levels of power. It seems versatile if you can dial in how hard to throw it at particular times.

So if you've ever thrown one, please, I'd like some opinions and info on this former ace race disc!

Thanks!

BrotherDave has lots of experience with the Nebula. I had 2 and gave them away in the Pay it forward thread, I do not need anymore OOP discs in my bag.

The nebi was my go to middy for a while ....
Very stright off the hand with a consistant finish every time ....
If thrown on an anhyzer it will slowly fight back flat ....
But as for me personaly... I throw the buzzz now .... I can't stand throwing OOP plastics ....
It should have been put on production .... Alot of people liked it ...

I've heard it referred to as the Buzzz OS. When you compare a Nebula to the Buzzz their profiles are very similar. I have one for sale right now, but I think the OOP tag is what's killing interest.

It was an awesome disc but lacked a bit of glide due to its smaller diameter. I just couldn't get the damn thing past 320ft. I would've kept it in my bag but I threw one in the lake and had no more backups so I sold my other one. The closest thing would be to break in a hornet, which also will have more distance potential than the nebula. A fresh hornet is much more over stable at low speeds.

Ive always thought the torque/shockwave were more comparable to a neb considering the side to side movement.

i hate using oop plastic but the one oop disc i do use is the nebula

ive got 3 (173, 174, 175) all mint green with the small discraft team stamp

all behave very predictably with the 175 being a touch more stable than the others

its a buzzz os basically except...

slightly smaller diameter
less glide
faster

i reach for it more than my buzzz's now because i trust it so much

i think it flies similar to the wasp (maybe a touch more stable) except it has the profile of a buzzz, which i like a lot more in my hand (i hate the way a wasp feels in my hand)

GREAT disc!!!!

Everyone is on point. If you think of the Buzzz as a midrange Teebird, i.e. it goes straight and then fades a bit, then the Nebula is more like an Eagle-X. Not as glidey but easier to range and easier to flex. If you beat one in good, it goes straight just as easily as a Buzzz and 160s Nebs are really straight to begin with, like a faster Buzzz. The stability is right b/w a Buzzz and a good Wasp, it's easy to think of a Nebula as a Buzzz that never gets particularly flippy.

It's just a good, solid, workhorse of a mid. Unfortunately, they were supposedly having a hard time molding them without a dimple in the rim so they never went into production.

i have been hunting for one of these for some time to see what its about. i have small hands so small diameter mids fit really well. (ie spider) it seems like a lot of people really like the disc, its too bad they never went into production.

i have been hunting for one of these for some time to see what its about. i have small hands so small diameter mids fit really well. (ie spider) it seems like a lot of people really like the disc, its too bad they never went into production.

If you are really interested in the Nebula, Dynamic Discs has some on their website.

I really like the one I picked up, and I know the distributor has 20+ more. All mint green with the team stamp like mentioned by someone earlier. I like them way more than the hornet personally. And the ESP blend in the team runs is so nice.

Yeah, the Hornet is garbage compared to the Nebula. /blatant bias.

i throw hornets now so maybe i dont want to throw one lol. i hate OOP plastic in my bag :D

I feel the same way but I've got like 9 Nebulae already so I'm not too worried about it. :\:thmbup:

And yeah, the ESP they ran these in is practically indestructible.

Latest posts