• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[DGA] Tell me about the Squall

Wow Dr. Connor Frankenstein, dug this one up, lol.

Since my first post in thread a year and a half ago - the Proline Squall is still in my bag. My game has changed, I've gotten significantly better, but the disc is just money. It flies like a seasoned Roc but IMO a touch faster. I throw slight turnovers that will fade to flat, gradual anhyzers (think inverted hyzer flip - throw hard anny and it flips up to a slight anny but doesn't get totally flat), tight-S shots, and slight hyzer flips with it.

As far as Sparkle Squalls - they are like most DGA discs, SP Line's have noticably more HSS than their Proline counterparts (this goes for Hurricanes, Aftershocks, Rogues, etc.). I have a SP Squall but I really favor the Pro since I also carry a SP Aftershock for the more overstable mid slot.

I agree with the beat roc statement, i have about a 5/10 big bird that i would compare this too, except this is much,much faster IMO, way more of a fairway than a mid, but hey, doesn't matter to me, i love it.

And it has no bead..which i prefer, compare the SP squall to something for me? I might be able to get rid of rocs if they're noticeably more stable.

I just got a sp 2007 am worlds squall in a trade ,I have only thrown in a few times, but im really liking it . the thing goes far for a mid.

I'd rather just search for it than making a new one anyways, so that's what I do when I can.

:)

I have a DGA TEAM SP Squall that was in my bag for a while. I took it out and went back to my rocs (5/10-4xkenny for stability) The squal while it glided forever seemed to be over stable for me, I already have discs for this. I may have to bring it back out next spring.

I am indifferent on these Squalls.

I had a 150 class D line and it hyzer flipped great if it was calm.

And it has no bead..which i prefer, compare the SP squall to something for me? I might be able to get rid of rocs if they're noticeably more stable.

SP Squall is like a beefy Roc IMO. I haven't thrown it in a while so I might take it out and test it again as well.

I've noticed weight can make a good bit of difference as well (comparing low 170's to upper 170's)

I love it. You will get laughed at for searching and chastised for not searching.

:confused: It was pretty evident I was joking around.

Is the Proline better/worse/equal than Pro or X because it's way more expensive

Discraft molds DGA - going by touch I think it's mostly if not all ESP blend.

Not trying to dredge up too old of a thread, but just wanted to say thanks to everyone who has posted on this one. It single-handedly helped me decide to buy a Squall. There are a few of those tweener holes on my local course, where I overshoot them with a Teebird but undershoot them with a Roc, that I think this disc will be perfect for.

Thanks for making the decision easier. It was between the Squall, Fuse, and Flying Squirrel, and I am pumped to get my bright green 172 g pro-line coming in the mail this weekend.

Anybody still throw these?

DGA seems like a very under-the-radar company these days.

I still carry 2 proline squalls in my bag (seasoned and newer). I still maintain they're the most underrated disc out there.

I agree the 2012 Ace Race disc is similar to a squall, but seems to have slightly less LSS.

I still carry 2 proline squalls in my bag (seasoned and newer). I still maintain they're the most underrated disc out there.

I agree the 2012 Ace Race disc is similar to a squall, but seems to have slightly less LSS.

Thanks for speaking up. I find it interesting how some companies grab the interest of folks, and some do not.

Reading this thread makes me interested in the the Squall though.
(note to self:do NOT get interested in another line of discs :mad:)

I love the Squall. I find the characteristics very similar to my old school scorpions.

I think one reason DGA discs haven't always gotten the love they may deserve is they had so many different companies mold discs for them that they haven't been consistent over the years.

I carry a 168g Pro Line Squall. I prefer it over my Z Buzzz. For me it is straight with a solid fade at the end of a 300 ft throw. I don't believe I have ever inadvertently turned it over. YMMV at a lower elevation.

The Squall is a great disc, but it's fast for a midrange. It's a tweener disc, good for medium length drives or long approach shots. Slower midrange and putters would be better suited for typical approach shots, IMO. Also, I would only own the Squall in SP plastic for added glide and slightly slower speed.