• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Texas States 2013

For those that want Circle C. As far as I know it isn't available for tournaments at this time. They do not want to shut down the course to the public. Or so it has been for the last 2 years. Not sure what the future holds for Cirlce C tournaments

Manor or the Bible Ridge provide the best NT level pro challenges in the area. Unlikely that the ridge will ever host a large event, though.

I love Circle C, but it's really too easy for the top players. Met Center has, unfortunately, lost a lot of trees and has crappy routing. Roy G is a very nice course, but is very one-dimensional in its challenge.

I just hope that Vinnie uses OB sparingly at Manor as many of the creeks that wind through the course provide random punishment. If it were up to me, the ONLY place I'd have OB on that course would be near the basket on hole 10. The rest I'd make any water as casual.

Manor or the Bible Ridge provide the best NT level pro challenges in the area. Unlikely that the ridge will ever host a large event, though.

I love Circle C, but it's really too easy for the top players. Met Center has, unfortunately, lost a lot of trees and has crappy routing. Roy G is a very nice course, but is very one-dimensional in its challenge.

Disagree. Tough does not always equal pro level. A lot of tough courses do not have realistic lines and and are really more suited for AM's who can use more luck than skill. Circle C and Roy G are better courses for open players because they have real lines that challenge distance and accuracy.

Disagree. Tough does not always equal pro level. A lot of tough courses do not have realistic lines and and are really more suited for AM's who can use more luck than skill. Circle C and Roy G are better courses for open players because they have real lines that challenge distance and accuracy.

The lines at Manor are very fair and realistic.

From the Texas State Disc Golf Championship page...

Amateur Schedule/Format:

Amateur divisions is shot gun start Saturday and Sunday players meeting 8:00 am Tee off 8:30 on Roy G and Met Center courses

144 total players playing three rounds of 18 (two pools of 72 players) Pool A plays Roy G, Met, final Roy G

MA1 = 11 cards =40 players ($100)
FA1 = 4 Cards = 16 players ($100)
MM1 = 4 cards = 16 players ($100)

Pool B play all short Met, Roy G then final Met

MA2 = 10 cards = 40 players ($60)
FA2 = 5 cards = 20 players ($60)
MJ2 = 2 cards = 8 players ($50)
FJ2 = 1 card = 4 players ($50)

From the Texas State Disc Golf Championship page...

Amateur Schedule/Format:

Amateur divisions is shot gun start Saturday and Sunday players meeting 8:00 am Tee off 8:30 on Roy G and Met Center courses

144 total players playing three rounds of 18 (two pools of 72 players) Pool A plays Roy G, Met, final Roy G

MA1 = 11 cards =40 players ($100)
FA1 = 4 Cards = 16 players ($100)
MM1 = 4 cards = 16 players ($100)

Pool B play all short Met, Roy G then final Met

MA2 = 10 cards = 40 players ($60)
FA2 = 5 cards = 20 players ($60)
MJ2 = 2 cards = 8 players ($50)
FJ2 = 1 card = 4 players ($50)

Dammit! We are going to only play Manor!

May be better than I remember in my 2 rounds there but a few of the teeshots (going to the right) on the par 4s had sketch angles (decent sidearm> really good anhyzer)

the only bad hole at manor is hole 5, little pinball wizard hole where the difference between a 2 and a 6 can be an inch.

the only bad hole at manor is hole 5, little pinball wizard hole where the difference between a 2 and a 6 can be an inch.

See I don't even remember that one! I am not saying any of the holes are bad....just that Olse does this a few times per course.....and someone can throw a 6/10 sidearm and be good while the anyhyzer guy will likely end up on the off the fairway to the left....even with a 9-10 anhyzer.

Ingleside Golf has a hole that stick out as Olse'ey. Probably a 325ft hole tucked into the right...fairway real open on the left.

Brad W trows a sidearm all 3 rounds....all within 15ft even though they all took slightly different routes....I throw 3 anhyzers that all land 35ft away because they can't really make the corner without cut-rolling. Made the putt each time...but I didn't like that I had to work my butt off with two good shots while he would just easily lob it up there.

I love holes that go to the right........but there is a difference between a hole where both a good anhyzer and sidearm work and one where only the sidearm has a legit chance.

Same thing goes for fairways that turn left.....I always look if the lefty with a good anhyzer has a chance.....if they don't I am usually not the biggest fan.

Here is the hole I am talking about...At Ingleside Gold. I will look for the ones at Manor.

28d9961e_m.jpg

49df7cf2_m.jpg

See how the you have to go past the hole kinda before going into the gap? Easy with a high FH fade or a low skip FH.

Last edited:

I don't think that is the only bad hole. The fact is, Manor is not a course for the pros, its more for am's.

Well I looks it will be Manor.....which I have very little experience with.

I would have preferred to play the Met and Roy G.....but sometimes **** happens and you have to play on the least aesthetically pleasing course.

Well I looks it will be Manor.....which I have very little experience with.

I would have preferred to play the Met and Roy G.....but sometimes **** happens and you have to play on the least aesthetically pleasing course.

Manor Open 2013

To be worth the time and travel, i sure would have liked to play roy g and met center too

Manor Open 2013

To be worth the time and travel, i sure would have liked to play roy g and met center too

I might not even play!!!! This would be my 14th States in a row.

$160 entry coupled with only 1 course isn't very appealing....

They might have a great tournament staff and good payout, but if you are going to call it a "State Championship" and have it be a NT event, it seems pretty weak to have the best players in the world show up and stick them on one course all weekend, especially when the Am's get to play two. Just my opinion...

Lets not forget that this event used to be a tom bass. Not withstanding the year at Jack Brooks. Yea, its still two courses(and a temp course?) but is two bad better than one good course?

Lets not forget that this event used to be a tom bass. Not withstanding the year at Jack Brooks. Yea, its still two courses(and a temp course?) but is two bad better than one good course?

Courses weren't that bad last year......for an NT though they are.

I would just rather skip Manor......unless they really have been doing some legwork on the course.

BTW I thought Brooks was the worst!

Would rather play Tom Bass personally, but thats not the point

Plenty of great courses to choose from in Austin but we are getting Manor 3x in a row.

They might have a great tournament staff and good payout, but if you are going to call it a "State Championship" and have it be a NT event, it seems pretty weak to have the best players in the world show up and stick them on one course all weekend, especially when the Am's get to play two. Just my opinion...

Agreed, it should be called the Manor Open because thats what this really is