• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Thanksgiving Day! Anyone playing today?

Just got back from my best blue tee round at Schenley Park in Pittsburgh. It was a little chilly when I started but warmed up really nice by the time I was starting the back nine. There were quite a few others out too, I saw at least 4 other pairs and a pretty big group starting up as I was leaving. Now I get to lounge and gorge. :D

Just back from a par round at Sunset Park. One birdie - one bogie. Two 2-putts. It's an easy course, so par ain't great but I was trying out some different discs to light up tonite for some Black Friday midnite glow.

Absolutely beautiful day here and I saw no one else playing.

Played a round this morning at taymouth park. Finished best ever at +6. That course is brutal. 6 foot fairways on most of the holes. One metal hit off the top of the basket on hole 8. Happy Thanksgiving!

Planned on a pre-dinner round at deer lakes today but woke up at 6am with cold, still might go though, it's too nice not to play.

I got a round in this morning. I wasn't the only one out there but it wasn't too crowded.

It's great visiting from out of town for the holidays. There are some great courses near my in-laws so all I do is golf and stay out of the way. I golf more here than I do at home. Now I actually look forward to the trips!

You found a way to make me WANT to visit, well-played In-Laws, well-played!!!

Just got the text from my friends that they're heading out today, but alas, I cannot. I got to work at 7:30 (sunrise), and will be leaving at 6 (after dark). Not set up for glow and the course by my house doesn't support it anyway, so no discin' for me until at least Sunday.

If only I wasn't cooking the meal today, I'd be out there on this windy day to enjoy a few rounds, might try to sneak one round in after the bird's done

Extended family is gathered for Thanksgiving at Stoney Hill today. It's a no-brainer. There are a half-dozen disc golfers among the crowd.

Unfortunately, I'm six days past knee surgery, so I'll just be a spotter on a proposed new hole.

Shot a personal best -7 at Boone Woods this morning. Glad I was able to get out for a quick round. Now I've got a turkey cooking in my smoker. Thankful for an excellent day all around!

Got done with a round at Crown College in St Boni MN. Stumbled upon a dead deer on hole 13.

Stepped outside today the weather was beautiful, and then got to the course (a village over not far at all) and the wind was at speeds of 25 to 30 mph..... just my luck

Since I'm doing Thanksgiving in my hometown, I decided to drive down to Bowling Green (Ohio) and play Carter Park this morning. As this was the course I learned the game on I was looking forward to seeing how I scored after not playing it in nearly 10 years. Given that Bowling Green's notorious winds were out in full force I wasn't unhappy with my score. On the other hand I was horrendously let down by what BG has done with the course in the last few years. Other than the wind every element of difficulty has been removed. While this may make the course more newb friendly (and there are lots of new players there) I still remember the satisfaction of discovering new shots or approaches to some of the (formerly) difficult holes on this course. Now every hole is just another point and shoot hole.

I guess sometimes it doesn't pay to go home! (or to your former home course at least!)