• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Thanksgiving Round

McJesus

Double Eagle Member
So while I know most of you are gonna eat, nap, and watch football all day today, but I was wondering if anyone else is gonna go out and try to get a round in today? Anyone taking family? I'm probably crazy thinking about throwing on Thanksgiving.........

I doubt it. KU plays at 2:30 so I doubt there will be enough light or warmth left in the day to get out after that. I'll go play tomorrow when everyone is fighting at wal-mart for chinese made garbage and enjoy the fresh cold air.

I am going to do some practice this afternoon at my practice field. Really gotta work on my putting and approaching. I am heading up to Huntsville, TX to play Shawshank with some friends. Only played it once, and its an awesome course

I'll be playing some disc today with my buddy Rubber Alex. We are either going to be playing the Redwood Curtain here in Arcata, or heading up into the mountains for some extreme unlisted mountain golf.

Played a turkey day round at Mt. Airy. 22 degrees at the 10:45 am tee off with a good breeze. Still a great way to start the day (and the winter season).

Played a turkey day round at Mt. Airy. 22 degrees at the 10:45 am tee off with a good breeze. Still a great way to start the day (and the winter season).
Nice! I still have to make it down to Mt. Airy. Although I don't know if I could do it in this snow! I have yet to play cold weather disc golf.

I got out and played two rounds. It was 22 degrees and a 15 mph wind. A bit chilly but would have played more if it was not Thanksgiving.

Played this morning, 21 degrees but no wind. Got back for football, showered at the half - then off to dinner... :D

Loved that course! I'm jealous.

Last edited:
Played around noon, 26 degrees, but sunny and not too bad on the breezes. Shot of the day was with my new Atlas: 85' out of the woods, uphill, through a window about 4'x4'...nothing but chains for the deuce! :thmbup:

I played a round and a half out at lydle gulch. I would have played more but the mud was thawing out and the course was getting sloppy.

Practiced some at the Village at Whitehurst Farms here in Norfolk in between checking temps on the smoker for the turkey. Gonna hit up Bayville Park DGC tomorrow with friends and family. Gobble, gobble!

I was on the course at 7:15, with two guest Minnesotans who didn't understand that 25 degrees is cold. At least to this South Carolinian.

I play almost every Thanksgiving, usually because my family (1) has a lot of disc golfers in it and (2) gathers for festivities only about a mile from a course.

I got about 9 holes in. Wasn't too stoked with my performance but hey, it happens.

36 holes. Appropriately at turkey lake. Whole fam. Mom only played 18 though.

I set up my practice basket at my practice field, which is an empty lot, owned by the city, that is 270ft by 280ft. Got some great putting and approaching practice in, and working on which putter I have is the best for driving. Turned out to be a beat in 4 chain Magnet. Got it out to about 240ft. The weather was perfect. about 58 degrees and sunny.

I set up my practice basket at my practice field, which is an empty lot, owned by the city, that is 270ft by 280ft. Got some great putting and approaching practice in, and working on which putter I have is the best for driving. Turned out to be a beat in 4 chain Magnet. Got it out to about 240ft. The weather was perfect. about 58 degrees and sunny.

We have different definitions of perfect

Latest posts