• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Thanksgiving Round

Was visiting family in South Carolina and got in 18 after dinner at one of my favorite courses, Grand Central Station.

Tradition for me to play on thanksgiving morning, several years now. This was a cold one today in Charlotte. High 20s. Luckily sun and no wind, so I was in shorts.

Tradition for me to play on thanksgiving morning, several years now. This was a cold one today in Charlotte. High 20s. Luckily sun and no wind, so I was in shorts.

I've learned the last few weeks I'd rather it be 0, dead still and sunny, than 30 degrees, 30 mph for 3 hours. It might be similar in terms of heat exchange but the variance of the wind grates on one.

Well I likely already knew that but it's been enforced.

My wife (who just recently started to like playing herself) talked my family into a family tournament, comprised of safari holes around my parents property. We just moved the discatcher around, everyone got to choose a hole to create. I shot -3, not bad....but most the holes were ~150.....soooo....not good

Tradition for me to play on thanksgiving morning, several years now.

Seems it's becoming a tradition for me, too.

Really nice morning to play and I'm so glad I did. My previous 2 times out were rough, but it was a lot of fun to get back in the groove today. Indeed, the good times were had.

Did a morning round and one after the big meal. Looks like I might have to play every thanksgiving, because I got my second consecutive anual thanksgiving day ace. And both with rhynos!

I had a great round at the Curtain today. Solid golf overall with only a couple boggys, and what should have been an ace. On Uphill Battle (hole 12) I threw my Blizzard Destroyer on a beautiful hyzer line right up through the trees, then it slamed into the chains, hit the pole in the middle and spit back out. Heartbreaking. :(

Gaaaahbage. Me and a couple minnesnowtans made it out but I could not putt to save my damn life today!!!! Gotta figure out what I was doing wrong. Other than missing putts. Horribly.

I spent the whole day playing golf on my own. I opted out of the onslaught of family interaction and had the most peaceful day at the park by myself. Wasn't my original plan. No regrets, really enjoyed having the course to myself.

I'll be working all day. WHen I get home it's allready dark. So no, no playing for me except for weekends :/

I played in our Turkey Bowl. The weather was spectacular for mid January. High temp about 28°. But wind was much less than forecast, only about 5-10, so not much wind chill. Started about 9. There were 19 for the doubles. And as luck would have it I drew the only other Am in a field of Open players. But it was cool cuz my partner was a good friend. After a lackluster start we started gelling and we finished just out of the money. 11 down took 1st, Rob and I finished 6 down.

i played two early morning rounds yesterday
as i drove into the course a wild turkey was standing on the side of the road like a welcoming committee
that was nice

played a doubles get together yesterday morning and we had 10 people show up. 5$ doubles per person. ended up getting first place. We played osage disc golf course and shot -3 all par 3's.

Gaaaahbage. Me and a couple minnesnowtans made it out but I could not putt to save my damn life today!!!! Gotta figure out what I was doing wrong. Other than missing putts. Horribly.

Where did you play?

I hit the Valley. Saw a few other parties out there.

Had it all to myself this morning though.

Latest posts