• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

That ratings nightmare again

Beezy, if you're talking about Lewisville, there is something that should be different at official ratings. There's no way your 54 at Lake Park in the morning round should be 40 points different than a 54 that afternoon in our rounds.

They may not be exactly even, but there should be some change.

I tried going back in time to see if I could figure out the round I had an issue with last year. However I realized it was next to impossible since we played 3 different courses at cedar hill and my memory is not that good in telling me when I played coyote and when the other divisions did. So I guess my decision to play advanced from now on will have to do as a solution

Still interested in looking at the actual numbers of this nightmare

Tried to go back and see which tournament was the actual source of my nightmare but realized we played 3 different courses and I cannot remember which was which

Tried to go back and see which tournament was the actual source of my nightmare but realized we played 3 different courses and I cannot remember which was which

Beezy!

They went official and all the rounds on the Lake course (same tees) equalized at a 54 being rated 951. Thought it might.

Beezy!

They went official and all the rounds on the Lake course (same tees) equalized at a 54 being rated 951. Thought it might.

Cool. I have decided I will avoid the trees in the future and throw meat hooks into 30 mph plus winds. That should stop me from complaining

The eight rounds came from the origin of the system when 8 rounds at the 1998 Cincy Worlds produced the first roughly 300 propagators. It's interesting that since then, the average PDGA member plays about 16 rated rounds per year. That would mean that a player at that participation level would have enough rounds to be a propagator in about 6 months. Not sure if we were just lucky but it seems like the system is working with props starting at 8 rounds. Also, the most recent rounds are double weighted which makes the rating just a bit more connected to current performance.

I thought the 8 round minimum was reduced to 5 rounds with the WGE, and has remained at 5 rounds since. What gives?

Players have always had to have at least 8 rounds in their rating to be props. You're thinking of the number of props needed to produce unofficial ratings which was 5 for a long time and dropped to just 3 for the WGE.

OK, that rings a bell. Is the minimum # of propagators still 3, or was that just for the WGE? I have an all women's tournament on the schedule in July, and we only have 2 propagators registered at the moment.

It's still 3 to produce unofficial ratings online. But we can produce official ratings even if there are just two.

Latest posts