• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Thatdirtykids 2019 bag is getting dialed in

thatdirtykid

Older than my birth year suggests.
Alright, going to use the template for this one so I don't miss any info.

Vitals:

Years playing/experience:
Started in fall of 05, was playing seriously and competitive in MA1 by the 2006 season.

Throwing Style:
RHBH dominant. Decent FH. Big thumber. FH dominant for approach.

Golf Distance (avg/max*) for putter/mid/driver:
Wizards: 275-300 Buzzz 325-375 PD2 400-475

Optional:

Sex: M

Injuries/handicaps?: Knees are weak. Could use some more PT.

Other sport proficiencies?: Played them all. 4 years varsity soccer, some volleyball in college. Baseball as a kid.

What do you like/dislike about your current bag?: I dont get the reps in anymore, so it takes a long time to learn new plastic. I have moved back to some old trustworthy molds to help.

Specific areas of desired feedback:
Suggestions for a flippy distance driver.

Immediate and long-term goals:
continue repairing consistency to the level I had when competitive while incorporating my new skills.

Bag:

Drivers (weight/plastic/model/(condition)/use):

PD2s:
C-Line 175 Very OS run
C-Line 172 Flatter broken in. Go to.
S-Line 172 Longer than the C-Line
S-Line 171 Broken in Max D
P-Line 174 Big turnovers that hold

PDs:
C-Line 175 Embossed run very OS. Took my predators place.
C-Line 175 broken in go to driver up to 425.

CD2:
S-Line 175 Roaming thunder
C-Line 172 flippier control drives and rollers

Stal 175 Overhands

Mids:

Buzzz OS 175 OS mid duties

Kaxe. K1 176 go to Mid and fairway.

Gote K1 176 straight glidey mid shots. Slow turning shots. Minimal fade.

Z-Comet security blanket right turning mid. Straight with zero fade.

Putters:

Berg K1 175 almost all approach FH and BH

Wizards:
Evo. 175 stable driving duty
PW 175 straight and shaped lines
PW 175 Beat slower straight and turnovers
Proto 172 beat long putts floppy and glideyy approach
Firms (Pair) 176 Most all putts. Only putters

Considering putting the grym back in the bag for hyzerflip D and distance rollers. Maybe try a shryke or something else new? I like powering up the PD or CD2 for turnovers so dont have a lot of room for a understable distance driver, but am considering it.

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

Injuries/handicaps?: Knees are weak. Could use some more PT.

Specific areas of desired feedback:
Suggestions for a flippy distance driver.

Considering putting the grym back in the bag for hyzerflip D and distance rollers. Maybe try a shryke or something else new? I like powering up the PD or CD2 for turnovers so dont have a lot of room for a understable distance driver, but am considering it.

Not sure more PT is going to help your knees. Once the knees start going bad, it seems like they never get back to where they were. :(

Yes, a Shryke or maybe a Tern or equivalent might be a good understable/flippy disc, or you could go 'all in' and try a Mamba as an understable distance driver and roller disc.

Not sure more PT is going to help your knees. Once the knees start going bad, it seems like they never get back to where they were. :(

Yes, a Shryke or maybe a Tern or equivalent might be a good understable/flippy disc, or you could go 'all in' and try a Mamba as an understable distance driver and roller disc.
In the past PT only really has helped lengthen how long into a day I can go without pain. That would be enough to help keep me going.

The tern may need a revisit. I think I still have a C-Line.
People rave about the shryke, but a quick check on the inbounds flight chart shows almost identical flight to the grym. The main thing that keeps me from just loving the grym is I think I would prefer a little more glide in this slot, being its a tailwind and turnover disc for me.

Bag got more dialed throughout the year.

Gote didn't really work out. It was touchier but more stable than the comet. It would be hard to beat a disc out of my bag that's been there more often than not for more than a decade.

While the kaxe is great I fell back in love with teebirds after finding a good one in a used bin. Now I could go back to cycling mids like the good ol days. And then I found the gila. I had tried one a while back and thought it was good. Gave it another go with a newer run Armor one and was hooked.

Bag going into 2020 is feeling better than it has in ages:

Putters

Wizards:

Pair of PWs for Putting
2x Beat in PW for throwing
Fresh SB for stable throwing

Old School DX Polecat (still have polecat stuff to do)

K2 Berg for most all approach. Still my favorite disc.

Midranges

Comets:

2018 Esp Glow MJ Comet for flippy comet shots
2019 ESP MJ Comet for Stable comet shots

Gilas:

Armor Gila, Long full power mid shots that fade well
Fossil Gila Fresh, Shorter more OS midrange shots
Fossil Gila beat in, flip up turn holding workable mid perfect comet compliment

Fairway/Control Drivers

Teebirds:

11x Beat in Turnover, flip up and roller. (out of the bag until spring when its warmer, blew one up already this year)
PFN Star Broken in, Do it all. This is the disc I will throw if I don't know what to throw
Star Fresh, Stable to overstable teebird shots

Predator, OS utility and teebrid length shots that fade harder

Anax, Was a gift, I really like it makes me consider selling my PDs (since I have not liked new PDs much)

Distance Drivers

Wraith: (why did they ever leave my bag?)

Star Pop top flippier, all out bomber glides for days.
Star flatter more OS, FH stable drives I don't have to lean into.

PD2s:

Bomber run S-line broken in. Wraiths have taken a lot of this discs shots. OS FH shots and big drives with light wind.
Beat in Lizzote C line. OS skippy LONG drives
Fresh C-Line Wind and Utility, much longer than a predator.

I do not see much changing in my bag. The wraith was what I was looking for this year. The Anax is still on trial, not sure it does anything a beat in pred or stable wraith doesn't. Has great glide for how OS controllable it is. Gets a lot further Right to Left than any preds I have thrown, but not as far as a glidey less OS disc still... Time will tell.

Been throwing the anax since august. It's worked out the teebird altogether and the predator as long as it's not crazy windy or a tournament. The more I throw it the more I like it. It powers up and down well.

Been throwing the anax since august. It's worked out the teebird altogether and the predator as long as it's not crazy windy or a tournament. The more I throw it the more I like it. It powers up and down well.
Its quite hard to imagine pushing the teebirds out. Maybe my stable one, but my broken in Star and beat 11x are straight to understable. Hard to imagine the Anax beating into that anytime soon