• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The 2012 Amateur Championships at Bowling Green

Third year, I'm stoked. I get to play advanced masters this year too!

Last edited:
BGTC should have a new normal, as hole 6 land is now a parking lot. We will be working with the school officials to cut in some new holes through the woods, and may come up with a few other good additions. We hope to keep the feel ofthe course (wide grass fairways in deep/thick woods) and the scores near the same. No changes likely untill Feburary.

Yes, at this time the same pools and courses as last year.
Last year went so smooth that we are not changing much from a format standpoint.
You can look over the web pages at last years formats, pre events, and extra activities and get a good feel for the plans.

We do plan on getting the final 9 started quicker using phone calls to be sure of finalest rather than waiting for the 8 scoreboards to get to the pub's course.

Feel free to e-mail or pm me with suggestions to take to the club meeting, all vendors and manufacters have already been survayed for suggestions.

Nice and windy this year....more of the same in 2012 I'm sure. Great players pack, lots of people and LOTS of restaurants.

To countdown the 15 weeks to the tournament, the BG Disc Golf Club will hold a drawing each Monday morning to give away some left over items from past years, as well as some items our vendors will be suppling us for this contest. We will do a random drawing from the registered players and have a prize waiting for you when you check in.

Drawing for Monday December 26th will be for a DGA Gel-Strapz Disc Golf Bag Strap, donated by Disc Golf Association: http://www.discgolf.com/equipment/accessories/player-accessories.html

Just register by Sunday night to be eligable for the drawing each week!

Boo for this tournament, unless you are playing advanced. I played Int last year and three of the courses were just open throws in 30mph winds. fun!!!!!

Directly after seeing this I registered as a Christmas present to myself! I'm looking forward to the adventure again.
Anyone looking to split a room at the red roof with me?

I'm making the trip from the murder mitten again this year. I hope it's warm and not gale force winds again.

I am looking forward to this tournament a lot this year. It was probably my worst tournament of the year in 2011 and I look forward to playing much, much better. I love the courses and am going to be road-trippin' up with a few friends. Bring on the wind!

For those of you asking for no winds, you all should know that is ludicrous. Kentucky, winds and April are inseparable. Honestly, I don't know what I would do if it wasn't windy at White park but its not part of the courses I'll be playing so it doesn't matter. I'll gladly trade a Phil Moore for an Ephram White for the Ams. Any takers?

hmmm this might just work out for me . . . it will depend on the weather leading up to the event, but I suppose that would make it tough to withdraw at the last minute.