• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The 2014 Memorial Championship

I'm gonna say 34 hyzers... I don't recall seeing any hyzers on #7. It's 210 straight up putter shot. At least that it what I did last year and plan to do again next week. So yeah... 34 hyzers.

I see your buddy, Joe is playing this year, and is on Uli's card. I was kinda bummed that I'm not playing, but now I'm thrilled that I can go watch this hilarity unfold first hand. :clap:

Y'all are fortunate to be getting out their earlier than me. Getting in late Monday night. At least I am going to be there. At least I have all of Tuesday to Adjust and a 1:46 tee time on Wednesday so I can do some course scouting.

I'm putting up a no ink Prodigy D5 Proto stamped 174 gram 400 green 9/10 on Paul McBeth for the Memorial. Offer me up a disc of similar value and pick a player. Loser ships winner the disc on his dime. Anyone want some action? Let me know what you have!

Which ever player finishes with a better total score wins. Does not need to win the tourney. If a player withdraws due to injury bet is nullified.

Last edited:
Bet #1 is pending, waiting to hear back.

I'm also going to offer up a no ink Vibram Lace Medium pink 160 gram solid 8/10 on Paul McBeth. If anyone is interested in some action for a Vibram Lace let me know what you have! Same rules apply as above.

Bet #1 is confirmed.

BirdieMachine- Paul McBeth - Prodigy D5 9/10

jjpitt29- Ricky Wysocki - Prodigy D1 9/10

Does anyone know why there isn't any discgolfplanet.tv live streaming this year?

I thought I read they wanted to get paid to film it. You would think it would be the opposite and they pay them like normal TV contacts. Of course we are no way like the NFL or anything but they pay huge money to get those TV contracts.

But TV broadcasters are primarily conduits moving money from sponsors to events. Not enough sponsors, no ability to cover it.

Good luck to all of our DGCR members who are out there today!

But TV broadcasters are primarily conduits moving money from sponsors to events. Not enough sponsors, no ability to cover it.

TV sells advertising just like Discgolfplanet does thats why CBS/Fox/NBC pay huge money to get NFL game filming rights. We are just a fringe sport with a tiny audience.

Winds are in the forecast. The players won't score as high this year.

Doesn't really matter. Ratings are relative to scores. a 39 one year and a 39 the next won't be rated the same.

**just to bug chuck** Do you think the greater abundance of 1100 rated rounds has to anything to do with ratings inflation?

Recap of reasons for 1100 rounds at Memorial
http://www.pdga.com/why-so-many-1100s-at-memorial

Wind at the Memorial might impact the number of 1100 rounds in the following way. No wind will make the course easier for the lower rated players with fewer OBs making it more difficult for the top players to get extremely high ratings. Some wind maybe in the 10-20mph range might produce the most 1100 rated rounds because the lower rated players can't keep it inbounds and boosts the SSA. More than 20mph winds might reduce any chance of an 1100 round because it's too tough for everyone and the top guys get more OBs.

Doesn't really matter. Ratings are relative to scores. a 39 one year and a 39 the next won't be rated the same.

Forgot about that. Actual number of throws will be higher. That's what I was referring to.

Latest posts