• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The 2014 Memorial Championship

Halcón

Free At Last
I can't believe the AM side is already full. I was hoping to maybe play this year. That's what I get for procrastinating. :\

There is a wait list though for those who are interested. I am not even a 2014 PDGA member yet, and haven't secured any vacation time...so I'm out until next year I guess.

So, let's hear your thoughts on this year's tourney.

How can I tell if my registration was processed in time? I cut it close, both my dad and I signed up when it said "8 spots left, will likely fill today"

Anyway, assuming we both got in (or get in) we'll be there! Looking forward to this one!

How can I tell if my registration was processed in time? I cut it close, both my dad and I signed up when it said "8 spots left, will likely fill today"

Anyway, assuming we both got in (or get in) we'll be there! Looking forward to this one!

Email Keith at Spinners, or hit him up on Facebook.

Check your spam folder. For some reason, lots of peoples confirmation emails went there.

I signed up for the wait list, they said it should be posted wed eve, hopefully I'm close to the top of wait list, and people cancel EARLY so I can afford to secure lodging and flight.

I signed up day 1 at 9am after what happened with the SF Safari.
If for some reason some of you don't get in to the Memorial, GCC am weekend is 2 weeks before and has plenty of cheap rooms close by. This is the first year they're doing trophy only but the players pack is $100 plus 2 show tickets. It Might be a somewhat close alternative.

Check it out
http://lvdgc.com/Events/14GCC/14GCCInviteAms.pdf

My fiance and I got in! I haven't played it before and looking forward to adding another state/courses on the played list. Looking forward to warmer temps and no snow.

hoping i'm fairly close to the top of the wait list when it's published tonight. Any historical knowledge of how many people will drop out? Trying to weigh the cost vs benefit of "gambling" on airfare while it's still inexpensive.

IM not sure about camping Martin but would imagine there isn't much in Fountain Hill there is a hotel across the street tho

What's the word on camping in the area?

Hit up Mashnut. He was just out here a couple months ago and found a good place to camp somewhere nearby. I've lived here for most my life, but never looked into camping locally, so I can't be much help.

Google maps is showing Fountain Hills in its Memorial Tournament layout, 10 meter circles and all. Just random luck that the plane flew over then I guess. You can even see the Pro tee for hole 1. Still tough to figure out unless you've been there but kinda cool anyway.

Google maps is showing Fountain Hills in its Memorial Tournament layout, 10 meter circles and all. Just random luck that the plane flew over then I guess. You can even see the Pro tee for hole 1. Still tough to figure out unless you've been there but kinda cool anyway.

... and you can see groups playing throughout the course. Very neat!

1. PDGA membership renewed for 2014.
2. Registered for The Memorial Championship presented by Discraft in the first 24 hours before it SOLD OUT 32 hours!
3. Obtained free lodging for the week in Scottsdale.
4. Booked round trip flights from Springfield for under $200.

I'm practically giddy and can't wait for Feb. 23 to get here!

Unfortunately another year with no Memorial for me. At least it's for a great reason this time, as my wife and I (who refuses to let it be posted about on facebook) are expecting Our first child in April, a little baby boy. I have to miss a lot of wonderful tournaments for a while, but if anything makes it worth it, this is that thing.

Congrats, gcr russel! That's an awesome reason to miss an entire season.

travel for am comps?

I see a lot of players are travelling halfway across the country to play this tournament on the am side. Are the am payouts comparable value wise to the pro in these big national tour events. If so, what do you do with a thousand dollars of scrip? If not , what's the big draw for am players at these NT events?

I see a lot of players are travelling halfway across the country to play this tournament on the am side. Are the am payouts comparable value wise to the pro in these big national tour events. If so, what do you do with a thousand dollars of scrip? If not , what's the big draw for am players at these NT events?

No. Payout the year I cashed was a basket for first, and mini basket trophies for the top 12. The draw is the weather, courses, experience, and challenge that comes with playing a big event. The players pack is pretty stacked as well. Every time I played as an AM, I was able to sell my players pack for more than the entry fee.

Last edited: