• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The 2017 Memorial Presented by Discraft

Eagle cost himself a stroke when he didn't read the caddie book properly on hole 8 at Vista. He went OB on his drive, re-tee, OB again, re-tee, drive to 50', miss putt, tap in for a 6. The caddie book says that after his second OB he could have gone to the drop zone, where he probably would have saved himself a long putt. Could have been a 5 if he was prepared.

He didn't miss the putt from 50', he made it for six. Tee shot + OB penalty + Re-throw + OB penalty + Re-throw + Putt = 6. Considering the drop zone is definitely further away than where he hit that 50 footer, I don't think we can assume he makes his shot from the DZ, which is the only way he could have saved himself a throw there. By making the putt for six, he made any debate about the merits of the DZ moot.

Val has caught up with Catrina for third place and is at -3 thru 16. Eveliina is playing solid too.

He didn't miss the putt from 50', he made it for six. Tee shot + OB penalty + Re-throw + OB penalty + Re-throw + Putt = 6. Considering the drop zone is definitely further away than where he hit that 50 footer, I don't think we can assume he makes his shot from the DZ, which is the only way he could have saved himself a throw there. By making the putt for six, he made any debate about the merits of the DZ moot.

Yea, you're right. But he could have saved himself the stress from having to tee again and had a much easier shot from the drop zone.

It seems to me that attending the Memorial would be the best way to get your PDGA rating up. Is it that just me, or are these rounds rated to high on these terrible courses?

I'm looking forward to seeing how Sexton handles hole 1 today. Talked to him last night and said he prefers BH, but he'll sometimes go FH because there isn't anywhere close by to practice drives, and so by the time you get back to 1 it's been awhile since you've thrown with power and the BH feels like Jello. Said last year final round he didn't trust the BH and went FH, but round 1 this year he went BH. Should be a fun round!

Simon and Paul tied after 7. Might be neck and neck to the finish.

McBeth, Lizotte, Wysocki, Feldberg. What a great show. Man...that's some sweet golf on display. Funniest moment for me...end of tournament interview with Paige Pierce in regards to the 2017 season... "I don't think I'll lose a tournament." Love the confidence, good for her! :)

I just want to say that the coverage from the memorial this year has been unbelievable. I can't remember any tournament that has had this depth of coverage and the quality has been so good as well. CCDG and Jomez with entertaining commentary and their usual great video on really a short turn-around, Marty with some same day coverage of that looked great, and live coverage that was incredibly watchable. Hats off to whoever had the idea to splice in coverage from FPO during the dead time because it made a ton of difference (and Paige's performance was awesome to watch).

Hats off to whoever had the idea to splice in coverage from FPO during the dead time because it made a ton of difference (and Paige's performance was awesome to watch).

+1. That was a very innovative idea for sure. :clap:

Hats off to whoever had the idea to splice in coverage from FPO during the dead time because it made a ton of difference (and Paige's performance was awesome to watch).

Doubling down on this! I loved it when Terry told Paige they were doing this coverage.

What's up with scores not uploaded to PDGA yet? 10:00pm CST/9:00pm MST