• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The 25th Annual Memorial Championship

Dave and Crazy are legends of the sport. Was the broadcast exceptional? No. But I didn't see ESPN or Fox anywhere. I don't get it when people expect disc golf to be something it isn't.

Thanks to everyone involved. I got to watch the sport I love from my couch.

I didn't listen/watch yet, so I can't comment on a lot of this, but Terry Miller/DG Guy would be a great (re)addition to the broadcasting team.

Not in Flagstaff. We play wooded golf

I read his comment and was up in arms, too! The Valley has only water & length (with tourney layout). All the courses in the northern part of the state are wooded and unlike those in the central and southern parts. Just putting it out there, I know I don't have to tell you, specifically =)

Is it volunteer work to broadcast for dgplanet.tv? Or a paid position?

Just curious. . .but yeah, these guys aren't the best commentators. But who would replace them?

I think the only thing I would change about the DGPTV commentary is to tell the producer on site to tell John and Dave that one of them does the color and the other does the play-by-play. I would have John say things like "Ricky just put his drive 15 foot from the pin" Dave would then say "Ricky played the wind with his overstable driver and played it out to the right to avoid the OB.
" John would then say "Will is next on the tee" Dave - "Will likes to throw a midrange from this distance" John - "Will puts it 25 short" Dave - "That is in Will's range should be an easy 2"

They have not after 30 hours together figured out how to avoid talking at the same time. It is not their fault, they need to be told what they are to be. Look at Al Michaels and Chris Collingsworth, Al says that is a 10 yard gain by the running back, Chris says the key to that run was a good trap block by #43.

You can't have 2 announcers with vague roles. Do not blame the announcers (unless they know this are still doing it).

I have seen this at almost every level (I use to work in the field and have worked with announcers from the NBA (regional and they know their roles) on down to High School sports productions) The on site producer needs to be the bad guy once in a while.

Terry Miller would be good. I also think Carl Cubbage would be a good one too.

However, I don't know how it is working with DGPtv, but for baseball, the local announcers are employees of the team. Also, MLB/NFL have veto over the on air talent the networks hire.

greenwell is part owner of prodigy and the broadcast sure showed it saw that last night

Great shooting Paul! :clap:

Less than 2 weeks until the next one...May you stay in the fairways and far from the cacti and thorns!. :D

However, I don't know how it is working with DGPtv, but for baseball, the local announcers are employees of the team. Also, MLB/NFL have veto over the on air talent the networks hire.

Please don't use Cubby! He is a legend for all the wrong reasons. :D

I can get behind the idea of "neutral" announcers. But if Greenwell is out because of his allegiances to Prodigy, shouldn't Crump also be disqualified because of his Innova sponsorship?

Problem is, in our sport, ALL of the top names have company allegiances of some sort. Practically every player with a 1000 rating has been picked up by one company or another. All the movers and shakers are aligned with particular companies too. It will probably be easier to ask these guys to set aside their allegiances on air than it would be to find "neutral" observers.

There is a clear difference though. Greenwell is an OWNER of Prodigy, Crump is sponsored by Innova. Crump isn't trying to sell Innova like Greenwell is Prodigy. I don't remember hearing a biased comment from Crump. I love his catch phrases, and he's way more natural on the mic than either John or Greenwell.

Cubby talks over everyone on DGM. He'd be terrible.

..... Not well played. True that some expressed an interest in different commentators. I was addressing those very strongly worded posts saying there is something inherently wrong with commentators having a conflict of interest.

greenwell just shouldn't be on there anymore,.

that is correct, just because he was a great player doesnt mean he's good to have in front of a camera, he's always been unbearable and now with the obvious prodigy bias its even worse