• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The bag of a simple minded idiot...

Ctufankjian

Vitals:
Years playing/experience: DG 1.5 years
Right/left-handed/ambidextrous: right-handed
Throwing Style: RHBH, some OH
Golf Distance (avg/max*) for putter/mid/driver: Star Aviar: 200'; Buzzz: 300'; Nuke: 325'

Sex: m
Injuries/handicaps?: N/A
Other sport proficiencies?: Baseball, ball golf
What do you like/dislike about your current bag?: Not confident that all my shots are covered with minimal molds and overlap. I dislike the Zombee and Glide,and would like better alternatives
Specific areas of desired feedback: Improve RHFH
Immediate and long-term goals: I'd like to have a solid forehand shot.

Bag:

Drivers (weight/plastic/model/(condition)/use):
169 Z Nuke (more beat) main driver
175 Z Nuke (newer) backup
171 Z Predator (newer) headwinds, utility
169 Star Beast (beat) flips, feedback, OH shots
169 Zombee (beat) 2012 AR disc, control shots

Mids:
170 Z Buzzz, (new) - power, hyzer, utility
171 Pro D Buzzz (beat)- anhyzer, straight
169 Z Glide (newer)- longer control shots. I want it out.

Putters:
175 Star Aviar, (new)-driver, turnovers
(2) 171 2x Mcpro aviars- main putters

from me to you
you have nothing that is more overstable.
nukes are pretty stable, beasts are understable, zombee is stableish

if you are throwing 325, nukes shouldn't really truly be in you bag.
I personally really like the PD. it's a speed 10 disc and you should be able to push it out just as far as the nuke with a little more control. it has become my "go to" driver.

same thing with mids, have you thrown a gator or drone? or anything more overstable?

from me to you
you have nothing that is more overstable.
nukes are pretty stable, beasts are understable, zombee is stableish

if you are throwing 325, nukes shouldn't really truly be in you bag.
I personally really like the PD. it's a speed 10 disc and you should be able to push it out just as far as the nuke with a little more control. it has become my "go to" driver.

same thing with mids, have you thrown a gator or drone? or anything more overstable?

I actually pulled the nukes out for a teebird for the moment, and I have a predator in the bag. It's very overstable.

I may have made this suggestion previously, but I would definately try a saint for your distance driver.

What do you dislike about the Glide and Zombee?

I use a Squall instead of a Glide, and I think the SP might make a good alternative to the Zombee, although I haven't thrown a lot of Zombees or SP Squalls.

What do you dislike about the Glide and Zombee?

I use a Squall instead of a Glide, and I think the SP might make a good alternative to the Zombee, although I haven't thrown a lot of Zombees or SP Squalls.

The glide is really tricky to throw for me, and I've thrown it a ton. The Zombee is an awesome disc as well, but is pretty beat up, and seems a bit redundant. Seems like a squall would actually be a doable alternative to both?

The glide is really tricky to throw for me, and I've thrown it a ton. The Zombee is an awesome disc as well, but is pretty beat up, and seems a bit redundant. Seems like a squall would actually be a doable alternative to both?

I would call the Squall a doable alternative to both.