• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

THE BASKETS ARE IN!!!

BuzzSharpe

Par Member
THE BASKETS ARE IN!!! I've seen them! I've touched them! And the concrete work for the pads and basket installation tubes begins this week!:clap:

Your name is an oxymoron. Congratulations on your course though! Provide some progress pics if you can.

Sorry that I'm a computer nincompoop

I grew up in the age when a computer consisted of a manual typewriter and a hand cranked adding machine. Sorry my 'puter skills don't meet yours or your approval. :eek:

Not a big issue. I just come from a background where you either get banned or humiliated haha. I miss the days of typewriters.

Oh and if you are willing I'd love to discuss your layout and some issues that I guarantee will come up. I'm not looking to do any redesign, just some helpful hints.

Volunteers to Help?

All of this unsettled weather and other commitments by our contractor has slowed the work, but we're still looking to be in and up by the deadline of the end of August. I'm hoping for some help this Saturday (the 24th) to assemble the rest of the baskets and get them planted. Half of the sleeves are in and the other half will be by the weekend.

Buzz, I can prolly build some baskets Sunday. I know some of the sleeves are in the ground, have you purchased the locks to keep the baskets from being stolen? If so the baskets we put together can probably go in the ground already. Let me know.

Hey, Jason! Good to hear from you! No, locks haven't been bought yet. Was (and am) hoping that Mike Avillio and Jon Owens can (or have) put together a new players' association, which would want to cover the cost, so I wouldn't have to bug the city for it.

Here's another thought on your lock money situation. Take the 10% comission you should be getting and put it tward getting some discs (about $600 wholesale) and sell them and use the profits to pay for the locks. Unless you already used the comission to get a practice basket.

Not sure how quickly we could raise money. Haven't finalized club formalities yet. I will be in touch offline to discuss ideas of how we can help out.

Does this have a course where the baskets are yet?

Last week of work

Anybody that wants to help, we'll be counting on the weather nerds to be correct in their predictions for next week and shall be pouring pads starting about 8:30 Monday morning! Come on out to help with that, or to assemble and place the last baskets

Does this have a course where the baskets are yet?

I feel the same way every time I see this thread pop up. A link, a course name, something to add a little context, ya know.
...meanwhile, congratulations Mrs, Kalabash, wherever you are!

Buzz, if you send me the hole distances and let me know which holes the rookie run compromise I will start the course page here. I know a few of the holes were changed- can you let me know which ones were moved since I made the basic map?

Latest posts