• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Battle of Stoney Hill (a Team Play Event) - Nov. 1-2

Hopefully Jay already got with you....we're planning on coming Sat. am to practice, and probably do a little light trimming while we are there.

He did but the course hasn't been cut in a month. We plan to begin our 3 weeks of mowing and weedeating this weekend. *The entire course was cut at the end of August so it isn't too bad.

We'd love to have an Atlanta team.

Of course, with an A-tier in Athens, we're not getting our hopes up too high.

For players looking for a team, or incomplete teams looking for a player, we've started gathering names and player ratings so we can play matchmaker. Most of the talk is on facebook, but of course anyone here can join in as well. We---well, Chris---will see what we can do to put teams together.

We have 3 players (not connected) looking for a team. they are 850, 907, & 929 rated. Someone could either join up with them or select them from the pool. Let me know and I'll get you in contact.

For those that have not played an event like this, it is one of the most fun times you will have. I'm really looking forward to this one, as I have not yet played where all 4 members of the team interact like this event does. The "tweaking" that David and Chris did for this one is really going to be fun and challenging.

A new hole will make its debut at The Battle. Sorry to undercut those who came out to practice the course two weeks ago; the hole that was "new" then has been completely revised.

I've seen the pictures, but haven't played this one yet......it's gonna make for a fun hole.

With great October weather, a pretty good job of upkeep this summer, and a bit of help from Jay, our guests at The Battle might be playing the Best Stoney Hill Ever. It may not be perfectly groomed, but it ought to be pretty close.

And don't forget that's never easier to play than at The Battle of Stoney Hill. Best Shot, Best Disc, and Match Play formats allow you to avoid playing out most of the worst shots, and we all what kind of terrible lies some of those worst shots wind up in.

Sounds like a good time!

The initial long-range forecast is out, and it shows sunny, 60s, 0% chance of rain.

Which is my cue to dare the Fates and, once again, state that it has never rained at an event at Stoney Hill.

As a courtesy to our guests, and particularly those who will be camping on the course, we've arranged with the federal government for an extra hour of sleep Saturday night.

You're welcome.

As a courtesy to our guests, and particularly those who will be camping on the course, we've arranged with the federal government for an extra hour of sleep Saturday night.

You're welcome.

Now THIS is proof disc golf has arrived!!! :clap:

.....and, keeping with tradition, we've scheduled high winds for Saturday.

Those who've played prior events know it just wouldn't be the same without them.

Current forecast is for 18 mph winds from the North, meaning a headwind on #16, and lots of fun around the pond and on the hilltops.