• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Battle of Stoney Hill (a Team Play Event) - Nov. 1-2

11 teams signed up. We have 2 players from Columbia looking to form a team and 2 players in the Upstate area looking to form a team. If anyone is interested in playing, let me know and I'll help you get in.

To our astonishment, 47 of the 48 registered players showed up on a snowy Saturday morning. The snow, of course, was the first astonishment, inasmuch as it rarely snows here and had never, in recorded history, snowed so early in the year. But the players endured a 4 - 4 1/2 hour first round in a 38 degree rain with 20-25 MPH winds and mud, and survived. We rewarded them with sunshine for the rest of the weekend.

With their attendance and generosity, the tournament raised over $1,000 for The Children's Heart Foundation.

To our astonishment, 47 of the 48 registered players showed up on a snowy Saturday morning. The snow, of course, was the first astonishment, inasmuch as it rarely snows here and had never, in recorded history, snowed so early in the year. But the players endured a 4 - 4 1/2 hour first round in a 38 degree rain with 20-25 MPH winds and mud, and survived. We rewarded them with sunshine for the rest of the weekend.

With their attendance and generosity, the tournament raised over $1,000 for The Children's Heart Foundation.

:clap: :clap: :thmbup:

Nice job, all!

I'll have to admit.....that 1st round was BRUTAL, I so wanted to just leave, especially standing on the tee for #16 waiting for the group in front of us to move along so we could tee off. The wind coming off the water, hitting us while we were soaked......but that 2nd round made up somewhat for it. Then Sunday it was really nice! Hopefully next year we can do without the first round weather and have 4 rounds of great times!

Final standings can be viewed at

www.saulsinsurance.com/stoneyhill/battle.htm

In our first year of this alternative format, we had 6 teams. In this, our second year, we had 12. With horrible weather. Let's hope we can fill, or come close to it, next year.

The weather simply has to be better.

In the meantime, we look forward to seeing everyone in April at The Stoney Hill Challenge, an event at which it has never rained.