• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Battle of Stoney Hill (A Team Play Event)

DavidSauls

* Ace Member *
Gold level trusted reviewer
Premium Member
And now for something different---

October 24-25, 2015
on the private Stoney Hill Disc Golf Course
4-man team play event
Various singles & doubles, match play and other unique formats
A fundraiser, hoping to raise $1,000 for The Children's Heart Foundation

It's loads of fun---playing team play, and something other than the every-weekend, stroke-play you get at other tournaments.

We're already half-full, and hoping to see some of our friends from further away. So talk 3 friends into it and join us. We're holding spots, pending payment, until October 16. More detail at

The Battle of Stoney Hill

Very cool! :thmbup:

I'd perhaps attempt to get a team together but I've other plans in store for me that w/e (wedding :gross:)....

Good luck with the fundraiser and thanks for hosting! :cool:

This is our 3rd year of using this format. We had 6 teams in 2013, 10 in 2014, and are already there with 7 weeks to go. We're hoping for a full 18 teams this year.

For anyone who played the National Team Challenge at the IDGC, this is similar event (but better, in our humble opinions).

The pre-registrees are now listed on the PDGA website. Because the PDGA doesn't anticipate team play, and I haven't yet contacted them with their recommendations, I have assigned random division names to separate out the teams. And the cool team names don't show. But here they are:
http://www.pdga.com/tour/event/19984

We have 13 teams signed up so far with 1 month to go. Only 5 team spots left. Grab some friends and come enjoy a fall weekend at Stoney Hill...where the camping is always free!

Now down to 3 spots left, and, with a tip from Alan Kane and help from Big Dog, the team names appear. Some of which are pretty clever.

You should be posting some of the flooding pics on DGCR somewhere, David. Simply amazing.

I'm not sure they'd mean much if you haven't seen the course. And I can't take pictures of the missing bridges, which are the biggest issue.

There may be some compromises in the course condition for the tournament. It'll be fine....but we may not get it groomed as well as we'd like.

This is our 3rd year of using this format. We had 6 teams in 2013, 10 in 2014, and are already there with 7 weeks to go. We're hoping for a full 18 teams this year.

For anyone who played the National Team Challenge at the IDGC, this is similar event (but better, in our humble opinions).

Correction: We had 12 teams in 2014. Looking to continue the trend of adding at least 6 new teams per year.

And just like that, we're full to 18 teams.

Which is pretty cool for an unorthodox-format event, with a low payout and half the entries going to charity (The Children's Heart Foundation). We're thrilled, even as we wonder where we're going to park all the cars tomorrow morning.