• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The best sidearm driver you can think of.

jbl39

Hey guys, about to buy some new discs and I'm looking for one that I can launch like no other with the sidearm. It will be my max distance drive.

If there was ONE DISC you could have for your sidearm bomb down the fairway, what would it be?

THANKS

The best FH driver I can think of would be the same as the best BH driver I can think of, assuming my FH was as clean as my BH.

z surge. a really flat one. I like the esp with a dome better fh BH.

The destroyer but that is b/c it's my main distance driver.

In the past it has been (in no order):

Nuke
Wraith
Beast
Valk
Orc
Flow
Havoc
Boss
Katana

jbl said:
which, in your opinion, is?
Max D? Um... Pro Destroyer, King, Nuke, DD2, all work for me, I'd probably go with Pro Destroyer if I was allowed only one of them. If I need to do something other than max D from time to time with it I'd go for a VIP Sword.

But seeing as my FH isn't as good as my BH, I'm going to need something more understable in real life...

Depends on the D of the person throwing it. How far are your max D FH drives typically and what do you use?

The nuke is a great distance disc bh and fh when I can hit it correctly but the problem is for me that is like 1 out of 7 times.

For someone who at best can straighten a forehand out for 300 feet, the best results I have been having recently is with an Icon Cannon. Very straight, a little more tolerant of the wind, not flippy or overstable, and does really well low to the ground.

Champ Teebird. Good for everything. But if it's just for distance, then something faster. My choice would be Surge or Wraith, but if you throw far enough, pick a Destroyer. If you're full of OAT, take the Max (or learn how to throw...)

Latest posts