• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

the BOSS

vanzandt

just got a new dx boss today.i never threw a boss before.i throw forehand for the most part so i should really enjoy this disc..anything i should expect from this thing?alot of people i talk to say they have a hard time with it.

Before I went all discraft, the Boss was my fav disc from innova. I had 4 Star Boss's and an R-Pro Boss which I used as a roller cause the thing was flippy as hell after the first few weeks but BOOMED with hyzer flips.

The DX boss I'm sure will beat in much much faster then the stars I had but even they only took a half season or so and they were pretty flippy. It all depends on your throwing style but if we just focused on always a flat release of the disc: expect it to be pretty stable and turn right for your forehand pretty confidently. Gradually though you'll notice a straighter and straighter flight prior to the fade from deceleration and a much smoother finish than your probably noticing with the initial brand new "out of the box period." Then eventually if will start turning left more and more assuming RHFH and do an S flight path where it turns over but still has the stability to take it back right at the end of the flight as the spin reduces and speed diminishes.

Last edited:
I turn my Boss over every time we flip for dubs. What's the big deal?

I throw the Boss in Star and Champ plastic. I haven't tried DX yet, but love DX Destroyers. One thing I've noticed with the Boss, if you exceed the listed number for speed, or later when the disc gets broke in, they don't come out of the turn too well. The Destroyer and Wraiths are much more workable when thrown beyond the numbers or when the disc becomes broke in. I'm not saying the Boss is flippy, but they don't flex like the Destroyer.

Might have to give the DX Boss a go to check it out. (Dig the stamp)

One thing I've noticed with the Boss, if you exceed the listed number for speed have an absolute cannon, or later when the disc gets broke in, they don't come out of the turn too well.

It's a speed 13 disc. You're not exceeding the listed number unless you're throwing it with about 450 to 500' of power.

I will probably never throw another boss again.

Fixed :D