• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Canyons, Lockport., IL

Those could be some old WPA projects. Highland and West Park are the two oldest parks in Joliet, and Highland had just worn down over the years. Erosion has really taken a bite out of the property. There is that ball field right there by holes #3/#4, when you walk by there you can see where they blocked off a road up there. It's the same road you come across later. It just washed out from erosion and was closed. Anything that was over on that side of the park became somewhat inaccessible once the road was closed and fell into disrepair. Now the neglected remains give it this cool/weird vibe, especially in the #12/#13 area.

I've really enjoyed The Canyons the handful of times I've played and make an effort to get back there when I'm back in the suburbs.

Pretty new to disc golfing, and just moved to Crest Hill. I feel pretty fortunate to have such a nice course so close to home. Any others in the area that are a must play? Planning on playing at Highland Park soon.

Pretty new to disc golfing, and just moved to Crest Hill. I feel pretty fortunate to have such a nice course so close to home. Any others in the area that are a must play? Planning on playing at Highland Park soon.

"In the area" is a bit vague lol. So how far are you willing to drive for dg?

Highland should be on your must play list...Not sure Katherine Legge would be worth your drive. Kind of a "meh" course.

"In the area" is a bit vague lol. So how far are you willing to drive for dg?

Highland should be on your must play list...Not sure Katherine Legge would be worth your drive. Kind of a "meh" course.

I played Katherine Legge a few times, as I have some family in the area. It was rather mediocre. I wouldn't mind traveling about as far as that. I just moved from Aurora, and played a lot of Eagle Ridge and Knoch Knolls too.

Last edited:
I played Katherine Legge a few times, as I have some family in the area. It was rather mediocre. I wouldn't mind traveling about as far as that. I just moved from Aurora, and played a lot of Eagle Ridge and Knoch Knolls too.

Hmm looking at the map I thought I had played more courses than that...welp I can't really be much help then other than to say, don't go to Round Barn - that definitely isn't worth the drive.

I'll add Eagle Ridge in Oswego and Community Park in Channahon to the list.
I enjoyed both of those, particularly Eagle Ridge.

Looking forward to playing The Canyons the afternoon of Sun the 29th.

Latest posts