• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

*The Definitive DG Bag Modding Thread*

Just picked up an Innova Superhero pack - any ideas for bag mods? I would not mind adding some Velcro squares here n' there and maybe add some additional disc storage options or a sleeve/PVC pipe for an umbrella. I think it might be cool to have one of those extendo zippy namebadge clips to clip a towel to on the top of the bag. This way I could use the towel freely and then allow it to retract back into place at the top to keep it dry/clean.

Also, I know I've seen people with one of those stepped sleeves holding some discs strapped to a stroller or what have you. Think what you'd store CDs in 15 years ago strapped to your sun visor in you car. Where can I get sleeves like this? I figure they could fit on the front of the bag over the front flap or possibly down in front.

Just picked up an Innova Superhero pack - any ideas for bag mods? I would not mind adding some Velcro squares here n' there and maybe add some additional disc storage options or a sleeve/PVC pipe for an umbrella. I think it might be cool to have one of those extendo zippy namebadge clips to clip a towel to on the top of the bag. This way I could use the towel freely and then allow it to retract back into place at the top to keep it dry/clean.

Also, I know I've seen people with one of those stepped sleeves holding some discs strapped to a stroller or what have you. Think what you'd store CDs in 15 years ago strapped to your sun visor in you car. Where can I get sleeves like this? I figure they could fit on the front of the bag over the front flap or possibly down in front.

Get the Clear Flex seal like from a paint can and coat the outside to have waterproof bag if you did not get the H2O model. Additional storage put on the skinny PVC pipe for the umbrella holder put on one of the Zuca or DD putter pockets, whichever is the one you want.

Found another embark backpack. This one is the upgrade of one I've carried for 6 years, now. Grabbed a cutting board for solid floor. So far, I'm 6 bucks into this one. Debating on building PVC frame for stiffness. May go full mod and build frame, with seat. Haven't decided. My other embark has just a stiff floor and no other mods. Still going strong.

Attachments

• 20180827_143541.jpg
    20180827_143541.jpg
    154 KB · Views: 155
  • 20180827_143550.jpg
    20180827_143550.jpg
    156.4 KB · Views: 123
  • 20180827_144209.jpg
    20180827_144209.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 115
More room, extra pockets. The pocket I've made into the putter pocket has more room and the pencil and notepad pockets are moved to another pocket, in front. Also has a great small pocket on face for mini.

More room, extra pockets. The pocket I've made into the putter pocket has more room and the pencil and notepad pockets are moved to another pocket, in front. Also has a great small pocket on face for mini.

That front open flap did seem to me like it would work for a mini and or the scorecard. You never said the number of discs you carry in main part, seems like 15-17 discs is what you carry and of that about 3 or 4 thick midrange/putter discs and the rest are driver thickness at least slow fairway driver thick and slimmer. This was Excluding your 2 putting putters in the very front. However the number of discs that one fits in all bags (exception is bags with individual dividers for every single disc) varies from person to person as the type of discs used, as well as the way they put the discs in be it all discs facing one way or having some discs facing the rim to rim way.

That front open flap did seem to me like it would work for a mini and or the scorecard. You never said the number of discs you carry in main part, seems like 15-17 discs is what you carry and of that about 3 or 4 thick midrange/putter discs and the rest are driver thickness at least slow fairway driver thick and slimmer. This was Excluding your 2 putting putters in the very front. However the number of discs that one fits in all bags (exception is bags with individual dividers for every single disc) varies from person to person as the type of discs used, as well as the way they put the discs in be it all discs facing one way or having some discs facing the rim to rim way.

18 with 6 mids plus 3 putters in front pocket isnt even pushing it.

When I was stuffing it, I put 22 including 6 mids in the main part.

18 with 6 mids plus 3 putters in front pocket isnt even pushing it.

When I was stuffing it, I put 22 including 6 mids in the main part.

My Vertex Angler Backpack a mod bag that might be on this thread can hold 18 comfortable but 20 I have is sort of pushing it. I do have my 3 putters that have to go in the main spot. I did not plan to have more then 20 in my bag anyhow as I get lost with more then the 12-13 choices of disc mold, one 100% new mold in last month being the Stalker but it is a better version of the XL it replaced with less turn. Flies like the ESP version of XL I have in bag for winter and replacement.

My disc bag

Turned my Dakine backpack into a disc golf bag n coated the bottom in that rubber stuff..build the inner rack out of pvc n now it's coated with camo duct tape..I love it

Attachments

• E142F891-2556-4C60-996E-C81C27DD036D.jpg
    E142F891-2556-4C60-996E-C81C27DD036D.jpg
    112.7 KB · Views: 131
  • E4E93FD4-8FB6-4A75-85F4-A7A26C35708F.jpg
    E4E93FD4-8FB6-4A75-85F4-A7A26C35708F.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 96
Oh yeah. There's this product by Rustoleum called Never Wet. The stuff is awesome. It uses some kind of nano fancytronics to keep anything from sticking to it. It just beads off. I'm getting some for my shoes, but I was curious if anyone's tried it. Might get some for the bag, too. It's $20 for a two can kit @ Home Depot, so I'm hesitant.

I have uses a similar product from Rustoleum that was for Tents but it made the single wall tent in the summer 5-10 F hotter then outside.

I just got a West Loop Mini Backpack from my local store, and I added a Soft side Stroller bottle holder I bought off Amazon for my old Discraft Tournament single strap bag and used on the new backpack via heavy duty plastic Cable ties. I used some Clear Flex Seal Spray for the bottom of he backpack with a piece of cardboard inside to keep the botom full shape. This part is optional I also had an Outcast set of Backpack Fishing Straps for a duffle bag to be a bit more like a backpack.

This will be my Beginner do not play much bag for someone, all they need to do is bring the 25-30 oz water bottle fit is depending on the shape. I will put some older discs in the bag that I do not use that are beginner use able. I already put two plastic jar lids in for the mini markers that are within the legal dimensions for a mini marker.

I just got a West Loop Mini Backpack from my local store, and I added a Soft side Stroller bottle holder I bought off Amazon for my old Discraft Tournament single strap bag and used on the new backpack via heavy duty plastic Cable ties. I used some Clear Flex Seal Spray for the bottom of he backpack with a piece of cardboard inside to keep the botom full shape. This part is optional I also had an Outcast set of Backpack Fishing Straps for a duffle bag to be a bit more like a backpack.

This will be my Beginner do not play much bag for someone, all they need to do is bring the 25-30 oz water bottle fit is depending on the shape. I will put some older discs in the bag that I do not use that are beginner use able. I already put two plastic jar lids in for the mini markers that are within the legal dimensions for a mini marker.

The bag was $10.99 without tax and the soft Side Storoller Holder I paid $ 10 for, the Flex Seal I got for my bag so it paid for its self. I would recommend some kind of velcro on padding or the padded seat belt thing that fits over seat belts in car for the bag straps if you use the original, the bag is a tad thin on the straps at ~1 inch made of only Nylon webbing.

Last edited:
The bag was $10.99 without tax and the soft Side Storoller Holder I paid $ 10 for, the Flex Seal I got for my bag so it paid for its self. I would recommend some kind of velcro on padding or the padded seat belt thing that fits over seat belts in car for the bag straps if you use the original, the bag is a tad thin on the straps at ~1 inch made of only Nylon webbing.

Now the backpack holds 7-10, maybe 11 discs all facing front to back rather then Side to side but the thing will look odd on any player over age of 9-11 due to being a mini backpack. However for a beginner, this is a way to get a better bag or for somebody traveling by plane that does not want a sling bag for ~10 discs or so, would rather use a backpack and does not have to use a beginner disc golf bag that would be all floppy with less then 16-17 discs that the person also could not take that many discs, plus the little bag even before the bottom mod was more sturdy then the current Dynamic Disc Cadet backpack due to the Cadet backpack bag using soft stretchy material for the two outer pockets, The Mini Backpack without modification to the bottom was/is more on par with the Innova Discover backpack just the Innova Discover takes more disc to not have them flop around. I did remove the cardboard as that was just to keep bottom flat so I could spray on the clear Flex Seal that is both protection and stiffening for the bottom. I also did the flex seal to the bottom of the little front pocket, so to help keep the pocket wider to have easier time getting smaller items in and out of the pocket like some stuff the player might have in pockets like keys and phone.

Last edited:
I have had to modify every single pack I have ever had, even the original smooth Nylon style Innova Deluxe bag, I had to get a padded Velcro thing used for seatbelts and prevent kids from choking to help with the nylon webbing only strap having the shoulder rub.

The Discraft Tournament orginal I had, even that I took the strap eventually and added some athletic tape to keep the bag padded strap part from rubbing on the shoulder. Then in last ditch attempt to keep bag from getting replaced I made a single hole on part of the bag to use it with some Outast Backpack straps but that was not great and I kind of wasted a bit of money on the bag as it was falling apart.

By the time the Discraft Tournament single strap was falling, (now used for spare discs) that time in 2017 there was cheaper options for Disc Golf backpacks though I tried to force a Vertex angler Backpack to be a Disc golf bag with 2 major modifications besides fixing the pull tabs, worked until the poorly made Backpack died and I put the bag I have now on my Vertex seat and frame, Atheltico Disc Golf backpack I did the mods to including the bottom with a thick layer of clear Flex Seal and to the holes for the Seat to fit on it in older posts in another thread.

https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3597214&postcount=2145

Getting my wife an Axiom Watermelon Shuttle bag as an upgrade for Mother's Day.
I want to add feet on it like my DD bag has. Where would I get those and what would be the best way to attach them to keep the bag from falling over? Or is there a better way to keep it upright? Thank you!

Getting my wife an Axiom Watermelon Shuttle bag as an upgrade for Mother's Day.
I want to add feet on it like my DD bag has. Where would I get those and what would be the best way to attach them to keep the bag from falling over? Or is there a better way to keep it upright? Thank you!

Flexseal on the base. You can build it up to a nice thickness and it gives the base more rigidity so it stands up better.

Latest posts