• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Dynamic] the details of your dynamic ESCAPE

Can anyone by chance compare to a Discraft Zflx Heat (which is more stable than Z or Big Z Heat)?
Thanks!

From my experience the Discraft mold closest to the Escape is the Mantis. I really like the Escape and have had some surprisingly long drives with it, but it is wind sensitive. So I end up carrying the Mantis as my stable fairway driver since it handles the wind better (max weight Z).

It's stability is dome/PLH dependent, IME. Not as understable as the Z Flx Heat, which I've thrown(2).

The Escape has a wider rim than the Saint. It also has a sharper wing. Those 2 things give it more distance.

Interesting, I've gone back a forth between the 2 and get a little more distance with the Saint. I do think the Escape fights wind a little better and is probably a little more predictable. Both are great discs but you really only need one of the two as they are fairly similar.

I picked up an Escape in an EBay auction lot and didn't think that I would have a use for it aa I though that my Savant and CD2 would cover any shots that the Escape was good for. Well over the last couple of rounds I took the CD2 out after I experimented and OH the Esacpe. It seems to work pretty well amd it will seperate the Escape from the Savant even more.

Is this pretty standard for the Escapes? Marshall Street has the Bio described as being more stable than the Lucid and Fuzions, which goes against what I understand DD plastic stabilities to be. My Renegades are least stable in the Bio plastic with Fuzion and Moonshine being most stable.

I want to pick up a couple more Escapes to work with. I only have a Lucid and its pretty straight with fade. Hoping to add one to the bag to compliment it as a bit less stable having some decent turn to it.

Last edited:
Is this pretty standard for the Escapes? Marshall Street has the Bio described as being more stable than the Lucid and Fuzions, which goes against what I understand DD plastic stabilities to be. My Renegades are least stable in the Bio plastic with Fuzion and Moonshine being most stable.

I want to pick up a couple more Escapes to work with. I only have a Lucid and its pretty straight with fade. Hoping to add one to the bag to compliment it as a bit less stable having some decent turn to it.

Not in my experience. All of the Bio Escapes I have are less stable than Lucid, due to the slightly lower PLH and smaller dome. And they pick up a touch more turn and glide as they beat in, too. :thmbup:

Not in my experience. All of the Bio Escapes I have are less stable than Lucid, due to the slightly lower PLH and smaller dome. And they pick up a touch more turn and glide as they beat in, too. :thmbup:

:wall: fricken plastic differences. Fine I'll just buy a couple and hope. I did have an earlier run Bio escape that was very stable. too stable. I was told it was just a freak.

:wall: fricken plastic differences. Fine I'll just buy a couple and hope. I did have an earlier run Bio escape that was very stable. too stable. I was told it was just a freak.

I've had good luck with the latest runs (<2 years old) of Bio Escapes, particularly the Blue / Grey plastic. Happy hunting!

I have a myriad of escapes in different plastics. Al fly similar depending on abuse on disc. But if I had to say, yes, the bio would be less stable.

My Bio Escape when brand new was less stable than my year old Lucid Escape.

Escape throwers - help me out on this one.

I'm looking for something longer than a teebird but without sacrificing a ton of control. I have considered the thunderbird and PD among other things, but for the sake of this question let's forget they, along with the valk, CD2 etc, exist.

I noticed that the escape is rated with a 5 glide - are they appreciably more controllable into and through side winds as a saint? I would throw saints in this slot but I would prefer something that could hold up to windy conditions better, as I throw terns as my primary DD.

Essentially I find that the abovementioned molds like the thunderbird and valk give me maybe only a tiny more D than my teebirds while needlessly sacrificing that sweet Teebird control. Looking to stretch out that distance while keeping the control.

Escape throwers - help me out on this one.

I'm looking for something longer than a teebird but without sacrificing a ton of control. I have considered the thunderbird and PD among other things, but for the sake of this question let's forget they, along with the valk, CD2 etc, exist.

I noticed that the escape is rated with a 5 glide - are they appreciably more controllable into and through side winds as a saint? I would throw saints in this slot but I would prefer something that could hold up to windy conditions better, as I throw terns as my primary DD.

Essentially I find that the abovementioned molds like the thunderbird and valk give me maybe only a tiny more D than my teebirds while needlessly sacrificing that sweet Teebird control. Looking to stretch out that distance while keeping the control.

I'm honestly doubting an Escape would be stability you are looking for if wanting Teebird stability... It goes far for sure and I think it's pretty controllably straight but something like a Convict or Culverin might be have the added stability that you are looking for... I like my PP Convict but I've heard others say Convicts are flippy but I'm guessing that there might be a difference between the PP signatures and other runs... or maybe those guys just throw farther than me

Here's a pretty good video on stable fairways from Trilogy:
https://youtu.be/Vn6Z6UHWhpA

I'm honestly doubting an Escape would be stability you are looking for if wanting Teebird stability... It goes far for sure and I think it's pretty controllably straight but something like a Convict or Culverin might be have the added stability that you are looking for... I like my PP Convict but I've heard others say Convicts are flippy but I'm guessing that there might be a difference between the PP signatures and other runs... or maybe those guys just throw farther than me

Here's a pretty good video on stable fairways from Trilogy:
https://youtu.be/Vn6Z6UHWhpA

Thanks for the info, and that video was helpful in showing me some other options. I should mention that the saint, depending on the run, flies true to numbers for me with the heavier ones flying straight to fade.

You could try a Saint Pro.

The few Saints I had were no better than an Escape. Granted, it depends on weight and plastic.

Then again, if you're going to try a Saint pro, might just as well go with a Tunderbird and not forget that they exist!:D

Thanks for the info, and that video was helpful in showing me some other options. I should mention that the saint, depending on the run, flies true to numbers for me with the heavier ones flying straight to fade.

So, is it the extra glide of your saint (according to numbers glide 7) that is messing with you in wind, I take it? So really wanting Saint stability, just maybe little less affected by wind, correct? I wonder if an Escape might work fine then since by the numbers appear similar ... ? I've never thrown a Saint so can't compare unfortunately. My Lucid Escape beat into straight pretty quickly and I use Convict for controllable easy straight to fade but others use Culverin, Saint Pro or others. I still like the Escape, have a new fresh Lucid that I'm itching to throw.

Might make a difference how far your throwing this slot as to what disc would be recommended. Chris in the youtube video would likely respond to any specific questions too - I've asked him questions before and he's gotten back to me.

So, is it the extra glide of your saint (according to numbers glide 7) that is messing with you in wind, I take it? So really wanting Saint stability, just maybe little less affected by wind, correct? I wonder if an Escape might work fine then since by the numbers appear similar ... ? I've never thrown a Saint so can't compare unfortunately. My Lucid Escape beat into straight pretty quickly and I use Convict for controllable easy straight to fade but others use Culverin, Saint Pro or others. I still like the Escape, have a new fresh Lucid that I'm itching to throw.

Might make a difference how far your throwing this slot as to what disc would be recommended. Chris in the youtube video would likely respond to any specific questions too - I've asked him questions before and he's gotten back to me.

I had a look at some Escapes today in the shop and based on their profile appearance I'm not confident that they would be significantly more or less impacted by a sidewind. Seems like another domey, glidey trilogy driver.

You could try a Saint Pro.

The few Saints I had were no better than an Escape. Granted, it depends on weight and plastic.

Then again, if you're going to try a Saint pro, might just as well go with a Tunderbird and not forget that they exist!:D

Yeah since I'm not signed by lat64, I'd throw a teeb or thundie a million times over a saint pro.

That's just the rub, I'm looking for what essentially is a round square.... a disc that I can throw farther than a teebird, but doesn't get there with excessive glide so it can fight the wind, and isn't too power hungry for my noodle arm... I am just now realizing that I am the guy that the marketing department at (insert any disc manufacturer) is selling to. :| :\ ;)

Yeah since I'm not signed by lat64, I'd throw a teeb or thundie a million times over a saint pro.

That's just the rub, I'm looking for what essentially is a round square.... a disc that I can throw farther than a teebird, but doesn't get there with excessive glide so it can fight the wind, and isn't too power hungry for my noodle arm... I am just now realizing that I am the guy that the marketing department at (insert any disc manufacturer) is selling to. :| :\ ;)

Get a star Orc!!
The recent Star I just bought is pretty flat.
I also like G*

Get a star Orc!!
The recent Star I just bought is pretty flat.
I also like G*

OK so I'm a big fan of the fortress which seems similar to the orc. However I recently picked up a pro orc and believe it or not it did not click at all for me, doesn't fly as far or nearly as smooth as my GL/VIP fortresses. And here's the weird thing - my star wraith flies better on FH and even BH I think. Could be a fluke pro orc but I doubt it as the dome seems reasonable and it's 171g. I am tempted to try a star orc a little lighter like my 168g star wraith as I was hoping I could disc down a bit and still get the same FH distance.

Also the one domey C PD I tried I hated on FH and BH.

I honestly never know what to expect out of these dang flying circles.

Yeah, I hear you.
One never knows what ultimately works until they try them.

I hate Pro and champion orcs, yet love Star and G*

I don't care for the PD and the Thunderbird, they're too shallow for me.

Have you looked at the Westside Longbowman? Good speed with decent glide. Not too power hungry and works well in the wind. The marketing department would call it "reliably overstable"...

In my bag the Longbowman fills the Teebird (slow fairway) slot with the Fortress as the PD/Thunderbird (fast fairway) slot. I prefer the lightweight TP for my weak FH. They season quickly into a super straight "reliably overstable" driver. :D

Latest posts