• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Dynamic] the details of your dynamic ESCAPE

Why do ppl want these to replace teebirds?! I just do not get the "i wanna replace my perfectly good mold with another mold" mentality.... these r two way different discs! The escape is longer for me by quite a bit! I still think a brand new teebird is more overstable too and with no turn out of the box. Thats just me tho ranting...... Although i have 10 teebs and only a couple lucid escapes so thats all my experience is based on... as soon as i can afford it tho u can bet ill be getting my hands on the other DD plastics. Also i havent noticed much of a difference between my opaque and clear one (same weight) guess i should go test them side by side.

Why do ppl want these to replace teebirds?! I just do not get the "i wanna replace my perfectly good mold with another mold" mentality.... these r two way different discs! The escape is longer for me by quite a bit! I still think a brand new teebird is more overstable too and with no turn out of the box. Thats just me tho ranting...... Although i have 10 teebs and only a couple lucid escapes so thats all my experience is based on... as soon as i can afford it tho u can bet ill be getting my hands on the other DD plastics. Also i havent noticed much of a difference between my opaque and clear one (same weight) guess i should go test them side by side.

For me it was because I couldn't get Teebirds to work in a few key situations...specifically headwinds and line-shaping. Predators took over the headwind and straight-to-fade Teebird-esque shots, and did them better IMO. Escapes took over line shaping and more. Also, I didn't have but three Teebirds anyway, so I wasn't feeling stuck with them.

Teebirds are great, don't get me wrong, but they aren't the holy grail of discs.

Most people want to replace them because "good" teebirds are getting harder to find. The new run stars are almost pop-top domey and I dont like the way they feel in the hand. Plus the plastic feels different than my flat, pre flight stars. Its about finding something that will be consistent. The escapes are definitely longer than the teebird, but they power down well so that shouldnt be an issue.

Also, FightingTheTide, I have 2 lucid double stamps, both 175, both clearish, and they are quite understable, and both I would say are 8/10 or better. Id give them a turn of -2 when thrown flat, with a fade of maybe 1, closer to 0.5. They fly very close to my flippy bubblegum saint that I use for thumbers. To compare the guy I play with had a 175 emac fusion that I would say was close to -1, 1, and a 173 bio that was closer to the flight numbers on the disc. I know its a small sample size, but that has been my experiences so far. Looking forward to see where the new stock fuzion and moonshine fall on the spectrum.

PLH between my clear 172 Lucid and 175 EMac is realllllly similar. Dome seems to be the same too. Not sure why they fly much different. They aren't what I would call flippy. They don't really flip up much from hyzer, but love to turn from flat at full power...it's kinda weird.

Do we know how much different the Moonshines fly? I saw a video of EMac tossing one, but he's got a monster arm anyway. Any non-pros thrown them yet?

Just got my 175 moonshine in. It's mildly slick, but not bad. It's also softer than my sparkle Lucid.

Haven't thrown it yet, but I'm expecting it to fly slightly more overstable, if not truly stable.

Moonshine - white
Lucid - red

PLH - moonshine is slightly higher. Should definitely be noticeable in flight.
b6cf71c163223019684a5da9395a2488_zpsf54ea6ad.jpg

Dome - moonshine has less.
65842062e57ce4f1840ef63d06065e02_zpsaffd7ccf.jpg

Looks nice I wish they had moonshine renegades and trespasses I've been digging my renegade hyzer flip it and it goes a long way very predictable for a somewhat under stable disc.

Now lets see some more green-blue moonshine but in the drivers that what I ultimately want.

That or even a little lower but what's weird is the nose looks different the red has and angled ledge before the bottom of the wing and the moonshine doesn't anyone else noticing that

I think that's normal. Check out some of your own discs to see if there's a difference. I've seen it from time to time. My guess is that it depends on the run and/or the plastic. Or is it some sort of post-molding issue? The first Roc3's released at the USDGC's last year had an issue where someone messed up the flashing. Maybe this is similar, but not enough to be called a "mess up"?

my eyes see it as a the same PLH...

The PLH is indeed lower on the Lucid. Check again. It's not much, but the bottom of the nose drops lower on the Lucid compared to the Moonshine. Even millimeters of difference change the flight when comparing the same mold.

I think that's normal. Check out some of your own discs to see if there's a difference. I've seen it from time to time. My guess is that it depends on the run and/or the plastic. Or is it some sort of post-molding issue? The first Roc3's released at the USDGC's last year had an issue where someone messed up the flashing. Maybe this is similar, but not enough to be called a "mess up"?

The PLH is indeed lower on the Lucid. Check again. It's not much, but the bottom of the nose drops lower on the Lucid compared to the Moonshine. Even millimeters of difference change the flight when comparing the same mold.

Wasn't saying it wasn't normal just thought it was weird that the nose has a little different shape

And I've looked at the pic plenty the Plh is a little lower on the moonshine isn't Plh the line of flashing on the nose? Not the bottom of the nose?

Last edited:
Wasn't saying it wasn't normal just thought it was weird that the nose has a little different shape

And I've looked at the pic plenty the Plh is a little lower on the moonshine isn't Plh the line of flashing on the nose? Not the bottom of the nose?

No worries, I understood what you were saying. I was trying to say it was normal...or possibly normal.

Yes, PLH is technically the line where the top and bottom of the mold meet. But with the difference in the noses, I take the entire wing into account. The bottom of the wing sits lower on the Lucid than on the Moonshine. I think if you took out the slight discrepancy of the nose, the difference would be more clear.

That or even a little lower but what's weird is the nose looks different the red has and angled ledge before the bottom of the wing and the moonshine doesn't anyone else noticing that

I noticed this as well
I'd suggest that the "greater bevel" let's call it, on the red, will make it more understable than the more flat nosed moonshine

If you look int the pic though the Plh is a little lower on the moonshine not higher

The noses make it appear that the PLH is lower on the Moonshine...I see where you are saying that, but look at the wing. The red Lucid sits lower than the white Moonshine.

Here's another shot. On the left is a 175 white EMac Hybrid (Fuzion?). It doesn't have the trimmed nose.
899d8544f778c594b566e529075bf850_zps5b631d77.jpg

Latest posts