• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Disc Requisitioner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey i found a picture of you:wall:
50l79.jpg

Keep searching my friends. And remember... don't litter.

If they can't be reached or if it would be an unreasonable hardship to make accommodations to return the disc, then it's yours.
I disagree. If I can't reach them, I hide it someplace at the course and leave them a voicemail letting them know where I put it. I don't owe them hours of my time trying to return it, but it still isn't my disc to throw.

If you can't afford your own discs, consider taking a break from disc golf and going to night school, or whatever it is that will help you get your life on track.

Is it littering though if you never intended to leave it on the ground, and made a good faith effort to retrieve it?

You know, since we all have seemed to have passed the Internet Bar Exam.

Is it littering though if you never intended to leave it on the ground, and made a good faith effort to retrieve it?

You know, since we all have seemed to have passed the Internet Bar Exam.

haha. leaving a disc is as much like littering as keeping a found disc is stealing. you may not have intended to leave it behind, but I've been with players who gave up on searching after a few minutes. not only did that person litter, but in my opinion they abandoned their property and it should now belong to whoever finds it. they are both technically illegal, but I can't imagine a cop actually writing a ticket for either one.

You should return discs because it is the right thing to do, not because it's technically against the law to keep it.

haha. leaving a disc is as much like littering as keeping a found disc is stealing. you may not have intended to leave it behind, but I've been with players who gave up on searching after a few minutes. not only did that person litter, but in my opinion they abandoned their property and it should now belong to whoever finds it. they are both technically illegal, but I can't imagine a cop actually writing a ticket for either one.

You should return discs because it is the right thing to do, not because it's technically against the law to keep it.

You sir, are a genius!

Agree with the first statement, but it is technically against the law. You will never see it enforced for this type of thing...but that doesn't mean it isn't illegal.

And...don't run the littering line. Talk about a cheap excuse of an argument. Why would a person pick up "trash" and not either 1) discard it or 2) use it for a purpose other than the one originally intended.

If a person picks up "trash" and uses it for its original purpose...maybe that person doesn't think it's trash. Wow...maybe the original owner didn't either.

You don't think it might have been...lost...do you?

*yawn

Agree with the first statement, but it is technically against the law. You will never see it enforced for this type of thing...but that doesn't mean it isn't illegal.

And...don't run the littering line. Talk about a cheap excuse of an argument. Why would a person pick up "trash" and not either 1) discard it or 2) use it for a purpose other than the one originally intended.

If a person picks up "trash" and uses it for its original purpose...maybe that person doesn't think it's trash. Wow...maybe the original owner didn't either.

*yawn

You must be a Angry Cav's Fan lol:wall:
Some law's will always be broken, are u saying u never break any?

*yawn

It doesn't really matter, it's still against the letter of the law to throw a piece of plastic on the ground and not pick it up, regardless of intent. If you were playing a game where you threw beer cans in the woods and tried to find them, it would still be littering if you left some behind that you never found. the same as keeping a found disc is technically unlawful, so is leaving one.

^^^FYI I am absolutely NOT arguing people should keep found discs. I am encouraging people not to leave one behind. I never leave one in the woods, and if it's in the water I make a good faith effort to find it (assuming it's safe to do so)

i find all my discs. if you really want it find it!

This is the same opinion I've always had...until i lost my best KC Pro Cheetah.
I was playing at dusk and made a great throw. It literally sailed outta sight.
I spent 45 minutes in the dark looking, and then returned the next day during a break from work and looked another 45mins.
An hour of my work will more than pay for a lost disc, so I had to leave.
I eventuall bought it off of somebody on this forum who got it from the local PIAS.
Not mad, just glad to get it back...
Sometimes you just can't find that darn thing.

There is this spot on the course my brother always plays, it is a briar patch. My brother threw in it and went in after to find his lost disc. After about 10 min of searching he had found probably 10 discs and eventually found his. As he was walking out a branch poked him in the eye. He ended up with a $500 dollar doctor bill because of the scratched cornea.

Should all the people he called about the lost discs help him pay for his doctor bill when he returned their discs? If you know where the disc is and dont go get it does that mean you are abandoning it?

What about those crazy guys who get in the alligator infested water to get a disc and pull others plastic out. Where do we draw the line of putting your own health in danger for plastic and being pissed if they dont give it back.

Oh and my brothers wife was pissed about the doctors bill over a $10 piece of plastic

There is this spot on the course my brother always plays, it is a briar patch. My brother threw in it and went in after to find his lost disc. After about 10 min of searching he had found probably 10 discs and eventually found his. As he was walking out a branch poked him in the eye. He ended up with a $500 dollar doctor bill because of the scratched cornea.

Should all the people he called about the lost discs help him pay for his doctor bill when he returned their discs? If you know where the disc is and dont go get it does that mean you are abandoning it?

What about those crazy guys who get in the alligator infested water to get a disc and pull others plastic out. Where do we draw the line of putting your own health in danger for plastic and being pissed if they dont give it back.

Oh and my brothers wife was pissed about the doctors bill over a $10 piece of plastic

this makes me:(

Wow, that is unfortunate. I might "sneak" back in there with a Bobcat and remove said briar patch after such an incident.

I return discs, and have spent a ton of time looking for others discs. I just think it is funny how angry people get about this topic. I think the more serious the player the more likely they will return disc. I also think the better the player the less likely they will lose discs and be in the thick stuff finding a ton of discs. We would all be alot more happy if we all followed the golden rule.

I must be the only one not finding discs...total discs found 0 . Total discs lost..too many to count...discs returned to me, 0. I don't even bother putting my info on em anymore..

I found a groove with a name and number on it but decided to throw it in a lake. They were better off without it.

Any disc found on a course would reasonably be considered "lost". So it pretty much passes your first test just be being found.

As for the second test, the reasonable effort, if the disc is inked and no other golfers are in sight, then there isn't too much that can be done and you got a disc. If the disc has contact information, you'd be obliged to call/text/email the person. If they can't be reached or if it would be an unreasonable hardship to make accommodations to return the disc, then it's yours. The situation will dictate what the reasonable effort is, but in the end, follow the golden rule of "don't be a douche".

If I can see a disc, but don't think it's worth the effort to get (i.e. briar patch example), is it lost or abandoned? There are a lot of reasonable explanations for finding a disc that isn't lost. I would be surprised if expecting the finder to make the phone call or text would hold up in court as well. I've called every phone number I've found, but there's a significant difference between wrong and illegal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts