• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Dye A Day Thread! (Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hate to miss a day. Dscddwn's Icon ghost, gotta luv that stamp.

ghostsDSC_3477_zps04ddb203.jpg

yep. awesome.

Dan, love the spin-dye and brainwave combos, the two techniques complentnt each other well.

Now if I'm looking for my disc and sombody asks what it looks like I can just say "Orange"! Besides I wanted to dye a thrower that was easy to find.:D
picture.php

Some dip,mostly acetone and a little SC

Luv it Dude, a great novel idea! I can see a whole bag of 'em, let's see, a 375 flex shot, gonna need my Kiwi :D

Has anyone tried using ink base as a dye? I recently turned a clear MVP vector a really neat blue/purple with some base and black-ink just mixed up and set the disc in. I noticed a website with tons of different colors and it literally took like 3 drops of the ink to get the color. New to the whole process but it was easier than I thought! Would love to hear your guys experienced thoughts--

2013-02-21_14-51-50_585.jpg

The citrus idea is good, except every now and then you get a lemon. LEMON! Get it? Is this thing on?...

El Dude, love the orange! These are some of my recent ones. The discraft stamp got me on the Pink Panther. The Danny DeVito image came out great, but the disc got discolored (no pun intended). Out of 80-some discs I've dyed, this is the 3rd time that's happened. Don't know why. :wall:
P1030289_zps92b1e2b5.jpg

P1030290_zps4df3bf55.jpg

P1030293_zps4a3b6834.jpg

P1030301_zpsc0851c09.jpg

Nothing like the master's, but some of my recent ones....

not fun to hand cut, but pretty pleased with how it came out. I can't imagine how someone drew this pattern....
8504221787_6d6a6ebc8f_z.jpg

Ti Buzzz
8504192569_3df530940d_z.jpg

was kind of in a rush to get this done for a friend going to Russia, so my not the greatest technique suffered even more. Logo from the Russian Disc Golf Association
8420008191_4d0aaa92bc_z.jpg

Dan, love the spin-dye and brainwave combos, the two techniques complentnt each other well.

Now if I'm looking for my disc and sombody asks what it looks like I can just say "Orange"! Besides I wanted to dye a thrower that was easy to find.:D
picture.php

Some dip,mostly acetone and a little SC

That's friggin' awesome.

Out of 80-some discs I've dyed, this is the 3rd time that's happened. Don't know why.

I saw this frequently if i let the dye get too hot. it seems to penetrate the vinyl at a certain temperature. the bubbles in the vinyl then leave the spots since its not making direct contact.

My best friend Josie on a Road Runner. A big thanks to KCDISCDOG for help with the design. I missed a little goobers from the vinyl in the corner of the eye and ear :doh:.

2013-02-03_13-37-09_992.jpg

I saw this frequently if i let the dye get too hot. it seems to penetrate the vinyl at a certain temperature. the bubbles in the vinyl then leave the spots since its not making direct contact.

I dye at 90 - 100 degrees.:confused:

Koogs I've seen spots on MVP plastic before but I got a feeling your other episodes were with something else so probably no help. I will say that the detail in the hair is frick'n amazing, that all just hand cut stencil work??? :clap:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts