• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Dye A Day Thread! (Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.
damn Bennett that glow meteor is the business! nicely done.

It's nothing impressive, but I thought I'd contribute. It's one of my first dyes, and there's some bleeding on the letters, but I'm quite happy with it.

Also, it's a Lucid Trespass.

That is solid for one being of one your first. I also did a Gandalf inspired disc. A white no stamp SSS Wizard. I was going to do multiple color but I ****ed up the first run. I left it on way, way too long and kind of melted teh contact paper, but somehow it turned out badass bc of it.

Attachments

• 1225131047.jpg
    1225131047.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 133
This right here is also the exact same reason I have one. Also the same reason I just spent a boatload more to get me a nicer one. :)

What the heck is a plotter? :confused: I already want one and I don't know what it is...

It's not a printer, it's a cutter. It doesn't print anything.

Think of it as a CAD machine, for vinyl. The plotter follows "paths" that tell the blade where to cut.

Anyone know how well disccraft crystal holds dye? Is it similar to champion/z or star/esp?

Dyes very well. The only issue with Cryztal is that because it is so clear, sometimes the color doesn't seem as "deep" or dark.

12036872085_a98cdc761d.jpg

11937647164_3199264ef4_z.jpg

10516861745_b05224fc0b_z.jpg

9371934144_40d3174f2b_z.jpg

Today's freshie...

...a super pearly Gold line Lat 64 Bolt. Been holding onto this disc for about 5 months, waiting for the right idea to "happen". First time dyeing Gold line plastic and I really like the way it takes dye! Now I just hope I like the way this one works on the course!

image_zpseafa4f05.jpg

Peace,
-Jeff

...a super pearly Gold line Lat 64 Bolt. Been holding onto this disc for about 5 months, waiting for the right idea to "happen". First time dyeing Gold line plastic and I really like the way it takes dye! Now I just hope I like the way this one works on the course!

Peace,
-Jeff

Nice job. Very impressive! I like the sky background a lot. Was that done using shaving cream or painting it on?

Yes, lovely sunset, and I love having another racing fan in this forum :thmbup: :hfive:

I've been mostly just lurking lately, but I finally uploaded some dye pics from last month.
Both of these went down to the super wonderful guys at Hazy Shade DG in Dayton OH for
the 'Dyeing for a Cause' Fundraiser/Auction/Contest

picture.php

picture.php

Yes, lovely sunset, and I love having another racing fan in this forum :thmbup: :hfive:

Thanks Bennett! I'll have more racing dyes coming! ;) This one almost ended up with a 917 on it but I didn't want to waste any of the pearly white goodness that was so fitting for the Chaparral.

Thanks to all for the kind words! I really could not be happier with the results on this one. Gonna have to get some more Gold line!!!:thmbup:

Peace,
-Jeff

I've been mostly just lurking lately, but I finally uploaded some dye pics from last month.
Both of these went down to the super wonderful guys at Hazy Shade DG in Dayton OH for
the 'Dyeing for a Cause' Fundraiser/Auction/Contest
[/IMG]

Great dyes, El Dude.

MAN I wish I had heard about the Dyeing for a Cause this year. Great event that I'd like to help out with, as would a lot of people on this thread I imagine. Make sure to spread the word on here next year!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts